2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

27 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yep  - If we can get a TOR without giving up Brown I say you go do it.  

You set up your staff for the playoffs.   LMJ ain't gonna give us shit, and if he does it really should be from the bullpen only.  I would feel way more comfortable with JV, Castillo/Montas, Framber, then one of the other guys as the 4.  Let Javier come in from the pen.  Remove Maton/Abreu from anything significant and leave one of them off roster.  LMJ(maybe), Javier, Neris, Montero, Stanek, Pressly main parts of the pen.  Grab a Lefty RP.  

With all that being said I would probably only do it for Castillo or Montas.  Everyone else is really just a guy, and we have guys just as good, or better than them already.  

LMJ should be going on rehab assignment next week man. He should be fully weaponized in August with 6 weeks to Go before the playoffs.  He will be strong and fresh. I expect him to be awesome this year in the post season, as a starter. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

LMJ should be going on rehab assignment next week man. He should be fully weaponized in August with 6 weeks to Go before the playoffs.

Great, so he's got time to get a couple more IL stints out of his system before the playoffs.

• Haha 2

If he’s good in august he will be good in October. All indications are he’s feeling great and the velo and stuff is still there so I’m going to choose to believe he’s going to be good. 
what I do not believe will happen is him pitching out of the arm barn.  Both he and Click are adamant that will not be the path. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If he’s good in august he will be good in October. All indications are he’s feeling great and the velo and stuff is still there so I’m going to choose to believe he’s going to be good. 
what I do not believe will happen is him pitching out of the arm barn.  Both he and Click are adamant that will not be the path. 

if we add a castillo (anyone with 1+ years left) and get a healthy lance back, our 2023 rotation should be quite a treat.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if we add a castillo (anyone with 1+ years left) and get a healthy lance back, our 2023 rotation should be quite a treat.

Whether or not they go that route probably depends on what they think Verlander is going to do and how they want to respond. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Bigger and a very real question, do you roll with Lee as your #2 and dfa Castro ?

maldy thinks very highly of Lee, calls him little brother 

That’s a tough one. While getting coached daily by Maldy is a benefit, does it trump the absence of reps that Lee probably needs. With a big lead, maybe Dusty will go full platoon to address that. 

also, this sounds like we won’t see Jose until the Yankee games

30 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Whether or not they go that route probably depends on what they think Verlander is going to do and how they want to respond. 

I would think so. Seems weird to think we might trade for Castillo, give JV a big raise, have a healthy LMJ back, an all star Framber and then just have Brown, Urquidy, Garcia and Javier ready to go?  
I wonder if the Castillo deal would be a 3 for 1 type?  Garcia, Urquidy and Brown for Castillo. I’d have to think long and hard about that one. That’s 13 years of likely average to above pitching vs 2 post seasons of excellent run. 
If we did that I’d want to flip Maton, Odo and Chas all for pitching prospects at the deadline. 

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Bigger and a very real question, do you roll with Lee as your #2 and dfa Castro ?

maldy thinks very highly of Lee, calls him little brother 

There’s no need to DFA Castro unless you need the 40 man roster spot but as has been pointed out there’s far to easily be cut there. I think it’s more likely they keep him stashed on the DL in case of injury. No benefit (other than 40 man) in a DFA. 

5 hours ago, texashorne said:

I am going tomorrow; driving in from DFW and taking my boy to see his favorite player, which is Jose Altuve. Before yesterday, we were looking ok as we were only missing Uncle Mike and Yordan and JV was on the bump. Now Altuve is out too and Odo may be on the bump.  I guess it could be worse but damn. 

You’re in luck. JV on the bump tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1