2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Bullshit. Our offense has been a strength this year. Please name these other pitchers.

Yeah that shit drives me nuts. Oh no!!!!! They just didn’t quite have it for 9 innings!!! Team has no heart!!! 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Bullshit. Our offense has been a strength this year. Please name these other pitchers.

I can only think of 2 off the top of my head. Guy making his first start for SC who shut us down in game 3 in Columbia, and KSU Saturday guy. That shit happens in baseball.

Edited by zlavydra
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

You really showed him. Good one.

Wasn't trying to "show him." I agree that we've hit hard most of the guys you would expect us to, as well as a lot of better pitchers.

Edited by zlavydra
  • Hook 'Em 2

Who's even the best third starter at this juncture?

Is it still Stevens? He has done really well being a shutdown piece out of the bullpen. Morehouse is so hot and cold. Do they go bullpen games and ride hot hands?

Pierce is going to have to hit the portal hard to find quality starters and other arms for next season. Have to think Witt is done here and Hansen leaves.

Edited by MuellerHorn

7 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Who's even the best third starter at this juncture?

Is it still Stevens? He has done really well being a shutdown piece out of the bullpen. Morehouse is so hot and cold. Do they go bullpen games and ride hot hands?

Pierce is going to have to hit the portal hard to find quality starters and other arms for next season. Have to think Witt is done here and Hansen leaves.

Sounds like something to fret about in the offseason. All the big pieces are leaving on the offensive side as well. 

Next year could be a rebuilding project. Hopefully more reloading than rebuilding. But let's worry about that after the final out this year.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sounds like something to fret about in the offseason. All the big pieces are leaving on the offensive side as well. 

Next year could be a rebuilding project. Hopefully more reloading than rebuilding. But let's worry about that after the final put this year.

Oh, for sure. I was just extrapolating a current conundrum (third starter) into a long-term thought. I definitely think next year will be rebuilding, but maybe Pierce will hit the portal hard/efficiently like Schloss did at aggy and Texas will strike oil.

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Stevens is the only chance of a third starter, its clear now. Morehouse doesn’t have the stuff to beat quality D1 hitters. Stevens probably gets rocked, but throw him third and hope he can give you 6+ innings of

I agree with this sentiment. I think it has to be Stevens.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Stevens is the only chance of a third starter, its clear now. Morehouse doesn’t have the stuff to beat quality D1 hitters. Stevens probably gets rocked, but throw him third and hope he can give you 6+ innings of less than 6 run ball.

Last year Stevens was an ace starter. Still don't know what happened.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Just woke up…..guess I made the right call turning off my alarm when it started blasting at 8:58 am

hey just woke up huh? was wondering where you were!!?!! usually not showing up when we shit the bed, amirite?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

It is not just this year.  Seems like an opposing pitcher, with no creds, comes off the bench to shut us down and make us look bad.  I’m probably just pissed on our poor hitting performance today.  I guess we’ve had similar pitchers do this to others as well.  Just aggravating.

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

It is not just this year.  Seems like an opposing pitcher, with no creds, comes off the bench to shut us down and make us look bad.  I’m probably just pissed on our poor hitting performance today.  I guess we’ve had similar pitchers do this to others as well.  Just aggravating.

Ah yeah. We have had some truly shitty line ups in the past that could barely hit 3rd starters well. 

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Speaking of bad pitchers suddenly looking like Warren Spahn, Sandlin has been brilliant for OU against K State today.

3-2 OU bottom of the 7th.

Probably most on here don't even know who Warren Spahn was. Growing up, I was a Braves fan. Loved watching him and Lew Burdette. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, chase25 said:

Buckle up. Don’t get why Pierce refuses to give Southard a start

Short leash? I mean he’s got good stuff, unfortunately he locates it belt high. Maybe this is his Chad Hollingsworth moment. I would welcome that 

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Maybe this was covered this morning - I was not tuned-in to the thread... How in the FUCK did we end up being the visitors three games in a row?  That is some bullshit.

Assuming lower seed is always visitor?

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Oh Christ we’re starting Duplantier!?!? Well. Here we go. Time to be a hero

Well he is certainly fresh.

He pitched the ninth inning against OSU way back on April 30th and didn't give up any hits or runs so that's a thing I guess.

Edited by Valmy77