Jump to content

Dillon Mitchell- 5 star SF commit for '22


shadow_operative
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also, this Grady Dick guy looks like he's gonna be a huge pain in the ass for us (and the rest of the league) at KU. god damn that kid can shoot. 

Going to KU?

Sounds like a Grade-A Dick to me. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i just realized that next year we may have Dylan Disu, Tre Mitchell, and Dillon Mitchell. referring to anyone (phonetically) as Dillon or Mitchell might get confusing. But as Marlo Stanfield would say, "Sound like one of them good problems." 

Galindo will call them Tre, Mitchell, and Dylan to maximize confusion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sal said:

Galindo will call them Tre, Mitchell, and Dylan to maximize confusion 

"Dylan of course in his second year at Texas after playing for the Vanderbilt Commodores of Nashville, Tennessee. We asked Dillon what it was like being in his first year at the University of Texas and Mitchell chimed in that they both agree it felt like a perfect fit almost immediately. Dylan here with the drive to the rim - leaves it short but here's Dillon with the follow up slam!"

And then I shoot myself. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, shadow_operative said:

i just realized that next year we may have Dylan Disu, Tre Mitchell, and Dillon Mitchell. referring to anyone (phonetically) as Dillon or Mitchell might get confusing. But as Marlo Stanfield would say, "Sound like one of them good problems." 

fucking Tre Mitchell.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886jz4j7hsgi88pmse9gx

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

fucking Tre Mitchell.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886jz4j7hsgi88pmse9gx

 

 

I mean, it was known when he was in the portal the package we were getting. 

We do have that banked in 3 pointer against Kansas to remember him by. Reading the KU boards after that was pretty much worth the price of admission for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's a fucking joke. He's going top 10. 

He profiles as a similar athlete to Baylor’s Kendall Brown on last year’s team. In the preseason Brown mocked as a late lottery pick and as his lack of offensive skills became more apparent throughout the season he continued to slip in the mocks until finally he went with the 48th pick in the actual draft. I’ve yet to see much of an offensive skill set in Mitchell that prevents the same thing from happening to him.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

He profiles as a similar athlete to Baylor’s Kendall Brown on last year’s team. In the preseason Brown mocked as a late lottery pick and as his lack of offensive skills became more apparent throughout the season he continued to slip in the mocks until finally he went with the 48th pick in the actual draft. I’ve yet to see much of an offensive skill set in Mitchell that prevents the same thing from happening to him.

I will be so disappointed if Dillon's pre-draft evaluations come up lacking and he returns for a second season.

No, I don't think that will happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I will be so disappointed if Dillon's pre-draft evaluations come up lacking and he returns for a second season.

No, I don't think that will happen.

I hear you, but nowadays a 6'7"-6'8" forward typically needs to bring some decent ball skills to the table to be a first round lock. But maybe with all the switching Beard likes to do he may show that he's a plus wing defender like Tari Eason and get a team to really like him in the first round. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

He profiles as a similar athlete to Baylor’s Kendall Brown on last year’s team. In the preseason Brown mocked as a late lottery pick and as his lack of offensive skills became more apparent throughout the season he continued to slip in the mocks until finally he went with the 48th pick in the actual draft. I’ve yet to see much of an offensive skill set in Mitchell that prevents the same thing from happening to him.

 

22 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I hear you, but nowadays a 6'7"-6'8" forward typically needs to bring some decent ball skills to the table to be a first round lock. But maybe with all the switching Beard likes to do he may show that he's a plus wing defender like Tari Eason and get a team to really like him in the first round. 

Are you watching the game? 

First of all - he's not a plus defender. He's an elite defender already across multiple positions. The last freshman that I saw who was as good on D was Anthony Davis. 

Second - he boards well and jumps out of the gym (and he has a nose for the ball... his IQ is much higher than someone like Greg Brown).

Someone will take a flyer on him well into the 1st round. I promise you. 

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

 

Are you watching the game? 

First of all - he's not a plus defender. He's an elite defender already across multiple positions. The last freshman that I saw who was as good on D was Anthony Davis. 

Second - he boards well and jumps out of the gym (and he has a nose for the ball... his IQ is much higher than someone like Greg Brown).

Someone will take a flyer on him well into the 1st round. I promise you. 

Calm down we played the 323rd ranked team in the nation and have faced 1 team inside the 170s. An elite athlete like Mitchell is going to look absolutely dominant against that slate of opponents.  Like I said before, he's an elite athlete with a limited offensive skillset.  If he demonstrates some wing skills he could possibly go in 1st like Tari Eason, but without that and depending on the depth of the draft this year he may slip like both Greg Brown and Kendall Brown did in years past.  

 

Tari Eason at least displayed some wing skills.  We've yet to see that with Mitchell.  

 

 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

 

Calm down we played the 323rd ranked team in the nation and have faced 1 team inside the 170s. An elite athlete like Mitchell is going to look absolutely dominant against that slate of opponents.  Like I said before, he's an elite athlete with a limited offensive skillset.  If he demonstrates some wing skills he could possibly go in 1st like Tari Eason, but without that and depending on the depth of the draft this year he may slip like both Greg Brown and Kendall Brown did in years past.  

 

Tari Eason at least displayed some wing skills.  We've yet to see that with Mitchell.  

 

 

I'm not getting worked up about it. I just think that you're wrong. He's a much better prospect than Greg Brown - for starters. He was the 5th player in his class compared to 14th for Kendall Brown. He handles and passes well but it's disguised in this Texas offense. 

