Totally legal and totally cool to kill 9-year olds in Houston

Serak The Preparer

14 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Actually had this thought with the Indiana situation.

Shooter in a mall. GGWAG pulls it and starts blasting. In the scene, he ends up hitting the shooter, but also blasts a couple of people behind the shooter.

Or shooter in a mall, GGWAG mistakes a person for the shooter and fires (i.e. the officer in Uvalde who they said had a bead on the shooter before he entered, but it turned out to be a coach). 

Just seems like it could get real messy, real easy.

Of course it can get real messy, real easy. 

Always know what’s behind your target. 
Pulling pistols is a decision.  Firing bullets is a commitment.

I am stunned this guy did not get indicted as he should be.   It’s been said that DAs can get a ham sandwich indicted.   I don’t understand what happened here.   Shooter was non-white (non-whites get the worst of the CJ system per Surly…and in some cases they are right) and young girl left dead and her family broken.

If Ogg’s office did lay down on the case then why did they do it?  Did Ogg’s office put out the effort but the GJ just didn’t get it and then made a mistake or just didn’t care?  (I’ve served on GJs and most on the panel think it is there civic duty to indict everyone coming into the room including the pizza delivery guy and the night-time cleaning crew).

This one is really odd.   The guy should be facing a trial for involuntary manslaughter or something with a prison sentences attached.

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Of course it can get real messy, real easy. 

Always know what’s behind your target. 
Pulling pistols is a decision.  Firing bullets is a commitment.

I am stunned this guy did not get indicted as he should be.   It’s been said that DAs can get a ham sandwich indicted.   I don’t understand what happened here.   Shooter was non-white (non-whites get the worst of the CJ system per Surly…and in some cases they are right) and young girl left dead and her family broken.

If Ogg’s office did lay down on the case then why did they do it?  Did Ogg’s office put out the effort but the GJ just didn’t get it and then made a mistake or just didn’t care?  (I’ve served on GJs and most on the panel think it is there civic duty to indict everyone coming into the room including the pizza delivery guy and the night-time cleaning crew).

This one is really odd.   The guy should be facing a trial for involuntary manslaughter or something with a prison sentences attached.

Ogg's office could present the case to another grand jury. She is choosing not to, which only makes sense if she has something to hide or wants to protect the shooter. 

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ogg's office could present the case to another grand jury. She is choosing not to, which only makes sense if she has something to hide or wants to protect the shooter. 

Why would she hide something or protect this guy?   So odd.  

Seems to me cops do this shit as well. Shot up those ladies delivering newspapers a few years back while they were hunting an ex cop. Didn’t they kill a lady changing clothes last year by just blasting at someone at a store front?

For every person like me that owns a few firearms there are 1000 Yosemite Sam’s that seem to think friendly fire is turned off in their mental video game world. Next time you go to a gun range pay attention to the roof and other areas where bullets are not to be fired and notice all of the bullet holes.

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

For every person like me that owns a few firearms there are 1000 Yosemite Sam’s that seem to think friendly fire is turned off in their mental video game world. Next time you go to a gun range pay attention to the roof and other areas where bullets are not to be fired and notice all of the bullet holes.

I'd rather sit next to you at the 100 yard range and torch off shots with my Barrett .50 cal, knock your teeth out with the blast from the muzzle break and shower you with hot brass. (JK: I don't own a Barrett .50 cal but I've sat next to a guy that had one and that is what happened.  What an A-hole.)

Edited by deadshank

37 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I'd rather sit next to you at the 100 yard range and torch off shots with my Barrett .50 cal, knock your teeth out with the blast from the muzzle break and shower you with hot brass. (JK: I don't own a Barrett .50 cal but I've sat next to a guy that had one and that is what happened.  What an A-hole.)

.50 cal and shooting 100 yards?  HAHA HAHA what a clown.   I felt the shockwave from a .338 nearby and thought that was ridiculous.   I was fortunate that they were only there for about 30 minutes.  

