The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

56/47/95 shooting splits for KD. Now look up his shooting splits from last year's Finals.

KD is one of the great NBA Finals performers of this generation. He's consistently stepped up his game to tremendous levels on the biggest stage in the sport.

Edited by satyanash

I love kd with an undying passion bc that dude balled out at Texas and is also one of the best in the world right now.  I also understand I'm witnessing a GS dynasty, which is cool because my generation hasn't witnessed a tremendous amount of those.

But damn... talk about a hapless series.  Doesn't even feel like a contest after the jr screw up.  Even kd realizes - his postgame interview he seemed like he was just finishing a pick up game in rucker park.  Most teams would be delirious if they were up 3-0 against lebron. Kd just knows they're that much better. GS vs Houston was the true finals...

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

This can’t be a serious suggestion.

i mean, his reasoning is dumb, but there is no reason that lebron needs to be playing 82 games a year and he'd benefit greatly if he could find a situation where he could play 35-38 minutes in the playoffs rather than 46-48.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It's pretty much why I wanted a Celtics-Warriors finals. It's cool that we got an all-time great LeBron performance in Game 1, but otherwise things are going more or less how I expected, again.

what exactly do you think would be happening if it was the celtics playing the warriors rather than the cavs?

Read that list of nba champions out loud, bottom-to-top. “Kevin Durant ruined the NBA” is extra fucking hilarious when you do that. You end up saying “Warriors” once. Meanwhile the Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls are named a combined 19 times. These three teams won 18 titles in 26 years, including 11 titles in 13 years. and in those other two years years Michael Jordan was playing baseball when the season began. But yeah, KD ruined the competitive balance of the league. Got any more hot takes you buncha know-nothing jabronis?

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

NBA is doing just fine.

He still ruined any competitive balance in the league and that is his point. Anyone who roots for this team outside of the Bay Area is fucking weak. How can you root for this shit? The Warriors will win the Finals every year barring major injuries and it won't even be close. Spare me the Celtics getting healthy and all. They couldn't even beat this Cavs team up 2-0 with home court. GSW would sweep them as well.

It is pretty sad when your offseason is more intriguing than your playoffs and Finals. These 2 last 2 years of the Finals have been junk. People were debating with me about how pathetic these Finals are and just fast forward to the offseason because this is pointless. I don't even give a shit who wins the Finals outside of the Mavs but give us some intrigue. Warriors vs anyone now days is going to be lopsided as fuck unless a seismic shift happens i.e. Lebron joining Boston/Philly. And even then, GSW will still win.

So yes, fuck KD for tucking his tail and taking the easy way out and creating this shit.. And now he's some fake tough guy on the court which is as believable as Dirk trying to be a tough guy.

• Fuck You 5

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Read that list of nba champions out loud, bottom-to-top. “Kevin Durant ruined the NBA” is extra fucking hilarious when you do that. You end up saying “Warriors” once. Meanwhile the Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls are named a combined 19 times. These three teams won 18 titles in 26 years, including 11 titles in 13 years. and in those other two years years Michael Jordan was playing baseball when the season began. But yeah, KD ruined the competitive balance of the league. Got any more hot takes you buncha know-nothing jabronis?

You are completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with them winning it all. It has everything to do with putting a top 5 player joining a 73 win team that had already went to 2 Finals without him. No team you listed had that happen. That's how he ruined the league. He stripped us from a OKC/GSW rivalry. And before he went there, Houston and SA was much closer to the pact. But he pretty much roadblocked them now from doing anything. Houston this year was fool's gold. They are nowhere near GSW. When GSW needed to win, they flipped a switch and ran them off the court. 

These playoffs was some of the worst I've seen in the NBA. And it will continue. Well until next year when everyone will hype them up and how close the West is record wise from the 3-8 seeds. But it will be more of the same. GSW mowing through the West and then easily beating who the East serves up.

• Fuck You 4

KD also made the league predictable and boring as fuck. Warriors will be in the Finals as many years as this current core is assembled. No other team is coming close in the West in the next 5 years.

But hey, he went to UT one year, accomplished nothing here in between 2 Elite 8 appearances so go KD! Yay for being a bitch and choosing the team who embarrassed you in the WCF. 

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

KD also made the league predictable and boring as fuck. Warriors will be in the Finals as many years as this current core is assembled. No other team is coming close in the West in the next 5 years.

But hey, he went to UT one year, accomplished nothing here in between 2 Elite 8 appearances so go KD! Yay for being a bitch and choosing the team who embarrassed you in the WCF. 

It's a PROFESSIONAL basketball league. It's not any one players responsibility to keep a competitive balance. It's the whole league, players, front office, and ownership.

If the league can't adjust to very average athletes in Curry, Thompson, and Green then the league is both poorly run and lazy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

like what?

