2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I wish this dick announcer would stop talking about 7 innings. Shut the fuck up and let the game get played. It’s nothing to come back 8 runs.

I think you're safe but like I said I'd want to strangle this dude if I was a pokes fan. You have yet to be up 10. 

1 minute ago, B00M said:

Resting melendez is interesting. 1st base isn't exactly the most physically taxing position. Id want him to get more at bats but whatever

we don't want him to get hurt trying to beat out a DP ball.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Resting melendez is interesting. 1st base isn't exactly the most physically taxing position. Id want him to get more at bats but whatever

I think it's more of a "you're in your own head and you've been shit at the plate - why don't you sit for a bit".

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don’t understand Pierce giving up on this game so early.  It was 6-0 with two thirds of the game left when he put Blair in.  That’s a give up move. 

Yeah again it's not like we have some secret plan to win the next game. Might as well try to win.

But oh well.

Bullpen is holding for whatever reason at least. Glad Stewart is eating up some innings and doing decently

Think you got six more outs in you Josh?

Just now, dcar00 said:

It was a delayed steal and I think Faltine got caught napping but I'd have to see a replay to be sure.

Gotcha. Honestly had no idea you could be indifferent while losing. Just seems laughably pathetic

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Glad Stewart is eating up some innings and doing decently.  Think you got six more outs in you Josh?

Just need 3 more outs if Texas doesn't score at least 8 runs in next two innings...

Edited by LTtxfan

If we lay an egg this afternoon, it’s going to come down to if the committee values H2H and RPI versus a regular season conference title. TCU will have an RPI close to 40 and we will have an RPI about 20 spots higher and have won 3 of 4 against them. Does that overtake the fact TCU won the regular season crown?

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I wish this dick announcer would stop talking about 7 innings. Shut the fuck up and let the game get played. It’s nothing to come back 8 runs.

Yeah right. Not even our bullpen would give up 8 runs in an inning. We should have tanked in 7th.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If we lay an egg this afternoon, it’s going to come down to if the committee values H2H and RPI versus a regular season conference title. TCU will have an RPI close to 40 and we will have an RPI about 20 spots higher and have won 3 of 4 against them. Does that overtake the fact TCU won the regular season crown?

Every B12 regular season champion has hosted a regional per Craig Way

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Every B12 regular season champion has hosted a regional per Craig Way

That’s not surprising. I would interested in I’m mowing if a team with an RPI around 40 has ever hosted a regional. That is insanely high for a regional host regardless of what conference they are coming out of.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We won’t get to host if we don’t make the finals. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think you start Stevens. Keeps him stretched out in case we need him to start down the road (which we will. I’ve watched this pitching staff)

Yeah Stevens is who we should start if he can go. This is a huge game this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think you start Stevens. Keeps him stretched out in case we need him to start down the road (which we will. I’ve watched this pitching staff)

Been wondering about that. With how good he's been out of the pen though I'm not sure you mess with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1