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

.50 cal and shooting 100 yards?  HAHA HAHA what a clown.   I felt the shockwave from a .338 nearby and thought that was ridiculous.   I was fortunate that they were only there for about 30 minutes.  

Last time I went to the Red's in Pflugerville, there was some guy shooting a large caliber tacti-cool bolt action. Synthetic stock, heavy barrel, bipod, tacti-cool rail system, big scope...on a 100 yard indoor range. Every time he shot it felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. I only stayed about 30 minutes. 

• Haha 1

This would’ve had to have happened at night for the shooting to be at all justified. Texas Penal Code has a provision in it that's a carryover from the cattle rustling days. It permits a person to use deadly force to prevent a theft so long as it is occurring at night. Regardless, I still think the provision above about recklessly doing so would apply here and this case should have been indicted and presented to a jury. Ogg obviously disagreed.

BTW, I just settled a somewhat similar case against the homeowner for the homeowners policy limits a few minutes ago. And if I represented the parents of this nine year old, I could do the same for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bob Lives!

On 7/20/2022 at 3:25 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Actually had this thought with the Indiana situation.

Shooter in a mall. GGWAG pulls it and starts blasting. In the scene, he ends up hitting the shooter, but also blasts a couple of people behind the shooter.

Or shooter in a mall, GGWAG mistakes a person for the shooter and fires (i.e. the officer in Uvalde who they said had a bead on the shooter before he entered, but it turned out to be a coach). 

Just seems like it could get real messy, real easy.

Or GGWAG pull out gun and starts chasing down shooter, police arrive and assume GGWAG is the actual criminal and murk him (let's pretend for this thought exercise that the police wouldn't run and hide in the Orange Julius). 

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Or GGWAG pull out gun and starts chasing down shooter, police arrive and assume GGWAG is the actual criminal and murk him (let's pretend for this thought exercise that the police wouldn't run and hide in the Orange Julius). 

Pulling out a firearm in a public place is not something to be taken lightly.  Unintended consequences are looming close by.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/28/john-hurley-hero-police-shooting/

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Yeah, huge concern. I know the guy in Indy was arrested until they reviewed the video evidence. 

On 7/20/2022 at 11:16 AM, crash_davis said:

If you get mugged, as the mugger runs away, just spray a volley of bullets into the general direction, damned be to anyone in the way. You are apparently immune from prosecution. To any innocent shot in the process, you are the real hero sacrificing yourself to uphold our right to shoot with reckless abandon. 

This is what has become of this country. 

On 7/20/2022 at 11:21 AM, chainsaw said:

He does, in my mind. He is responsible for escalating, but he is not responsible for instigating. I would punish both the instigator (we obviously don't want to let instigators off the hook) and anyone who can't resist the urge to make a bad situation worse.

But what if the parent in the Truck driving the 9 year old comes under fire and without any context of the robbery victim's perspective starts returning fire because from his perspective some nut just started shooting at him.

What then?

Inception

On 7/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Last time I went to the Red's in Pflugerville, there was some guy shooting a large caliber tacti-cool bolt action. Synthetic stock, heavy barrel, bipod, tacti-cool rail system, big scope...on a 100 yard indoor range. Every time he shot it felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. I only stayed about 30 minutes. 

I’ve had a similar experience there. Only this asshole started shooting at my target. I guess he could’ve just been that bad. Either way, I said nothing and got the fuck out of there. 

20 hours ago, TexasEd said:

But what if the parent in the Truck driving the 9 year old comes under fire and without any context of the robbery victim's perspective starts returning fire because from his perspective some nut just started shooting at him.

What then?

Inception

And then he misses and peppers some other nearby person who then feels threatened and returns fire. And so on and so on until the whole damn highway is a heavy engagement. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And then he misses and peppers some other nearby person who then feels threatened and returns fire. And so on and so on until the whole damn highway is a heavy engagement. 

City-wide gun fight.