Texas @ College of Charleston/Citadel - March 15/16 - Midweek Thread

zlavydra

2 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Maybe they can't see the pitches with that preseason #1 in their eyes.

Guys. Us being #1 was because we had a rotation of Hansen, Stevens, and Witt. Without Witt we were not the best team in the country anymore slump or no slump.

Witt is not replaceable, at least not with this current roster. But no reason we cannot turn this around at some point and get back to Omaha.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I never understood the love people had for him.  His fastball is flat and he doesn't locate very well.  

His freshman year he was pretty good and showed great potential. COVID happened, he got injured and for some reason hasn’t been the same guy sense.  Really frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

You can't expect Daly or Hodo to make contact against elite hurlers like these.

I've noticed that some of these shittier schools actually have pitchers.  These dudes are throwing 88-91, maybe. They are dominating UT.  We have guys throwing 93-96 that are getting rocked by hitters we would never consider offering books.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Guys. Us being #1 was because we had a rotation of Hansen, Stevens, and Witt. Without Witt we were not the best team in the country anymore slump or no slump.

Witt is not replaceable. But no reason we cannot turn this around at some point and get back to Omaha.

We posted basically the same comment at the same time.  Hook ‘em.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m more concerned about the Ks than the pitching I think. Pitching will get better. It almost always does for us under Pierce and really just always does period. The Ks have been a theme under Pierce that it seemed like had gotten corrected. I’m worried that we might be going back to that 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Witt is not replaceable. But no reason we cannot turn this around at some point a nd get back to Omaha.

True, but Witt or no Witt, there's no reason we can't put up competitive ABs against South Cackalacky's frosh starter or put the ball in play with the bases loaded vs. a colonial league pitcher.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Losing Witt has nothing to do with this crappy hitting and base running. We were misled. Or something.

Losing pitchers is part of the game. This team needs to suck it up and get straight or conference play is going to be not so fun.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, jw4381 said:

Losing Witt has nothing to do with this crappy hitting and base running. We were misled. Or something.

Uh, crappy hitting is nothing new to the program. Hell we were a 2 seed last year and went into the first World Series game striking out 21 times. 21. This year is starting to look exactly like last year hitting wise, we either hit the ball or don’t. Not a whole lot in between. 

Just now, jw4381 said:

Please elaborate.

You think losing Witt has NOTHING to do with the hitting? At the least it puts our hitters in less favorable situations having to play from behind. I'd argue it also likely has a more subconscious, psychological effect. These guys aren't robots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I mean these same guys did these exact things last year. Not sure what you were expecting.

Of course when they did we had great pitching to bail us out, at least late in the season. But if we are also going to give up 8 runs well that makes it rough.