2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

We accomplished what we needed to accomplish this week. Got 2 more quality wins that should allow us to host. I want to win this tournament but I’m just glad we have positioned ourselves well for next week.

I was reminded by Kendall Rogers on twitter yesterday that Mississippi State was run ruled twice in the SEC tournament last year and went on to win it all. They only had 2 real starters and one amazing bullpen arm. Let’s follow that footprint.

2 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What is Allen’s expertise supposed to be … other than Pierce’s butt boy.  It’s not a coincidence that all but two of our pitchers are this pitiful.  

I guess it’s been about 2 days since this argument broke out 

Just now, zlavydra said:

Believe it or not, we're around top-25 in the country in ERA. Not sure where we'd be if you take out Hansen and Gordon, but probably still around average.  Pitching is pretty atrocious all around the country this year.

Seen a lot of speculation lately about the balls being juiced. Home runs are outrageously high. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Believe it or not, we're around top-25 in the country in ERA. Not sure where we'd be if you take out Hansen and Gordon, but probably still around average.  Pitching is pretty atrocious all around the country this year.

I gotta be honest, that actually does make me feel better. If Hansen and Gordon can continue to be those guys and Tristan continues to look good outta the pen maybe that can be enough. 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah but save who? We don't exactly have some ace up our sleeve. I would rather use up their guys. 

Tristan, Luke, Southard, LBJ, Eckhardt, Nixon. 

I mean it isn't a big step up but it's bit better than Blair, Stewart, Duplantier.