2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I knew Biggio walked a lot but holy shit that dude walks a lot. My goodness. His BA sucks but his OBP is pretty pretty good. Not great slugging. He’s 27, so what you see is likely what you get. I wonder if Toronto would move him for Odo. They need a league average guy in their rotation. Seems fair both ways. 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

If Yuli is going to continue to hit better, and especially if Brantley can still play LF, is Bell still a highly desirable trade target? He'd likely have a tough time playing OF for us, and I don't see moving Yuli off 1B. 

Yes

i still love Yuli but even with his recent surge he seems to only be able to offer doubles in the gap, slapping the ball to right with an inside-out swing and grounding in to 6-4-3 DPs

• Hook 'Em 2

Forrest Whitley ranging from 93-76 on FB and breaking pitches through 1 and 2/3 innings of work. He was pulled off the mound suddenly. Not sure what they saw but that can’t be good. Can’t speculate hope it’s the heat. Feels like temp is 104 feels like 115 (Video from the game shows him grimacing due to right arm issues. Looked more like bicep area.)

• Hook 'Em 1

The poor Yankees have fallen off that red-hot pace and are hardly playing like a team aiming to set the all-time wins record. Long time until October for everyone, but as long as Yordan returns on schedule and at least approaches his earlier production, I'd say the Astros have about a 50-50 shot at HFA. Whether having it is to our benefit or not is of course another question. With our top two starters being so dominant and our road record being so solid, I'd take full health over HFA 10 times out of 10. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

The poor Yankees have fallen off that red-hot pace and are hardly playing like a team aiming to set the all-time wins record. Long time until October for everyone, but as long as Yordan returns on schedule and at least approaches his earlier production, I'd say the Astros have about a 50-50 shot at HFA. Whether having it is to our benefit or not is of course another question. With our top two starters being so dominant and our road record being so solid, I'd take full health over HFA 10 times out of 10. 

It's all about who is hot at the right time.. but yes we absolutely need to be healthy, especially on the mound.. No JV or LMJ last postseason was a killer. 

56 minutes ago, slorch said:

Off days suck.  Hell, Dusty already builds them into the schedule…

I get grumpy when our heroes don’t play.

Yeah, I was bummed out about it all weekend, knowing we have an off day today and then late starts following that up.  It's just terrible that there are off days in baseball.  They are all the more cruel for how rare they are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Sweep the DH next week will go a long way

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Indeed

pick up a game this week and sweep that DH and you’re 1.5 back

At a minimum gotta split the DH to win the tiebreaker over the yanks

Man, playing the winner of the Twins v 6th place team in round 1 is probably preferable to me than playing Boston or Tampa in round 1. Get the #1 seed if you can, for sure, but that's not a bad consolation to play Minny or Sea as it sits right now.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1