2022 Volleyball - Stacked as Hell

Js1

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Huh? Dogpiled?

Lulz.  It's a baseball thing.  Texas traditionally does not do the dogpile celebration until we win it all.

Most others do, like advancing from a regional or super.  Considered kind of a rookie move and potentially jinxy.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Lulz.  It's a baseball thing.  Texas traditionally does not do the dogpile celebration until we win it all.

Most others do, like advancing from a regional or super.  Considered kind of a rookie move and potentially jinxy.

Gotcha. I figured it was something like that. I’ll give them a pass because they took down Wisky in its own building. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I seem to recall someone in VB got hurt in a dogpile around 10-12 years ago or so. That’s why the UT championship dogpile was so awkward in 2012.
  • Hook 'Em 1

We're Longhorns and they're Toreros. Our team needs to be ready.

Jokes on mascots aside, San Diego is a plucky and upstart team. 

I think our team's experience should help them win the match. But Texas can't afford to give San Diego points on "unforced errors" because San Diego is the type of team to make their opponent pay dearly.