2022 European soccer megathread

Jive Turkey

On 2/18/2023 at 11:14 AM, shnsajax said:

Gladbach beat Bayern which gives Union the chance to go top on points tomorrow and Dortmund a chance to go level with them as well. Bundesliga is finally worth watching again in February outside of looking for the American playing somewhere. 

All Union Berlin had to do was to beat THE LAST PLACE TEAM IN DAS BUNDESLIGA! 

And they could score a single fucking goal…

AT HOME!

E082A924-DE17-410E-A158-E60C2BB9217A.thumb.jpeg.cb9c869690d66d6e2e4d029453c8d4e6.jpeg

Against the Schalke Shitboxes!

Could have been first, but are 3rd instead. 
1F279740-C1A5-4F65-9A3C-424BCCEA0A60.thumb.jpeg.22357713a968d2bf4f423641c75a4cdc.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, Captain Ron said:

It sounds like this is not related to the team. It sounds like there are other issues (like the fact that his affair with a reporter just came to light, etc).

Ummm…

IMG_0010.thumb.jpeg.006b81d4b9462627fcc8b3b6d6125e83.jpeg

If by “affair”, you meant to say “his girlfriend is a reporter”, then I would say that you’re pushing it. 

And using “just”… ummm…

IMG_0011.thumb.jpeg.e5a90aedf261e94039d614a38264683b.jpeg

This is a photo from Bayern’s Oktoberfest gathering. Usually in the first 5 days of Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest runs for about 17 days and ends the first Sunday in October. So this photo would have been taken sometime around September 20th… or about HALF OF A YEAR ago.

Showing up at one of the team’s biggest events of the year with the reporter as his date just may have been noticed by one or two people in the club. Or perhaps every single fucking person in the club knew that his girlfriend was the reporter, Lena Wurzenberger, for at least 6 months and maybe longer. 

Club officials may have finally grown tired of seeing Lena’s articles about the team and her inside info during this run of poor form, but in absolutely no way did the club “just” find out about his girlfriend (or “affair” if you must).

The real question is how a girl with her looks could get the head coach at Bayern.

IMG_0007.thumb.jpeg.49b6e322f4525ff98fee19c1f219e285.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg.64d60bd1531b2b146e28c0c86b3678ea.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

Not sure where else to post this but venting here in hopes of a change in QPR’s fortune as we hit the home stretch.

After a solid start to the season, through 17 games we were in 3rd place with 30 points

Since then, 22 games and 12 more points earned.

Now sitting in 19th place, just three points above the relegation zone after a 1-0 loss to last-place Wigan today. Seven games left with a tough closing schedule: five of the top 10. Hold me…

Edited by LonghornSean

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, Napoleon said:

Ummm…

IMG_0010.thumb.jpeg.006b81d4b9462627fcc8b3b6d6125e83.jpeg

If by “affair”, you meant to say “his girlfriend is a reporter”, then I would say that you’re pushing it. 

And using “just”… ummm…

IMG_0011.thumb.jpeg.e5a90aedf261e94039d614a38264683b.jpeg

This is a photo from Bayern’s Oktoberfest gathering. Usually in the first 5 days of Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest runs for about 17 days and ends the first Sunday in October. So this photo would have been taken sometime around September 20th… or about HALF OF A YEAR ago.

Showing up at one of the team’s biggest events of the year with the reporter as his date just may have been noticed by one or two people in the club. Or perhaps every single fucking person in the club knew that his girlfriend was the reporter, Lena Wurzenberger, for at least 6 months and maybe longer. 

Club officials may have finally grown tired of seeing Lena’s articles about the team and her inside info during this run of poor form, but in absolutely no way did the club “just” find out about his girlfriend (or “affair” if you must).

The real question is how a girl with her looks could get the head coach at Bayern.

IMG_0007.thumb.jpeg.49b6e322f4525ff98fee19c1f219e285.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg.64d60bd1531b2b146e28c0c86b3678ea.jpeg

Good head would be my guess. Has worked on me in the past. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird that no one here cares about this. There are other leagues than the PL. Bayern has won 10 titles in a row - imagine if this was a team trying to unseat a PL team that had won 10 in a row.

Augsburg picks up a red. Going to be a man down the last 50'.

Edited by ztejas

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's weird that no one here cares about this. There are other leagues than the PL. Bayern has won 10 titles in a row - imagine if this was a team trying to unseat a PL team that had won 10 in a row.

Augsburg picks up a red. Going to be a man down the last 50'.

Crazy that Dortmund hasn’t gotten 1 or 3 yet with all of their good chances. I’d say it’s a matter of time but the red for Augsburg has changed their strategy to defend only. 

ps I think hoffenheim has survived the relegation race with their win yesterday barring a fairly drastic goal diff change next week if they don’t get a point off of stuttgart. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Crazy that Dortmund hasn’t gotten 1 or 3 yet with all of their good chances. I’d say it’s a matter of time but the red for Augsburg has changed their strategy to defend only. 

Might need a little Gio Reyna...

Dude on the ESPN desk (I know he's famous can't remember his name) saying Dortmund fell off after 1-0 and that makes him nervous for next week. 

I'd say their first win on the road in 3 months and a 3-0 no doubter at that is more promising of a result...

But it is BvB. And they are going to be trying to break a hell of a run on Saturday. Especially if Hummels can't go.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Dude on the ESPN desk (I know he's famous can't remember his name) saying Dortmund fell off after 1-0 and that makes him nervous for next week. 

I'd say their first win on the road in 3 months and a 3-0 no doubter at that is more promising of a result...

But it is BvB. And they are going to be trying to break a hell of a run on Saturday. Especially if Hummels can't go.

But also they said that bvb has only dropped 5 points at home all season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But also they said that bvb has only dropped 5 points at home all season. 

I also don't trust Bayern to win. They've been off all season and had a bunch of WTF results. 

And the westfalen is going to be rocking...

Appointment viewing for true fans of the game whether you follow the league or not (I mean shit I barely do myself).

Edited by ztejas

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WBT said:

Sevilla and Roma tied at 1 in the 75th of the Europa final with a penalty review for Sevilla.

F mou, go Sevilla!

Edit - no era penal

If Mourinho were not the Roma manager, I would likely be pulling for Roma. 

But fuck that guy!

Both teams have Argies, but. Mourinho banished American Bryan Reynolds  (FC Dallas), so fuck him!