Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

What's even more unamerican is the fucking ketchup on the hot dog.  Fucking Texans will put ketchup on anything and call it Lone Star cuisine.  Chicken, brisket, hot dogs...what the fuck?  Don't get me started on mayo.  

A Fng “true Texan” will put some kind of Chipotle, salsa, or at least Tabasco on anything, prior to even tasting it! Or at least that’s me! Which pisses my wife off, which I just shake my head and say that’s it’s just my mental defect.

Hook’em!!!
  • Like 1

^ My in -laws, god bless 'em, will look at me baffled when I just start pouring salsa onto breakfast (eggs, hashed browns, sausage/bacon, etc.).  Just how I roll.  Not an insult to the cook, just adding flavor to a tasteless breakfast.  But I don't say a fucking word when I make dinner and they empty out the fucking salt shaker onto the well done wallet/steak I grilled for them and then douse it in A1 or ketchup before ever taking a bite.  Sodium is a preservative, maybe a small portion of an overall dry rub, it wasn't meant as a crutch for people like their cooked meats to make a squeegee sound as they chew it.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Rage+1 2

On 11/9/2023 at 8:15 AM, YGIFS said:

What's even more unamerican is the fucking ketchup on the hot dog.  Fucking Texans will put ketchup on anything and call it Lone Star cuisine.  Chicken, brisket, hot dogs...what the fuck?  Don't get me started on mayo.  

lol, fucking yankee....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So dumb. You can drive 30 straight hours cross country in an RV but get in a bus or semi? 10 hrs before needing 8 hrs of rest

This.  Our interstate drivers have to log it all both analog and digitally, then there's a redundancy device in the cab.  Plus they can get "bonus points" wearing a smart device that'll track their sleep patterns which can earn them lower premiums, gift cards, 'n shit provided it's not knocking themselves out with sleeping pills which make their first couple hours in the morning super groggy.  But that same guy can get in his RV during his week off, pack his harley trailer to the gills, hastily attach it to the RV, smoke a couple of meth bowls, and do a Cannonball Run for Sturgis in 15 hours flat.  And nobody knows anything about it until they see the timestamps on his wife's facebook feed.  

There's hundreds, if not thousands, of Thomas J Henry's in every state looking to sue the fuck out of any driver and his employer for any thing that could be remotely blamed on a tractor-trailer.  And that's perfectly fine, it's the American Way.  But there's never any mention of suing some jackass in a 30,000 pound RV swerving in the crosswinds in the left lane for 4 states in a row.  But you start suing the deep-pocketed RV World or CruiseAmerica for turning over the keys to these giant things to some 83 year old with bad eyesight and slow reflexes.  Now that's a cottage industry.  The fucking rental process takes less time than getting a Kia at Enterprise.  And spoiler alert, most trucking fleets are maintained to safety specs that would make the FAA weep.  Meanwhile, those RV rental superstores on the access road?  Yeah, it's like 2 guys and a bucket of brake fluid maintaining the whole armada.  Maybe Ted Lorenz could be on top of it!

• Like 2

This.  Our interstate drivers have to log it all both analog and digitally, then there's a redundancy device in the cab.  Plus they can get "bonus points" wearing a smart device that'll track their sleep patterns which can earn them lower premiums, gift cards, 'n shit provided it's not knocking themselves out with sleeping pills which make their first couple hours in the morning super groggy.  But that same guy can get in his RV during his week off, pack his harley trailer to the gills, hastily attach it to the RV, smoke a couple of meth bowls, and do a Cannonball Run for Sturgis in 15 hours flat.  And nobody knows anything about it until they see the timestamps on his wife's facebook feed.  
There's hundreds, if not thousands, of Thomas J Henry's in every state looking to sue the fuck out of any driver and his employer for any thing that could be remotely blamed on a tractor-trailer.  And that's perfectly fine, it's the American Way.  But there's never any mention of suing some jackass in a 30,000 pound RV swerving in the crosswinds in the left lane for 4 states in a row.  But you start suing the deep-pocketed RV World or CruiseAmerica for turning over the keys to these giant things to some 83 year old with bad eyesight and slow reflexes.  Now that's a cottage industry.  The fucking rental process takes less time than getting a Kia at Enterprise.  And spoiler alert, most trucking fleets are maintained to safety specs that would make the FAA weep.  Meanwhile, those RV rental superstores on the access road?  Yeah, it's like 2 guys and a bucket of brake fluid maintaining the whole armada.  Maybe Ted Lorenz could be on top of it!

