2022 Volleyball - Stacked as Hell

Js1

Nice. 
I have to say these ladies are so very good and talented. Of all the sports that women play that I’ve also played volleyball is the one that they are doing shit on a different level I can’t fathom. They have to be the best female athletes around, right?  They are pretty incredible. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Hello Shelby Coppedge

Yeah, she's under the radar right now. I have a feeling that's about to change.

She called a match on LHN early this season that had me scrambling, "who in the holy smoking brunettes is this?"

Turns out she played some volleyball at Corpus Christi-CC, did some sports anchor stuff for the local TV station.

To be doing this regional right now means she got the attention of someone. Which she should. She got my attention.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nice. 
I have to say these ladies are so very good and talented. Of all the sports that women play that I’ve also played volleyball is the one that they are doing shit on a different level I can’t fathom. They have to be the best female athletes around, right?  They are pretty incredible. 

One thing is that W VB doesn't suffer by comparison to M VB because of the rarity of M VB here.  And, M VB is just fast, high, and brutal at this level, and W VB is probably more fun to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing is that W VB doesn't suffer by comparison to M VB because of the rarity of M VB here.  And, M VB is just fast, high, and brutal at this level, and W VB is probably more fun to watch.

Of the very little men's volleyball I've watched (mainly Summer Olympics), I feel that the men's game moves a whole hell of a lot faster than the women's game. But I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Of the very little men's volleyball I've watched (mainly Summer Olympics), I feel that the men's game moves a whole hell of a lot faster than the women's game. But I could be wrong. 

No it does, absolutely.  It's actually kind of difficult to watch.

To me, it's a bit like MLB vs. college baseball.  MLB is higher quality, but not near as much fun.  As opposed to MBB vs. WBB, which is almost a different game.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

My favorite part of volleyball is the rallies.

There are no rallies to speak of in men's volleyball. 

People don't like service errors in women's volleyball? They're all over the place in men's, because it's so freakin' hard to score in a service rotation. I just don't find it very much fun to watch. I really enjoy women's volleyball. It's obviously in a huge growth pattern right now at all levels. I have no idea when it plateaus, but I feel like it has a much bigger shot at being truly mainstream than other women's sports. Even basketball. 

It already has the highest ratings on BTN among women's sports, only being surpassed by football and men's basketball. 

The participation levels for girls is skyrocketing. And a lot of that is coming from women's basketball. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Go Pitt methinks.

Wisconsin is bigger and tends to serve better.

But I'm not sure either team gets past Louisville, so I'm not sure it matters.

Wisconsin would give the biggest ratings. I want a national championship more than I want viewers, but the fact is Texas/Nebraska/Wisconsin are the big troika in terms of television ratings. It's not completely unimportant to me. I want volleyball to continue to get more coverage and attention. 

10 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Wisconsin is bigger and tends to serve better.

But I'm not sure either team gets past Louisville, so I'm not sure it matters.

Wisconsin would give the biggest ratings. I want a national championship more than I want viewers, but the fact is Texas/Nebraska/Wisconsin are the big troika in terms of television ratings. It's not completely unimportant to me. I want volleyball to continue to get more coverage and attention. 

Yeah, for me sort of "underdog," and, we would seem to match up better with Pitt if it came to that.

Now that Pitt has lost the lead in the first set, looks like a sweep.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Yes. Much more length and shoot sets.
I played club in college and transitioned to sand/grass after.
Men are also hitting over blocks more because your outside guys are almost friggin 7 feet these days.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

My favorite part of volleyball is the rallies.

There are no rallies to speak of in men's volleyball. 

People don't like service errors in women's volleyball? They're all over the place in men's, because it's so freakin' hard to score in a service rotation. I just don't find it very much fun to watch. I really enjoy women's volleyball. It's obviously in a huge growth pattern right now at all levels. I have no idea when it plateaus, but I feel like it has a much bigger shot at being truly mainstream than other women's sports. Even basketball. 

It already has the highest ratings on BTN among women's sports, only being surpassed by football and men's basketball. 

The participation levels for girls is skyrocketing. And a lot of that is coming from women's basketball. 

If I'm not mistaken, NCAA Men's Volleyball uses international volleyball rules where there can only be one substitution per player. That means both OH's and the Opposite have to play all the way around for the majority of the match. That's why you see more hand 'sets' when receiving serve and you see so many more 'D' shots (opposite hitting off the back row). Also why there's not as much rallies in the men's game since there's not a lot of DS.

Because men teams can bail themselves out with moonball sets, it incentivizes the server to just let it rip.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Yes. Much more length and shoot sets.
I played club in college and transitioned to sand/grass after.
Men are also hitting over blocks more because your outside guys are almost friggin 7 feet these days.

Did you ever play in the time with the old rules? Sideouts, service changes, and points scored only on your service? I think sets back then were to 15, but those were essentially like 25-30 point sets considering all those times your team would have to win service back just to be eligible to score points.

Did you ever play in the time with the old rules? Sideouts, service changes, and points scored only on your service? I think sets back then were to 15, but those were essentially like 25-30 point sets considering all those times your team would have to win service back just to be eligible to score points.

Yes. I finished college in ‘97.
I enjoy the new rules more. Keep it moving.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Yes. I finished college in ‘97.
I enjoy the new rules more. Keep it moving.

Cool. But I have a lot of respect for the old heads who played back in the day under those rules. It feels like playing back then was more grueling from both a physical and mental standpoint.

• Like 1