2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Been wondering about that. With how good he's been out of the pen though I'm not sure you mess with it. 

He’s about the only guy I trust to go multiple innings. Southard, Johnson, Olivarez, Harrison have all shown that they are at their best in 1 inning spurts.

It’s a big game and I want a guy with big game experience throwing. I will be able to live with it if he is bad and we lose. I will be livid if we throw out some other guy who quickly gives up 3 runs and then Stevens comes in and we lose 4-2 or some such.

Not sure why B12 tournament doesn't set up bracket where the losers bracket team winners (okie lite and k-state) don't cross over to other side of the brackets so you avoid 3 games against the same team.

Today's games would have been:

Texas vs k-state

blOU vs okie lite

• Hook 'Em 1

And we close out unable to get a guy from 2nd home with no outs. Sucks.

Ok let's do it again. We either get the bats going or we are not getting out of a regional whether we host or no.

Gotta win guys, you got your shitty post-season performance out of the way. No more.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

That’s the other part that stings. OU has an easy path to the finals against a Kansas state team with NO pitching left.

If they win it all they will have an argument to host.

That's why I mentioned crossover of loser bracket winners earlier in thread...

blOU should have faced okie lite today

Texas would have played k-state

31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does tcu deserve to host with 4 games vs Texas and only 1 win?  

Yeah these mother fuckers talking about the sun belt hosting 3 regionals and the ACC getting 5. Fuck all that. B12 deserves 4. Also fuck the rest of the B12.

Edited by B00M

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

Yeah these mother fuckers talking about the sun belt hosting 3 regionals and the ACC getting 5. Fuck all that. B12 deserves 4. Also fuck the rest of the B12.

The sun belt has been really good this year. There’s no doubt in my mind that Texas State and GA Southern deserve to host. I don’t see a third regional host. I assume they are talking Louisiana but that seems like a stretch to me, though they certainly deserve a bid. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The sun belt has been really good this year. There’s no doubt in my mind that Texas State and GA Southern deserve to host. I don’t see a third regional host. I assume they are talking Louisiana but that seems like a stretch to me, though they certainly deserve a bid. 

A regional in Statesboro would be depressing, like everything in and around Statesboro.

• Haha 1