Bron needs to play much fewer mins in the regular season next year, cut it down to the low 30s if possible. Raise teh minutes in the playoffs as needed.  This isn't hard dude. 

First off, I must have missed the part where LeBron was breaking down. We JUST started calling him the GOAT like 3 weeks ago and now he’s breaking down? The fuck?

Second, he plays 39 mpg in his career in Cleveland. He’s not dropping 7-9 minutes per game off his average next year. That’s insane. He’s also almost surely going to be on a much better team next year (Houston, Philly, any team of his own choosing) where he already won’t be required to play so much and can naturally get it down to ~36 mpg.

Third, you haven’t been paying attention if you think there’s a coach on the planet who could get LeBron James to cut more than half of an entire quarter off his PT just like that.

Edited by Goo Punch

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Cavs sure could've used Kyrie this series

I wonder what Kyrie is thinking..? If he is fine with the Warriors getting another title at the expense of a Kyrie-less Cavs team, or he is looking at how Hayward/ Tatum & Kyrie can knock off the Warriors if they had been healthy this year...

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

First off, I just have missed the part where LeBron was breaking down. We JUST started calling him the GOAT like 3 weeks ago and now he’s breaking down? The fuck?

Second, he plays 39 mpg in his career in Cleveland. He’s not dropping 7-9 minutes per game off his average next year. That’s insane. Second, he’s almost surely going to be on a much better team next year (Houston, Philly, any team of his own choosing) where he already won’t be required to play so much and can naturally get it down to ~36 mpg.

Third, you haven’t been paying attention if you think there’s a coach on the planet who imcould get LeBron James to cut more than half of an entire quarter off his PT overnight like that.

My thoughts on where Kawhi Leonard/ LeBron James & Paul George sign in this post season:

Kawhi: Philadelphia/ LeBron: Houston/ Paul: Oklahoma City

I hope KD gets his ring and leaves. GSW's fans will always embrace Curry no matter how great KD shows out. I've read GSW message boards, and to them Curry is the best and can't do wrong. If KD has an off night it's trade him, if Curry fucks up like tonight it's: well Curry was the one drawing the double teams for KD.  That fanbase sucks ass, and I guarantee if KD gets finals MVP, most GSW fans would be bitching it wasn't Curry. I remember last year they presented KD with the finals MVP, and then curry got interviewed you can hear the arena chanting "MVP, MVP." Fuck those fans. 

It makes me laugh that people complain about Durrant "ruining the league". Meanwhile, Cleveland has the highest paid roster in the NBA. LeBron tried his hardest to assemble a super team like he did in Miami... He just failed to do it.

Golden State drafted most of their best players. Then they managed their cap space well enough to add a top 3 player in Durant. They haven't over paid shitty players like so many other teams. And they play a beautiful style of basketball where everyone gets touches that is both fun to watch and fun to play.

All that said, if Durant hadn't gone to GS I don't think they win another title. Curry and Draymond have slipped a notch. The league has gotten better and now everyone is shooting 3s. Even with Durant, Houston would have very likely won Game 7 with a healthy Chris Paul.

GTFO with this "destroyed the NBA" crap. It is better now than it has been in 30 years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

The Warriors have had one of the better fan bases in the NBA for a long time. I’m sure they’ve had plenty who joined the bandwagon since Steph arrived, but there isn’t much that their long standing fans can do about that.

You clearly have never been to the Bay Area.....fuck their shitty ass fan base.

9 minutes ago, HookEm said:

It makes me laugh that people complain about Durrant "ruining the league". Meanwhile, Cleveland has the highest paid roster in the NBA. LeBron tried his hardest to assemble a super team like he did in Miami... He just failed to do it.

Golden State drafted most of their best players. Then they managed their cap space well enough to add a top 3 player in Durant. They haven't over paid shitty players like so many other teams. And they play a beautiful style of basketball where everyone gets touches that is both fun to watch and fun to play.

All that said, if Durant hadn't gone to GS I don't think they win another title. Curry and Draymond have slipped a notch. The league has gotten better and now everyone is shooting 3s. Even with Durant, Houston would have very likely won Game 7 with a healthy Chris Paul.

GTFO with this "destroyed the NBA" crap. It is better now than it has been in 30 years.

LMAO at Lebron looking around the NBA and asking management, "Can I have Clarkson, Hill, Hood, and Nance?" Some of you guys thinking that Lebron assembled this squad is hilarious.

Also, Curry hasn't slipped a notch. This is who he always has been in the finals. It's just no Kyrie and Love in 15, lost in 16, and added Durant.

