EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

17 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Chelsea aren’t opening up at £70m. 

I think LFC will get him if the price is right. Klopp likes him and I’ve read that Pulisic would like to play for Klopp. We also have no depth at the wing position so he’d get a lot of minutes even if he’s not an immediate starter. 

Knowing how cheap Chelsea is, I'm sure they opened at 30-35.  

On 11/4/2018 at 10:18 AM, IPoopOnWhoop said:
The crazy thing about it is even without KDB, the only points that have been dropped came off a handball goal to Wolves, and a missed penalty late against Liverpool.  The schedule hasn’t been too difficult to start, but after next week we will have played 4 of the 5 other big 6 clubs all away from home.  Teams are going to have to win at City for this not to be another dominating title campaign. 

Update?

Edited by maninblack

On 12/8/2018 at 1:28 PM, maninblack said:

Update?

I would have taken getting 7 points at Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs without KDB.  I would have figured the draw and loss would be reversed from what actually happened, but it’s not a big deal.  I still have little doubt that by the end of the year it will be comfortable margin with City winning the 2nd straight title.  Congrats on being in first with 22 games to play though!

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

And congrats on your two year anniversary of being a City supporter

Aww did someone get his feelings hurt because your weak attempt at trolling didn’t get your desired outcome?  Even if I had only been a City supporter for 2 years (which is false)  how pathetic would it be that during that time I would have experience more success than your team has in the past decade?  Tell me when you will be receiving your championship gear for the first 16 games again.

since tbc decided to wander into the Arsenal thread to talk shit about our first loss since August I thought I'd remind him over in this thread about his and his team's place in the world.

Nice effort today.

eeb7eea49a1d873fc42581c127672aa7.jpg

but thanks for continuing to perpetuate the undeniable truth that Tottenham is the Texas A&M of the EPL and that their fans are most certainly soccer aggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since tbc decided to wander into the Arsenal thread to talk shit about our first loss since August I thought I'd remind him over in this thread about his and his team's place in the world.

eeb7eea49a1d873fc42581c127672aa7.jpg

but thanks for continuing to perpetuate the undeniable truth that Tottenham is the Texas A&M of the EPL and that their fans are most certainly soccer aggies.

Just for comparison would that make LFC the Texas of EPL? ....historic blue blood with not much success in recent times but on the way to future glory???

Just for comparison would that make LFC the Texas of EPL? ....historic blue blood with not much success in recent times but on the way to future glory???

Liverpool and Arsenal are petty good UT comps. Liverpool is probably a slightly better comp, but the Arsene Wenger/Mack Brown parallel is strong.

And since we're on the subject and I have it's of time and like to type, here are my thoughts on Emery and Arsenal:

Look, a lot of Arsenal fans are buzzing right now, and with good reason, although I think that the London/English Gooners are getting a bit carried away, as fans of great clubs who've fallen are wont to do. It's natural to want to say "We're back!" after early success like this. Still, I know that finishing top 4 and/or winning a trophy are anything but guaranteed. I acknowledge that we could even lose at home to Spurs in a few days. We still have a ways to go, there's no doubt about that.

Still, going unbeaten from mid-August to mid-December is a helluva fucking start, and Emery has *a ton* of our players (notably Aubameyang, Lacazette, Bellerin, Iwobi, Kolasinac, and Xhaka) looking much improved and much more confident compared to last year. Also, and this is the part that should legitimately make fans of other clubs worry- Emery has taken Ramsey and Ozil's starting spots in favor if players like Torreira, Guendouzi, and Xhaka. That is huge; that is critical to the growth of the team. We all know how I feel about Ozil, but this shit has to be a meritocracy for it to work, and that's what it is now. Emery also has made the most half time subs of any manager in the EPL, which no doubt accounts for the fact that Arsenal have the best record in the league in the second half of games, as well as the highest goal differential. The dude is cut throat. I love it. Also he looks like Santi Cazorla 20 years from now. 

Moving along, we fucking crushed the summer transfer window. It's clear that Emery has a crystal clear vision for the club, and he's been bringing in a bunch "Unai Emery guys". First, the young players, Torreira and Guendouzi- wow. These guys are some players. Guendo is only 19 and he still has some clear flaws (loses possession too much), but his engine is unreal and his confidence and poise are beyond his years. Already a starter for us. Torreira- damn. This dude is Uruguayan Kante- if you don't know you better ask somebody. Best signing at Arsenal since Cazorla. Torreira just won 5 MOTM awards in a span of 6 matches and was named Arsenal's POTM for November. He's like a mix of Santi and either Coquelin or prime Wilshere- strong, diminutive DM with serious skill and perfect poise. Another great signing.

Now, the older guys- Sokratis and Lichtsteiner. Perfect signings. They were brought in to help with the transition. They are both leaders in the dressing room and on the pitch. Licthsteiner helped spark Arsenal's comeback win vs Tottenham by getting in the face of Eric Dier when he was shushing our crowd. That type of attitude and backbone has been missing at Arsenal. Just following the players on social media it's beyond clear that the dressing room is the best it's been in years due in no small part to these two. Our young studs need and want older guys like them to look up to, and this far it's been a pretty amazing summer and fall. Also, for two old dudes they are surprisingly fast- these dudes can fly. I think Somrkatis finished second in our sprint times, behind Bellerin and ahead of Auba. Oh yeah, and Leno is going to be good, and is a prefect fit for Emery's style. Comfortable with the ball at his feet. Prudent signing.

So, with all of that said, while I know that we aren't close to being there yet, there is only reason for positivity for Arsenal fans. Emery is a very good manager who should have Arsenal back to competing at a higher level with another couple of windows under his belt. He has a clear vision, and thus far his signings, tactics, and managerial skills have been 10/10. I never imagined the transition from Wenger going this smoothly. We are headed in the right direction.

Liverpool are for real

City are ridiculous

Chelsea has not fallen off

Tottenham is still annoyingly good and Poch is for real, although if they keep refusing to bring in reinforcements I doubt how long they can keep this up

United are in trouble. Should have kept Moysey 

Derka out 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Liverpool are for real

City are ridiculous

Chelsea has not fallen off

Tottenham is still annoyingly good and Poch is for real, although if they keep refusing to bring in reinforcements I doubt how long they can keep this up

United are in trouble. Should have kept Moysey 

This is why people should stop trying to use British English just because they're talking about soccer. Speak your language, man. You go from teams as a plural noun to singular noun and back to plural again.

Here in 'Murica, teams are a singular noun. If you use a plural nickname (e.g., Longhorns) then treat it as a plural noun.

Huck out

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2