2018 US Open - Shinnecock

Wally Fairway

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

High stakes golf. Even if you wind up in the middle of the pack you are doing well financially. Reboot. In life come back as a male golfer. Place doesn't matter as long as I make the cut. Cash in. Check. 

You should google the retirement plan. It's outrageous. Depends on cuts made but a lot of the mid level pros are not going to have to worry

Man the crowd loves Fleetwood. 

You can pick out the mullet early as they walk towards you whereas the other guys take more time to identify unless you know their shirt colors. I’ve probably heard him discussed a half dozen times on the course this year as he was coming by, and it was always in admiration.

I know I should have posted this an hour ago as I'm sure it's been said but I was worried the usga would go the opposite way and make this a semi-shootout and with what fleetwood did, it allowed that to happen. Went from extremely tough to just an average hard course. I wanted to see the struggle. Maybe I'm not giving fleetwoods round enough credit but if they struggled yesterday, make it hurt today. Should be called the bi polar us open. 

3 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

You should google the retirement plan. It's outrageous. Depends on cuts made but a lot of the mid level pros are not going to have to worry

PGA has done better than any other professional league in making sure their guys don't end up on the street. 

Even Daly hasn't been able to spend all his dough. That's saying something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

23 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

High stakes golf. Even if you wind up in the middle of the pack you are doing well financially. Reboot. In life come back as a male golfer. Place doesn't matter as long as I make the cut. Cash in. Check. 

Yeah, this on both counts.  The mid tier golfers ranked 40ish in the world can make as much or more in endorsements than course winnings.  That range of golfer can get $8-10M per year in total income and play for over 10 years.  As for the retirement plan, there's that plus the senior's tour, which pays surprisingly well.  I think Fred Couple said he's made more from the seniors tour than he did in all of his years on the PGA.

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fleetwood score still there. Cue up music. This is the worst looking good course I've seen. And I am a casual fan.

That's the USGA. They think dirt golf is cool. Those greens will look perfect in a month then the super gets them back.