2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok cool. Care to elaborate. OSU is 14 right now. We are 11. A loss probably flips us

We can both host. We have 15 Q1 wins, over 40 wins and will have a top 20 RPI.

We’ve gotten the necessary help from teams like Oregon making early exits from their tournaments.

You don’t drop from the 11th overall seed (D1baseball projected this morning) to not hosting with 2 losses to a top 20 RPI team in the conference tournament.

Edited by Hookem2147

Just now, ztejas said:

That stupid bloop ground rule may be the difference in this one. Zane almost got out of the 2nd at 2-0 and it turned into 6-0. 

Yeah that was some crazy unlucky bullshit. But it wasn't like we didn't know we were going to need to score a shitload to win today.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

We can both host. We have 15 Q1 wins, over 40 wins and will have a top 20 RPI.

We’ve gotten the necessary help from teams like Oregon making early exits from their tournaments.

You don’t drop from the 11th overall seed (D1baseball projected this morning) to not hosting with 2 losses to a top 20 RPI team

Sure it’s possible we still host. But our RPI will drop after this loss which puts us in the danger zone. I’ve seen us get sent to the number 1 national seed when we were a top 10 team before. I’ve seen us have to travel plenty of times when we were deserving of a super not just a regional. The NCAA hasn’t ever done us any favors.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Sure it’s possible we still host. But our RPI will drop after this loss which puts us in the danger zone. I’ve seen us get sent to the number 1 national seed when we were a top 10 team before. I’ve seen us have to travel plenty of times when we were deserving of a super not just a regional. The NCAA hasn’t ever done us any favors.

I don't know. We had a pretty easy regional last year, and that wasn't the first time. Were we top 10 when we were sent to FSU?  

Just now, zlavydra said:

Nothing unlucky about that weak-ass swing on a 2-1 meatball.

Faltine is painfully streaky. He is either crushing it or he is total weak sauce without even good outs.

Though I guess sometimes he does run up pitch counts. Not today though.