2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

There is just nothing about Duplantier that looks good. The worst part is Andre knows that too

I will say he got into a couple good counts just can't find that 3rd strike. 

3 good counts now. And there's a strike 3!

Fuck it I'll take 1 run. 

Edited by ztejas

everything going according to plan.  probably wanted to try to get 2 innings out of Duplantier

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Saying Nixon turned his season around seems a tad generous.

well he might not be dumpster fire status anymore so there's that.

I don't care who's pitching it's going to be a patchwork game of guys that haven't been good enough to start weekend games this season. All of y'all pining for Stevens must have forgotten how fucking terrible he was in his last few starts. I commented earlier that he's got some stuff cooking out of the pen - why mess with that? He will get innings today either way. 
Bigger issue - Ivan needs to show the fuck up. Trey finding a couple hits would help as well. 

No disagreement that the offense needs to show up. Any way you slice it, this game we need a big showing. My only thought is that we need a third starter much more than another arm in the pen. If morehouse isn’t that guy, its most likely stevens. Maybe I could see throwing southard or Olivares and hope you get a good showing they can roll into regionals. But Dre, we’ve been through this…its just not going to happen.

Lets also just reflect on the fact that Olivares has 1 ER in twenty(!) innings and we’re throwing Blair and Duplantier out there. Really saving him for that super needed situation huh.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I will say he got into a couple good counts just can't find that 3rd strike. 

3 good counts now. And there's a strike 3!

Fuck it I'll take 1 run. 

He has two pitches with similar timing windows. Fastball that sits 90 and a slider that sits 85-87. That’s not a recipe for success. Hopefully Pierce is just trying to get 2ish innings out of him.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well he might not be dumpster fire status anymore so there's that

Eh, I guess. I recall just last weekend him walking 3 in 2 innings and being all over the place. 

He’s had a few good low leverage outings against Texas southern and those types, but his Big 12 ERA is 6 with 15 walks in 15 innings.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

everything going according to plan.  probably wanted to try to get 2 innings out of Duplantier

well he might not be dumpster fire status anymore so there's that.

Lol I mean I did say "quietly" turned around. He went from averaging a walk every inning to like 1 walk every 2 innings. From dumpster fire status to like a small microwave fire.

Edited by B00M
2147 bringing the b12 stats. Ouch lol