Would you put down $100 that he doesn't go in the first round? 

How about $200 that he doesn't go in the top 20. @immamac can sanction. 

He doesn't need "wing skills" that jump off the page when he's an elite defender and athlete and capable ball handler and passer. He isn't dissimilar to Sochan who just went 9th in the draft. 

By the way - talking about our competition - how about this tape against Gonzaga. 

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not getting worked up about it. I just think that you're wrong. He's a much better prospect than Greg Brown - for starters. He was the 5th player in his class compared to 14th for Kendall Brown. He handles and passes well but it's disguised in this Texas offense. 

Would you put down $100 that he doesn't go in the first round? 

How about $200 that he doesn't go in the top 20. @immamac can sanction. 

He doesn't need "wing skills" that jump off the page when he's an elite defender and athlete and capable ball handler and passer. He isn't dissimilar to Sochan who just went 9th in the draft. 

By the way - talking about our competition - how about this tape against Gonzaga. 

I dont think you paid much attention to Sochan if you believe they're in any way similar. Sochan is a Boris Diaw type in that he's fairly heady and savvy with the ball and is sort of a playmaker from the front court. Plus he's nowhere near as athletic as Mitchell. In fact the reason I keep comparing Mitchell to Kendall Brown is because at this time last year Brown was mocking right in the same range as Mitchell is today and Sochan wasn't in the first round.

With that being said,  I've couched all my comments about Mitchell in the framing that he hasn't demonstrated an offensive skillset, YET. Shit, for all I know he could have plus wing skills that we haven't seen 5 games into the season. And it's too early to claim anything definitively about where he'd go in the draft. I just don't believe that 6'7" or 6'8"  player that only demonstrates elite athleticism is a lock for a top 20 pick,  much less  the first round.  And I made my initial post about Mitchell's draft prospects in response to belief that he's a sure bet to leave early.  I'm hopeful that he'd return if he starts to slip like Brown did last year.   

 

 

They're are extremely similar players. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

 

I dont think you paid much attention to Sochan if you believe they're in any way similar. Sochan is a Boris Diaw type in that he's fairly heady and savvy with the ball and is sort of a playmaker from the front court. Plus he's nowhere near as athletic Mitchell. In fact the reason I keep comparing Mitchell to Kendall Brown is because at this time last year Brown was mocking right in the same range as Mitchell is today and Sochan wasn't in the first round.

With that being said,  I've couched all my comments about Mitchell in the framing that he hasn't demonstrated an offensive skillset, YET. Shit, for all I know he could have plus wing skills that we haven't seen 5 games into the season. And it's too early to claim anything definitively about where he'd go in the draft. I just don't believe that 6'7" or 6'8"  player that only demonstrates elite athleticism is a lock for a top 20 pick,  much less  the first round.  And I made my initial post about Mitchell's draft prospects in response to belief that he's a sure bet to leave early.  I'm hopeful that he'd return if he starts to slip like Brown did last year.   

 

 

They're are extremely similar players. 

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Throw down $100 that Mitchell doesn't go 20th or higher or quit replying to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I throw down $200 would you quit responding to him?

Mitchell isn’t a lock to go anywhere. Derrick Jones Jr. and Kendall Brown were 2nd rounders.  Zhaire Smith was shorter and an even worse shooter than all of them, but was a 1st rounder.  It mostly depends on what defensive upside they’re going to see from him.  They’ll probably see a lot because Beard will have a great defensive team and he will guard bigs and wings, but his raw offensive game and likely low upside shooting ability gives ammo for teams to pass as well.  

Edited by longhornmatt
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

$500 straight up Dillon Mitchell doesn't go 24th or earlier in the NBA draft. 

@longhornmatt @SL Xpress @Catdaddyhorn

1:1 

Quit talking shit and put your name down. 

@immamac will endorse. 

If none of you are about it then shut the fuck up. 

You're getting mighty worked up. I like it. 

I'm rooting for Mitchell to stick around for another year. But if he goes I hope he goes as high as possible and makes a very nice career for himself. You're a lot more invested in where he goes in the draft than I am. 

But I do like it that this is bothering you so much.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

You're getting mighty worked up. I like it. 

I'm rooting for Mitchell to stick around for another year. But if he goes I hope he goes as high as possible and makes a very nice career for himself. You're a lot more invested in where he goes in the draft than I am. 

But I do like it that this is bothering you so much.

Alright well you're out. 

Two left. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

$500 straight up Dillon Mitchell doesn't go 24th or earlier in the NBA draft. 

@longhornmatt @SL Xpress @Catdaddyhorn

1:1 

Quit talking shit and put your name down. 

@immamac will endorse. 

If none of you are about it then shut the fuck up. 

If you pay me $500, I’ll put my name down as totally disavowing that I ever called you Park Cities Derka and/or Low Stakes Closetojumping. 

Edited by longhornmatt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

If you pay me $500, I’ll put my name down as totally disavowing that I ever called you nose candy Park Cities Derka.  

I don't do blow and I don't live in the park cities. 

If you think Mitchell goes 25th or later I will honor that bet with you. $500. But you aren't going to do that, because you know that I know more than you. 

And - like I said - if you aren't about it then shut the fuck up. 

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I bet you $500 I don’t shut the fuck up.  We on?

Also, I should get credit for editing out the unfounded coke habit allegation and adding the gambling addict allegation instead.

I mean - I'm neither of those things. 

$500 to me Dillon Mitchell is drafted 24th or higher - $500 to you he isn't. 

That is my proposition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...