2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, ztejas said:

Yesterday we were pretty good at the plate twice. Just got unlucky and weren't timely with it in the first game. We were also good enough to win in the first two games. Today is our only stinker when it comes to approach if we're being honest. 

Whatever. Sure you'd like to win but maybe they need a loss here to lock in next weekend. 

We were good enough thanks to great pitching performances. Obviously I was glad to win but you know...

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

We were good enough thanks to great pitching performances. Obviously I was glad to win but you know...

Well we hung 4 and 5 and won by 4 and 3. It wasn't like the Alabama series earlier this year.

And, you know, we were facing good pitching across from us. 

If you were willing to use Stevens I would have put him in right after stehle.  hope you can get a lead back and then if forced to use Nixon he has some wiggle room.

Nixon doesn't need to pitch against any team with a pulse.

Just now, UTEE97 said:

Very weak showing all around. 

Nah. Every pitcher but Nixon has thrown well. Just a disaster inning and a shitty day at the plate. 

I mean... if you mean from a team standpoint then sure. Although we've been fine on D outside of the wheel play. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Even Hodo had looked lost today. That definitely hasn't helped. 

Is what it is. Let’s get home and hope we get a serious shithook as the 4 seed to save Hansen and Gordon. Then let our lineup go nuts at home, like they have all year 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

As much as id like this right now, losing the big 12 championship to ou in anything fucking sucks

"As much as I'd like to celebrate the far greater and more important accomplishment I'm going to bitch about what is probably a meaningless result"

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Losing a big 12 championship to our rival as the overwhelmingly better program is fucking awful, no matter how you slice it

This isn't a big 12 championship this is a tournament championship. OU can put it on the wall I guess. 

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Losing a big 12 championship to our rival as the overwhelmingly better program is fucking awful, no matter how you slice it

Who. Cares. Most years we pretty much actively lose this tournament. This year we needed to make a statement to host. We did. We’re now hosting. Or would you have preferred to have lost last night and maybe get bumped out of hosting? Fucking Christ can any of you be happy? 

Edited by Fletch

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well we hung 4 and 5 and won by 4 and 3. It wasn't like the Alabama series earlier this year.

And, you know, we were facing good pitching across from us. 

Sure. But if we are going to make a big run we have to be hot. So that is the standard I am talking about and what I am hoping to see. Melendez had three hits all tournament. That isn't going to cut it.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure. But if we are going to make a big run we have to be hot. So that is the standard I am talking about and what I am hoping to see. Melendez had three hits all tournament. That isn't going to cut it.

Heading into the tournament last year we were about as un-hot as you could be at the plate. It’s baseball, it’s brutal, do we have the pieces to make a run? Yes, only thing left to do is sit back and enjoy the ride

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

Who. Cares. Most years we pretty much actively lose this tournament. This year we needed to make a statement to host. We did. We’re now hosting. Or would you have preferred to have lost last night and maybe get bumped out of hosting? Fucking Christ can any of you be happy? 

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I dont like seeing ou beat us in anything. I fucking hate the entire state of oklahoma and their bullshit university. Sorry

• Like 1

Just now, Fletch said:

Hahahahaha yeah I’ll take hosting over this stupid meaningless trophy all day. Have fun, Mr. ou! Definitely travel to wherever ou is dressed like that and behave like that. It’ll go great you perfect perfect sooner 

Eh I wanted the trophy as well.

This sucks.

But hey we are hosting. That is the ultimate goal of the regular season.

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

I dont like seeing ou beat us in anything. I fucking hate the entire state of oklahoma and their bullshit university. Sorry

Same. They can have this little trophy. We get to host. They’re not. The second we made this game it was an exhibition. We started Sthele dude….

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Eh I wanted the trophy as well.

This sucks.

But hey we are hosting. That is the ultimate goal of the regular season.

Yeah it does but the announcement of hosting while they’re not is gonna make their celebration a tad bit awkward. Like most big 12 tournament games, I’ll have completely forgotten about this by Tuesday as I know every detail about our regional and every potential Omaha outcome….