Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

I'm not going to act like it's the worst, but I've worked in the area for nearly 14 years so I may just be numb to it all by now. These days, the worst you'll see are the transients shitting outside of their tents under I35.

APD started targeting the area years ago, and installed the "HALO" cameras. I think it's had a positive impact on the area, but it is definitely still a shithole. 

Edited by SurlyBDR
Don't get me wrong, there are still crackheads roaming daily

35 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Idgaf about derailing the thread, I want to know the back story on that collections of pictures. Great photography.

Thank you.  You should check out the photography thread in "Hobbies".  Some talented photographers on this forum.

I am not sure if there is much of a backstory to the photos besides the location.  Liberty Road and Lyons Ave are the main east-west arteries through the 5th Ward and most of these photos were taken along them.  It is a depressing and compelling part of Houston.  I have been documenting the area for about 10 years or so. 

• Like 1