2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, ztejas said:

Getting dominated by an 8 ERA fuckhead. 

Really glad Nixon handed them 6 runs. 

Dude is firing hard and making great pitches. Whatever he does that makes him suck he is clearly not doing it today.

But hey...maybe it falls apart next inning.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I mean every run we’ve made we’ve used 5, at most 6 pitchers. Hansen, Gordon, Stevens, Harrison and Morehouse with this lineup and defense behind em can pull it off. Playing our way into hosting has been a good start. 

14D70431-27E2-404B-BB6B-9E0D7D228F8F.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

14D70431-27E2-404B-BB6B-9E0D7D228F8F.jpeg

We get it. We want Texas to win. They probably won't. We know.

No need to belabor the point.

But things could still go right, we can all see the scenario where things go right. It's unlikely but that's why we are watching.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Homeplate Ump sucks...

Hope this is Stevens last inning.  Gotta think about saving him for the regional...  

Some of y'all seem to think the regional starts in 2 days.

Stevens is fine. He's barely thrown at all the past month. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We get it. We want Texas to win. They probably won't. We know.

No need to belabor the point.

But things could still go right, we can all see the scenario where things go right. It's unlikely but that's why we are watching.

We get it, against all that you see in front of you Texas could still pull off the unthinkable and win it all.  No need to belabor…

‘Goes both ways

Ying/Yang 

Edited by Cajun

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I only wish that was true but unfortunately Sthele and Nixon and even Stevens have had those kinds of performances all year. I don't know why, it is certainly not a lack of interest or effort.

It's a mystery. It's cost this team big all year.

Yeah, it goes without saying that those guys want to pitch well. No reason to ever try to be ineffective. Their struggles fall on the coaches. At least Stevens appears to have decent command. Beyond him and Harrison, I'm to the point of favoring Olivares. I doubt I'd pitch Nixon again this season in a game that matters...and from here out, they of course all do. 

Our batters, meanwhile, are making the Sooner scrub look like Tom Seaver. That's pretty sad. Credit to their guys for hitting the occasional stuff our staff has managed to throw over the plate.

Rant over. Let's win out. 

Andy Dufresne ain’t walkin’ outta that bullpen brah.

But Tristan fucking Stevens is 

silver lining. Ivan got that record that seemed to have been fucking with him. And like every weekend he’s had a little slump by his standards, he comes back and goes ape shit the next weekend. I’d welcome that 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We get it, against all that you see in front of you Texas could still pull off the unthinkable and win it all.  No need to belabor…

‘Goes both ways

Ying/Yang 

Do you no how to do anything other than be an overly pessimistic dickhead?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Yeah, it goes without saying that those guys want to pitch well. No reason to ever try to be ineffective. Their struggles fall on the coaches. At least Stevens appears to have decent command. Beyond him and Harrison, I'm to the point of favoring Olivares. I doubt I'd pitch Nixon again this season in a game that matters...and from here out, they of course all do. 

Our batters, meanwhile, are making the Sooner scrub look like Tom Seaver. That's pretty sad. Credit to their guys for hitting the occasional stuff our staff has managed to throw over the plate.

Rant over. Let's win out. 

We do that

We get it, against all that you see in front of you Texas could still pull off the unthinkable and win it all…

‘Goes both ways

Ying/Yang 

We came back on this team from the same deficit in this same building earlier this year. No one here is being delusional. If you want to be cunty about it and talk shit about Tulowitzki then knock yourself out. 

Just now, ztejas said:

We came back on this team from the same deficit in this same building earlier this year. No one here is being delusional. If you want to be cunty about it and talk shit about Tulowitzki then knock yourself out. 

I was kidding about Tulo.

Dude kicks ass.

I just wanted to see who’d rescue ranger him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Cajun said:

I was kidding about Tulo.

Dude kicks ass.

I just wanted to see who’d rescue ranger him.

Dude you have a very odd incompetent way of trolling. Then again most would say trolling and incompetence often go hand and hand

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Dude you have a very odd incompetent way of trolling. Then again most would say trolling and incompetence often go hand and hand

And, yet, here you are with a hook in your mouth. 

Hang on, I’ll get my pliers.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Some of y'all seem to think the regional starts in 2 days.

Stevens is fine. He's barely thrown at all the past month. 

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It's five fucking days. How could he possibly be used up? He is not even a starter.

Not a question of used up... Steven's has just recently transitioned back to the bullpen. Pitch two innings, then come out.

Better to protect him now before the regional.

This team is pretty good in some areas and severely lacking in other areas. It’s pointless to go back and forth on what this team will do in the postseason because of that fact. You’ve gotta go into this postseason with open mind and accept that anything can happen. But right now let’s comeback and beat these meth heads. 

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Now just wait and see who the 4 seed is and if they are bad enough to possibly get away with throwing Stevens for 3-4 to open the regional and having him out of the pen for the rest

Instead of Morehouse? I know yesterday was not chill, but he’s been pretty chill lately. Then Hansen in the winners then Gordon to finish it off 

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What goes both ways? What is this Ying/Yang bullshit?

He has a fear of being let down so he chooses to believe they won’t accomplish anything so that it becomes a win/win situation for him. If the team fails he can run here and say I told you so, if they accomplish something “well they proved me wrong and won”. 

Edited by chase25