2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

can the astros move castro and roll with a back up rookie catcher the rest of the season and the playoffs ?

lee / diaz / berryhill, astros have some young talent at catcher 

So if you lump Castro into the Odo deal we can move up from a bag of balls to a case of balls.

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

can the astros move castro and roll with a back up rookie catcher the rest of the season and the playoffs ?

lee / diaz / berryhill, astros have some young talent at catcher 

The problem with doing that is that all 3 of those guys need reps which would be pretty limited if called up. 

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

So if you lump Castro into the Odo deal we can move up from a bag of balls to a case of balls.

I think attaching Castro to the deal drives the price down from a case of balls to a bag of balls. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

odo is going to pull in something good. looooot of teams need a #4 or 5 starter 

I think you are right. He should be able to get us 2 prospects that would fit into the top 20 in our system. 

3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

when i was little, my grandfather would tell the joke that when he went inside the store he would put two unwanted oilers tickets under his windshield wipers.  when he came back, there were four tickets.

i was too young to understand these types of jokes, but i believe this is a similar situation.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:
11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:
Clay Holmes run off the mound in the 9th. Reds threatening hard. 

Impossible....i was told he is best pitcher in the universe

dominating so much, mlb took him out to give the rest of the league a chance