Mom lives in ABQ. She and her crew hog up the Interstates during the year. I’ve told her that her “convoy” of RV’s is a menace to society. She responds with “we make ‘time’ closer to sea level and flat lands.” I digress! It’s her retirement $$$.

Hook’em!!!

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So dumb. You can drive 30 straight hours cross country in an RV but get in a bus or semi? 10 hrs before needing 8 hrs of rest

11 hours drive time, 3 hours mandated breaks and dwell time. So 14 hour work days and then 10 hours downtime. 

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

CDL drivers have drug and alcohol issues too, the recently created national clearinghouse has something like a 10% reapplication rate for drivers to try and get back in, so 90% just say fuck it and find some other job without as strict drug and alcohol testing. Let that sink in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Covri said:

11 hours drive time, 3 hours mandated breaks and dwell time. So 14 hour work days and then 10 hours downtime. 

CDL drivers have drug and alcohol issues too, the recently created national clearinghouse has something like a 10% reapplication rate for drivers to try and get back in, so 90% just say fuck it and find some other job without as strict drug and alcohol testing. Let that sink in.

Let me assure you from 25 years in the business...the alcohol/drug abuse is far more rampant in the people who employ/deploy these drivers than it is with the guys behind the wheel.  But you're right, it's still a major issue and growing in certain areas.  Our attrition rates have been comparatively low, but there are some LTL brokers we work with that are going through guys within 60 days month over month over month.  with all the safety measures and mandated breaks, you'd think the usage would taper off...but the opposite has happened.  We can't, but if it were up to me...I'd take the immigrant, but licensed, driver with little work history stateside who knows one hungover/high hot-shot run would fuck him over for a long while as opposed to the tenured legacy driver moving over from Yellow or Celadon who has a "clean history" but looks shaky as fuck every morning despite his buddy in HR saying he's good to go.  For another thread I suppose...

• Like 1

Let me assure you from 25 years in the business...the alcohol/drug abuse is far more rampant in the people who employ/deploy these drivers than it is with the guys behind the wheel.  But you're right, it's still a major issue and growing in certain areas.  Our attrition rates have been comparatively low, but there are some LTL brokers we work with that are going through guys within 60 days month over month over month.  with all the safety measures and mandated breaks, you'd think the usage would taper off...but the opposite has happened.  We can't, but if it were up to me...I'd take the immigrant, but licensed, driver with little work history stateside who knows one hungover/high hot-shot run would fuck him over for a long while as opposed to the tenured legacy driver moving over from Yellow or Celadon who has a "clean history" but looks shaky as fuck every morning despite his buddy in HR saying he's good to go.  For another thread I suppose...

I was lonelier than Kunta Kinte at a Merle Haggard concert
That night I strolled on into Uncle Limpy's Hump Palace lookin' for love.
It had been a while.
In fact, three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
Since that midnight run haulin' hog to Shakey Town on I-10.
I had picked up this hitchhiker that was sweatin' gallons
Through a pair of Daisy Duke cut-offs and one of those Fruit Of The Loom tank-tops.
Well, that night I lost myself to ruby red lips,
Milky white skin and baby blue eyes.
Name was Russell.
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, deft said:

I was lonelier than Kunta Kinte at a Merle Haggard concert
That night I strolled on into Uncle Limpy's Hump Palace lookin' for love.
It had been a while.
In fact, three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
Since that midnight run haulin' hog to Shakey Town on I-10.
I had picked up this hitchhiker that was sweatin' gallons
Through a pair of Daisy Duke cut-offs and one of those Fruit Of The Loom tank-tops.
Well, that night I lost myself to ruby red lips,
Milky white skin and baby blue eyes.
Name was Russell.

haer GIF

Preach!