Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

5 hours ago, El Moco said:

I can’t believe I forgot to mention barbacoa from Del Rio Tortilla Factory on Gillette and Don Pedro’s.  As for Karam’s, yes they were technically on the West side, but back then we claimed them as our own.

After the Alamo Bowl we went down to the DR Tortilla Factory to pick up the 24 dozen cooked & frozen tamales the wife ordered two weeks before.. Have yet to discover any better.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

After the Alamo Bowl we went down to the DR Tortilla Factory to pick up the 24 dozen cooked & frozen tamales the wife ordered two weeks before.. Have yet to discover any better.

I remember hitting up the Tall Texan and getting some charbroiled burgers after kicking ass or getting our ass kicked at Don Bosco during CYO baseball on Saturday’s.  Then, my dad would take us to Baskin Robin’s on SW Military for a cone.  Sunday morning my mom would wake us all up with the smell of two pounds of all-meat barbacoa from DRTF with a dozen tamales, a pack of flour tortillas, a tub of hot sauce and three liter Big Red.  Spanish Mass always followed at noon and the world was right again.

Edited by El Moco

On 1/30/2019 at 3:29 PM, El Moco said:

Same here.  I live in Katy now, but my parents still live in the same house.  When I go down, I hit up DP’s and Blue Moon Cafe (right behind Burbank).  Little Red Barn every now and then too.

My Tio and Tia have their house across the street from Burbank on Golondrina. When I would stay over we would frequent Blue Moon, Bolners for the pit and Diamond Shamrock or Sunglo for snacks 

2 hours ago, ChingoHorns said:

My Tio and Tia have their house across the street from Burbank on Golondrina. When I would stay over we would frequent Blue Moon, Bolners for the pit and Diamond Shamrock or Sunglo for snacks 

We used to throw the Southside Sun from about Division all the way to Burbank.  I used to remember they had a street called Bigfoot that used to make me chuckle.  We passed by Bolners all the time.  Bill Miller’s always had coupons in the paper and they would always wonder how we had them a day before they were supposed to be active.

20 hours ago, El Moco said:

We used to throw the Southside Sun from about Division all the way to Burbank.  I used to remember they had a street called Bigfoot that used to make me chuckle.  We passed by Bolners all the time.  Bill Miller’s always had coupons in the paper and they would always wonder how we had them a day before they were supposed to be active.

I’m all too familiar with Bigfoot 😂 we busted our asses riding down that steep ass street with our bikes and scooters.