Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

I am not on board with the idea of just playing the academies at everything every year like some of you but I think playing this particular Air Force program annually is a great idea. We certainly had a terrifying, if entertaining, series with them this season and we owe them for putting on a show in our regional.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am not on board with the idea of just playing the academies at everything every year like some of you but I think playing this particular Air Force program annually is a great idea. We certainly had a terrifying, if entertaining, series with them this season and we owe them for putting on a show in our regional.

Army usually has a very good program, better than AFA.  Not sure about Navy?

Edited by Beau Vine

5 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I was watching that also from the stands.

Super cool, knowing that the kids loved it, but you know he did too. Being a Senior, he was soaking it in, knowing that could be (was) his last game before taking on much larger things in life.

Post-game, AF players stayed on the field forever.

Their 2B Tamiya, went out to 2B, sat down next to the bag and others followed and did the same. Taking in the Disch and their last time playing a kids game. I hung around and spoke with Coach Kazlausky, congratulating him on their season and his approach to baseball, but more importantly preparing his young men for their future in the AF and beyond. The dude is the real deal, the brief conversation was great with him turning his wrist to show his bracelet with friends names inscribed, as he asked about the one I was wearing also.

Again, another first time seeing something like that at the Disch (and I've been coming to this ballpark since it was built) this year. We've had the Texas flag unfurled pre-game,  a 30 home run season (hopefully more), an opposing team paying respect to the EYES (multiple x's), and fans (largest "actual" game attendance 8,502) doing the wave from foul pole to foul pole on Saturday night. 

In case you didn't get to witness Coach K & Air Force Baseball this year in person, but would like too.... you'll get your chance next April as they are already scheduled for a midweek contest. 🤘

I can't even imagine the totally different scene it would have been if they had been playing aggy in College Station. Oh wait, I can, a bunch of fake army worshippers talking shit to to kids who will actually be serving when they graduate. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Army usually has a very good program, better than AFA.  Not sure about Navy?

Sure we could play a game with Army.

I am really not interested in putting them on the football schedule though. I like a regular UTEP/UTSA series.

Edited by Valmy77

I got some questions about these so called military academies. First off, that giant fucking AF pitcher/catcher guy, how the fuck is he going to fit in a cockpit? He can’t be in the damn Air Force. And second, how does the Navy have a baseball team? Where do they play? On a boat? That makes no sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I got some questions about these so called military academies. First off, that giant fucking AF pitcher/catcher guy, how the fuck is he going to fit in a cockpit? He can’t be in the damn Air Force. And second, how does the Navy have a baseball team? Where do they play? On a boat? That makes no sense. 

DuqKHw3UcAAM1Ne.jpg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Be cool to play them in Colorado Springs.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

weak. you're better than this.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It looks like it seats about 300. No way we would play there.

You obviously didn't go to the Cal series when we played out there under Augie. 

My high school (when I was in high school/Boerne 42 years ago) had more seating capacity.  It was truly depressing and made you realize how good we really have it.

5 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You obviously didn't go to the Cal series when we played out there under Augie. 

My high school (when I was in high school/Boerne 42 years ago) had more seating capacity.  It was truly depressing and made you realize how good we really have it.

Yeah, but the Greyhounds have never tried to shut down their baseball program.

• Haha 1

Couldn't edit last post fast enough....

When we played in San Diego with the 2002 team against University of San Diego ( very small school) but with a pretty Spanish mission style campus in the hills above the city, only sat maybe 500 or so.

Majeski (sp?) was catching crap from the 3 story dorm just past the right field fence (it had a net that covered the whole building for fly balls. Dude had a bull horn and was talking crap to Dustin the whole weekend about not being able to hit it. I heard a story that the team dared him to hit the building and shut the kid up......Saturday maybe, (but I really think it was Sunday) he hit one that cleared the whole damn building. 😮🤘

47 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Couldn't edit last post fast enough....

When we played in San Diego with the 2002 team against University of San Diego ( very small school) but with a pretty Spanish mission style campus in the hills above the city, only sat maybe 500 or so.

Majeski (sp?) was catching crap from the 3 story dorm just past the right field fence (it had a net that covered the whole building for fly balls. Dude had a bull horn and was talking crap to Dustin the whole weekend about not being able to hit it. I heard a story that the team dared him to hit the building and shut the kid up......Saturday maybe, (but I really think it was Sunday) he hit one that cleared the whole damn building. 😮🤘

My memory was they broke the window on a San Diego trip, and that stadium gave me vertigo coming down the stairs.