This months Trial of the Century Depp v Heard

Moby Ric

I love how often they put out the digs about no one being willing to be there in person for AH.

I know this is the Depp closing, but they are making her looking completely like shit and hammering home how it is always everyone else lying...

And now throwing "Me Too" back in her face and how it is important to find against her to help protect the movement against people's false allegation so people will continue to trust the "Me Too" movement.

• Hook 'Em 1

Depps side is going to spend almost their entire 120 minutes on their claim and how it matches with the jury instructions and damages form...

That is somewhat telling that both they know that her counter claim has no real numeric value and most likely they know they are leaning their way and so this is how  you do it based upon the jury instructions.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Depps side is going to spend almost their entire 120 minutes on their claim and how it matches with the jury instructions and damages form...

That is somewhat telling that both they know that her counter claim has no real numeric value and most likely they know they are leaning their way and so this is how  you do it based upon the jury instructions.

They know the Jury has probably been sleeping the last 3 weeks so they want to make sure they understand which boxes to check. Pretty smart.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry for being absent, I was sent to the hole for a week for dropping truth bombs in another thread but whatever, I was in another hole called LA for most of the week.  JFC that place has gone downhill, and it was already bad.

Just caught up on AH on the stand yesterday.  Holy shit that was brutal.  Camille just had her twisted and trying to cover up her lies and failing miserably.  The photos that were side by side were fucking glorious.  Can't believe AH's lawyers did not match that, or they knew it was BS.  Also the veiled threat to AH's friends who testified about the bruise on her face etc for perjury was great.  

JD has proven his case imo and I am no lawyer, but I have a good undertanding of AH's personality and a trial lie this.  IF JD loses this in the courtroom I think he has cleared his name in the court of public opinion, and will get back to work again.  AH is done.  She will end up being strung out and broke and you will find her either dead of an oversdose, or she will be drunk and stoned with some Russian mob boyfriend.  

Regardless, the damage that AH has done to women that have survived abuse or live with it everyday is un forgivable.  She is a rotten person down to her core.

• Hook 'Em 1

Finally looked up Ms. Vasquez.

Thirteen year lawyer, but not a partner, that's odd.  Odd, too, that an associate has such a prominent role in a high-profile case.

The other oddness is USC magna, but Southwestern law school, which is pretty meadoker for that undergrad.

I'm a bit less whelmed by that cross.  It's effective to show she's a psycho bitch and to rehash her previous potential lies, but it's not terribly smooth.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Finally looked up Ms. Vasquez.

Thirteen year lawyer, but not a partner, that's odd.  Odd, too, that an associate has such a prominent role in a high-profile case.

The other oddness is USC magna, but Southwestern law school, which is pretty meadoker for that undergrad.

I'm a bit less whelmed by that cross.  It's effective to show she's a psycho bitch and to rehash her previous potential lies, but it's not terribly smooth.

She graduated a mediocre law school at a time big law was dumping partners and slashing costs every way they could thanks to the Great Recession.  That was probably the worst time to become a lawyer in the history of the country.  Most big firms revamped their partnership structures rendering it damn near impossible for a young attorney like Camille to get ahead.  Fortunately, on occasion cream rises to the top even in those ridiculously antiquated firms.  Good for her getting such a high profile opportunity. She nailed it.  She'll easily be able to leverage this into a partnership at her current firm or a new one.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

She graduated a mediocre law school at a time big law was dumping partners and slashing costs every way they could thanks to the Great Recession.  That was probably the worst time to become a lawyer in the history of the country.  Most big firms revamped their partnership structures rendering it damn near impossible for a young attorney like Camille to get ahead.  Fortunately, on occasion cream rises to the top even in those ridiculously antiquated firms.  Good for her getting such a high profile opportunity. She nailed it.  She'll easily be able to leverage this into a partnership at her current firm or a new one.

All true but it's not like Southwestern is cheap. Curious that she didn't go to a higher profile law school. 

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Is it just me or is this closing not very compelling.

Yeah, the implication that drugs/drinking = woman beating is pretty weak. Abusers are unapologetic. Sound like Depp was fighting his demons and had regrets afterwards. Abusers have no regrets.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, the implication that drugs/drinking = woman beating is pretty weak. Abusers are unapologetic. Sound like Depp was fighting his demons and had regrets afterwards. Abusers have no regrets.

All the texts read like an alcoholic that is upset that he keeps falling back into him drinking and being a shitty drunk to people.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

All true but it's not like Southwestern is cheap. Curious that she didn't go to a higher profile law school. 

Agreed.  Maybe her LSAT and essays sucked.  In my area, I deal with Southwestern grads somewhat regularly.  She's the most impressive I've come across.

Anyway, back to Amber Heard.  She's crazy, but she's not that hot, which makes the equation very confusing as to why anyone would put up with her.  I've never understood the fascination.  Has always been kind of weird looking, in my opinion.  Not ugly, just not worthy of adoration.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

All the texts read like an alcoholic that is upset that he keeps falling back into him drinking and being a shitty drunk to people.

Bingo. Everyone has knows mean drunks. If this was true about Depp, their would be hundreds of videos/pics of him beating people up. 

3 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Agreed.  Maybe her LSAT and essays sucked.  In my area, I deal with Southwestern grads somewhat regularly.  She's the most impressive I've come across.

Anyway, back to Amber Heard.  She's crazy, but she's not that hot, which makes the equation very confusing as to why anyone would put up with her.  I've never understood the fascination.  Has always been kind of weird looking, in my opinion.  Not ugly, just not worthy of adoration.

sometimes you just meet the right industry guy at the right time. she started working pretty young right?

This was a fucking disaster.

Rottenborn was trying to throw up what he could with the weak case he had (and in comparison to his cocouncil did ok), but I think he went way long…

So then the other attorney got up and tried to cram an hr into 35 minutes and panicked and just imploaded. 

WTF did I just watch..

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

This was a fucking disaster.

Rottenborn was trying to throw up what he could with the weak case he had (and in comparison to his cocouncil did ok), but I think he went way long…

So then the other attorney got up and tried to cram an hr into 35 minutes and panicked and just imploaded. 

WTF did I just watch..

JD's lawyer get 29 minutes to refute, and then AH gets 6.  Camille is going to blow up that Elaine BS about giving to al that money to charity.  Defense simply ignoring the fact that it was proven she wasn't sued for over a year after she received the funds to be donated.

12 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

JD's lawyer get 29 minutes to refute, and then AH gets 6.  Camille is going to blow up that Elaine BS about giving to al that money to charity.  Defense simply ignoring the fact that it was proven she wasn't sued for over a year after she received the funds to be donated.

39… not 29 is what the judge said before break unless there was a change since then.

Edited by Laxtonto

Just now, JBJ said:

Elaine started pretty strong and then...

She started looking at the clock and cracked..

Makes me wonder how many times they actually mocked their closing to practice the timing and wtf happened...

I would also kill to be able to be a fly on the wall during this lunch break for AH's team...

• Hook 'Em 2