2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

16 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

So only Stanford fans slam and go hard less than we do. I’m gonna go ahead and have my butter milk and cornbread and go to bed early 

$4.50 Jello shots? What are we, children? Low score wins

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

That was an interesting route to the ball the outfielder took. 

He really misjudged it; I looked up the field on Google maps and he's looking right into the sun.  In the end it didn't matter but he might have had a better timed leap without the sun in his eyes. 

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I knew winning game 1 was big but had no idea 36 of the last 40 champs have won game 1.  Of course, as fletch will tell you, Texas still gonna win this year but that is an eye opening stat.  

This is our home, bitch. Looking forward to kicking y’all’s ass in a couple days. We’re on a mission 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This is our home, bitch. Looking forward to kicking y’all’s ass in a couple days. We’re on a mission 

Listen, you're in the loser's bracket.  You can't spell loser's bracket without loser.  Even my remedial OU education taught me that.  Just try not to shit the bed against aggy.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Listen, you're in the loser's bracket.  You can't spell loser's bracket without loser.  Even my remedial OU education taught me that.  Just try not to shit the bed against aggy.  

And we'll deal with you after we've dispatched the Horns, after ND puts you in the loser's bracket, which you can clearly spell.

I have spoken.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We came back from the losers bracket in 2014 and 2021 and were a cunt hair away from playing for it all. We play best with our backs up against the wall. Maybe the college World Series will be like your bcs days 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fletch said:

We came back from the losers bracket in 2014 and 2021 and were a cunt hair away from playing for it all. We play best with our backs up against the wall. Maybe the college World Series will be like your bcs days 

I hope so, making it it to the final and shitting the bed would be a huge win for this team.  Not much expected but they're hot right now...

Worst case scenario is losing the next couple and OU can live with this season.  8 for 10 counting the pitcher last game are Fr or So... Texas on the other hand coming into the season number one and going 0-2 and eliminated by aggy?  Yeah that would suck dick...but it's aggy so you'll buck up and win, obviously.  I think 10-2 good guys.  Get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I hope so, making it it to the final and shitting the bed would be a huge win for this team.  Not much expected but they're hot right now...

Worst case scenario is losing the next couple and OU can live with this season.  8 for 10 counting the pitcher last game are Fr or So... Texas on the other hand coming into the season number one and going 0-2 and eliminated by aggy?  Yeah that would suck dick...but it's aggy so you'll buck up and win, obviously.  I think 10-2 good guys.  Get it done. 

Yeah honestly I thought skip was done when we made that comeback in the Sunday game earlier in the year. Unreal what y’all have done. But with that being said, go fuck yourself you filthy fucking cOcksUcker

Edited by Fletch
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

I think he's safe because the tag was so high up the arm but who knows.  And I was led to believe on this board that only our guys get picked off in dumb situations.

Did he have the ball before he blocked most of the bag with his foot?

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

All the seeded teams losing makes it more interesting, except we lost too 

When we made that comeback against ou, I was like “well that’s cool but no way we can just score 8 runs a game and always make comebacks….”  Well that’s exactly how we got here. 80% of our roster was in Omaha last year. They know what it takes. Gordon is gonna pitch a gem tomorrow and we’re gonna finish the year on a 6 game win streak

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

When we made that comeback against ou, I was like “well that’s cool but no way we can just score 8 runs a game and always make comebacks….”  Well that’s exactly how we got here. 80% of our roster was in Omaha last year. They know what it takes. Gordon is gonna pitch a gem tomorrow and we’re gonna finish the year on a 6 game win streak

Was Gordon your regular Saturday starter this year?