2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Cousin Strawberry said:

All we gonna hear from the dudes calling the game is arm tilt, slot and angle.  Maybe they throw in "big league body" and "has all the tools" too.

And they’ll be right as he mows down okie lites lineup in a compete game shutout!!!! 

I’m gonna need a lot more weed….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He’s about the only guy I trust to go multiple innings. Southard, Johnson, Olivarez, Harrison have all shown that they are at their best in 1 inning spurts.

It’s a big game and I want a guy with big game experience throwing. I will be able to live with it if he is bad and we lose. I will be livid if we throw out some other guy who quickly gives up 3 runs and then Stevens comes in and we lose 4-2 or some such.

Thinking about this post 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I mean it would be typical Texas postseason baseball for Duplantier to go out there and randomly mow them down. I’m not expecting it but we’ve seen it all in postseason play over the years 

Hell we saw it with three pitchers today. Everybody except Morehouse.

We're due.

Who is the guy throwing for them? Hope he sucks.

I don't care who's pitching it's going to be a patchwork game of guys that haven't been good enough to start weekend games this season. All of y'all pining for Stevens must have forgotten how fucking terrible he was in his last few starts. I commented earlier that he's got some stuff cooking out of the pen - why mess with that? He will get innings today either way. 

Bigger issue - Ivan needs to show the fuck up. Trey finding a couple hits would help as well. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

I mean what more can you ask for than 8 HBP and a dozen grand slams in 23 innings? Good thing we don't have to worry about watching electric pitchers trying out a new role like Nixon or Southard

The legend of Duplantier starts now 

Just now, ztejas said:

B12 coaches voted to let the higher seed be the home team in every game. Which is fucking stupid because obviously there's the potential for teams to meet more than once. Blame the B12 coaches I guess. 

This league is full of regards.