Any fan base that will fill an arena and be loud as shit even when the team stinks is already better than most, and they’ve had that since well before  this recent ascension. But whatever, I don’t give a crap abuout the actual people, I’m just saying that they have supported the team even when they weren’t great. And which franchise has “good fans” anyway? 

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

Any fan base that will fill an arena and be loud as shit even when the team stinks is already better than most, and they’ve had that since well before  this recent ascension. But whatever, I don’t give a crap abuout the actual people, I’m just saying that they have supported the team even when they weren’t great. And which franchise has “good fans” anyway? 

That's like saying because Ohio State always fills their stadium they have great fans. Just not true. There are plenty of places that don't have asshole fan bases, the Bay is not one of them. Also, their fan base used to be the poors of the Bay back when they were shitty and tickets were more affordable. Now it's those same pompous jackasses that feel like they are smarter than the rest of the US. I hate the Bay, Boston, and DC. People who get it understand why.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That's like saying because Ohio State always fills their stadium they have great fans. Just not true. There are plenty of places that don't have asshole fan bases, the Bay is not one of them. Also, their fan base used to be the poors of the Bay back when they were shitty and tickets were more affordable. Now it's those same pompous jackasses that feel like they are smarter than the rest of the US. I hate the Bay, Boston, and DC. People who get it understand why.

“People who get it understand why.” LMAO, okie dokie Mr.Sanctimonious, guess I just don’t get it.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Goo Punch said:

“People who get it understand why.” LMAO, okie dokie Mr.Sanctimonious, guess I just don’t get it.

Those 3 places are full of the most pompous jackasses in our United States. If you have ever done business, lived, or had any extended visits there you would know.

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Also there’s a zero percent chance that the Golden State fans are analogous to those in Columbus. Two totally different breeds of human being. 

worse in the Bay if you ask me. At least Ohioans don't think they are more "enlightened" than you after the game. The Bay Area is the reason Cali is the financial shit show it is, but don't tell them that.

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Those 3 places are full of the most pompous jackasses in our United States. If you have ever done business, lived, or had any extended visits there you would know.

I’ll repeat: Okie Dokie Mr.Sanctimonious. Way to show your superiority as you break the worst kept secret in sports. News flash guy: most pro sports fans are insufferable jackoffs who care way too much about the local team. You don’t have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express to know that trash is trash. At least the trash in the Bay Area has been supportive of its team even when they were down. Name the last 8 seed to match the GS home crowd in 2007. I’ll wait.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

worse in the Bay if you ask me. At least Ohioans don't think they are more "enlightened" than you after the game. The Bay Area is the reason Cali is the financial shit show it is, but don't tell them that.

Right, because looking down on people is worse than assault and (hurled) battery.

What a stupid fucking argument this is.

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

He still ruined any competitive balance in the league and that is his point. Anyone who roots for this team outside of the Bay Area is fucking weak. How can you root for this shit? The Warriors will win the Finals every year barring major injuries and it won't even be close. Spare me the Celtics getting healthy and all. They couldn't even beat this Cavs team up 2-0 with home court. GSW would sweep them as well.

It is pretty sad when your offseason is more intriguing than your playoffs and Finals. These 2 last 2 years of the Finals have been junk. People were debating with me about how pathetic these Finals are and just fast forward to the offseason because this is pointless. I don't even give a shit who wins the Finals outside of the Mavs but give us some intrigue. Warriors vs anyone now days is going to be lopsided as fuck unless a seismic shift happens i.e. Lebron joining Boston/Philly. And even then, GSW will still win.

So yes, fuck KD for tucking his tail and taking the easy way out and creating this shit.. And now he's some fake tough guy on the court which is as believable as Dirk trying to be a tough guy.

This is why I wasn't mad at Bron's Miami move. At the time Boston had assembled that squad and was looking like they would run over the East for the foreseeable future. It was either waste your career playing one on 3(or 4 depending on how you look at it), or go somewhere where you can compete. This is going to have to be the same thing. Someone is going to have to go load up a squad that can compete with these guys. Especially if they are taking paycuts to stay together.

Edited by Thatguy

I was in downtown Oakland at probably 9pm. We were bar hopping after a conference. Some of the group was talking about how rough Oakland was. One of the guys started defending it saying you don't know. Oakland is so much safer now. They cleaned the place up. I shit you not we decide to walk down the street to the next bar, and we hear a guy screaming help. Right in the middle of the street, and I mean RIGHT on the yellow line there is a dude on his back and some other dude is kicking him. The dude takes the dudes phone. Doesn't run, just walks away. Turns out the dude getting robbed was an off duty cop. Guy robbing dude didn't give two fucks. Oakland is the same place where they block freeway traffic to do donuts and burnouts for 10 minutes.  The Bay Area is that or phone lady calling the cops on black people in the park. Things I never have to worry about passing through Ohio.

Edited by Thatguy