EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Here, this will tide you over: EPL Teams playing with their attendance numbers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6158563/West-Hams-attendances-12-000-LOWER-official-figures.html

TL;DR: some teams are reporting their tickets sold numbers, some report turn style attendance.

turnstile.

It's not the kill shot unfortunately.  He might be dead man walking, but it will be a minute before the firing happens.  The chairman is weak right now, plus, who the fuck do you bring in?  Everything I've heard is that they are finally starting to think about a long term solution rather than a quick replacement/stop gap.  That would make sense right now considering the fanfare around Sir Alex's return to OT on Saturday.  He has always wanted an actual successor instead of the 3/4 year type guys that Mo represents.  It will be interesting how it plays out, but I don't see an actual new manager until next campaign.  There might be an interim some time this year.  

I've said it before and again, but the Alexis signing was shit and that's on Mo.  I don't see him breaking out anytime soon and having a great year.  He's money lost.  I don't have as big of a problem with Lingard's scoring woes due to him not playing in a system that works for his skillset.  Mika is great at times, but lazy.  He's not even in the Arsenal starting XI and Arsenal aren't exactly loaded with talent.  You're right about wages though.  It certainly helped Arsenal's finances.

Edited by Dertyberd

That was such a strange deal.  Dude never got a full shake, but he also looked shellshocked from the beginning.  Huge difference between the second tier clubs like Everton/Tottenham and the Liverpool/Aresnal/United types.  

I have no idea who you bring in next.  I always wanted Guardiola but they fucked that deal up.  I don't follow enough continental football to know who's doing a great job elsewhere. I do know there's some young baddass that almost made the Champions League group stage from Sweden/Norway or some shit.  The next hire is the most important in United's history if they want to continue to be the biggest in England.  Shit is very sketchy right now.  

2 hours ago, Dertyberd said:

That was such a strange deal.  Dude never got a full shake, but he also looked shellshocked from the beginning.  Huge difference between the second tier clubs like Everton/Tottenham and the Liverpool/Aresnal/United types.  

I have no idea who you bring in next.  I always wanted Guardiola but they fucked that deal up.  I don't follow enough continental football to know who's doing a great job elsewhere. I do know there's some young baddass that almost made the Champions League group stage from Sweden/Norway or some shit.  The next hire is the most important in United's history if they want to continue to be the biggest in England.  Shit is very sketchy right now.  

could go young and relatively untested for the next hire. there some wunderkind coaches in germany right now, and mikel arteta has the respect/backing of guys like Wenger, Pep, and Pochettino. Sometimes it's better to go with someone young enough to not grasp/worry/care about all the pressure that comes with the job. And sometimes you need new ideas. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I think United need to get back to their roots. If they write a big enough check they might be able to pry United legend Mark Hughes away from Southampton. 

Hughes would certainly have nostalgia on his side and he commands respect from his playing days, but I've never seen him as the one.  Maybe it's generational, but I'd prefer Keane if we're going with underperforming coaches who are United legends.  Keane would immediately bring a different mentality to the club, but I don't know how many top skilled foreigners would want to come play for him.  I always thought that Solkjaer was going to be the man, but I don't know where he's even managing now.  

I'm all in for a young unknown who can build it back.  I'm willing to wait a couple of years to get it done right.  We have money, but we don't have crazy sheik/russian/asian money that we can turn on and off.  The club has made it's own money because of stability, marketing, and great football.  Marketing is cheap these days, we are in desperate need of the other two. 

Yeah, bad look at training right now.  I'm so fucking sick of those two drama bitches.  I did love Jose's "Second Captain" reference yesterday, fucking brilliant.  

On 9/26/2018 at 8:05 AM, Dertyberd said:

Hughes would certainly have nostalgia on his side and he commands respect from his playing days, but I've never seen him as the one.  Maybe it's generational, but I'd prefer Keane if we're going with underperforming coaches who are United legends. 

I respect that you answered that very obvious pisstake in earnest.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:39 AM, MoJames said:

[Rival Watch | BBC] Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal midfielder set to leave after club withdraws contract offer

Where shall he go?

Link

should have sold his ass forever ago. with all of the fan favorites that we've lost in recent years (rosicky, arteta, poldi, coquelin, wilshere, giroud, santi, chambo, etc), the fact that we've been holding onto this thinks-he's-better-than-is-and-doesn't-even-love-arsenal, underachieving ass fool is ridiculous. i've been over aaron ramsey for years. please leave already.

Edited by Goo Punch

Truth form Neville.  The whole club is fucking lost right now.

It's a sad day when I enjoy watching the play of Pool, Chelsea, and City more than my own side.  I was against sacking Mo early in the season just for stability, but Saturday's performance show's that no one is in charge.  It can only get worse if it continues like this and player start bad mouthing the club to the outside world.  We're already at a disadvantage because we're not London based, but now City has the coach, facilities, and money to compete with players that don't mind shit weather.  

A Giggs, or someone along those lines, caretaker role for the season wouldn't be a bad thing.  I really don't know what you do because it's never been fucked like this since the late 80's.  

On 9/29/2018 at 10:44 AM, Goo Punch said:

this is why flopping around and screaming like you've been shot is the way to go:

http://arsenalist.com/f/2018-19/lacazette-stays-up-penalty-not-given-2018-09-29.html

Absolutely. The problem has to be solved by better officiating. Absurd that a penalty wasn't given there.

I can’t say that I wouldn’t have taken a draw heading into today, but that missed penalty changed everything.  Why the fuck was Mahrez the choice when there were at least 3 better options with Jesus, Silva, and Fernandinho?  

All in all I am pleased with the start, but this team is definitely not the same without KDB.  I hope that he is back after the international break like he is supposed to be.