Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, chase25 said:

With Southard and Lebarron it’s going to be about consistency going forward, everything else is there for them to be phenomenal college pitchers. 

And as I type this he hits a batter 0-2

Yep. Wouldn’t shock me one bit if both are key parts in the backend of the pen next year.

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

With Southard and Lebarron it’s going to be about consistency going forward, everything else is there for them to be phenomenal college pitchers. 

And as I type this he hits a batter 0-2

I think the question for both those guys is what type of pitcher are they going to be. They both have closer stuff imo but I think there’s some potential there for Southard especially to push more toward a starter role 

10 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Need to bottle this slider. 

His slider is almost always on. He had an outing earlier this year where he threw 0 fast ball strikes but still struck out the side ... He has great stuff and just needs frequent reps to see if he's on or not.

1 minute ago, B00M said:

His slider is almost always on. He had an outing earlier this year where he threw 0 fast ball strikes but still struck out the side ... He has great stuff and just needs frequent reps to see if he's on or not.

That’s why I’ve wanted him to get starts this year. Some guys aren’t necessarily wired to come out of the pen. 

When you relieve you pretty much have to be on from the jump, no time to settle in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1