Austin FC

Bottlecap

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You know, as much as this town has changed---we still got some goofy fucking love in us to share.  

This team is pretty much the best thing about the city.

And MLS and Apple decided to paywall it for everyone. 

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

somebody is gonna have to explain the fagundez trade to me like i'm a moron.

why the fuck

Austin Chronicle made the most sense of it…..

”[Borell]’s new to town, hasn’t witnessed with his own eyes what Fagúndez means to the club, and has ideas for Austin FC’s future that require financial flexibility to bring them to fruition.”

This was done without sentimentality and with a view toward a big picture that we [the fans] are completely in the dark on (which is fine), and, unfortunately; is probably coming after this season unless some FAs become available in next month or so.  

Trust the process?

Edited by A-Tex Devil

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Was there a delay?  Everything says 8:30 start time and they are still doing warmups at 8:45. 

Games on Fox or FS1 are notorious for starting 20+ minutes after the listed time. It’s very annoying.

Edited by Horny Bull
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So….we’re not a good side right now.

And we clearly had some guys who overperformed last year (Stuver, Driussi) who are returned to form (shitty, and good enough (but not great)). Now we’ve reverted to the mean. And the mean for us is shit.

We had a phenomenal CB in Gabrielsen last season in a league where most defenders suck. That helped a lot. 

I agree Stuver overperformed. He's a fucking spare and we need to upgrade. 

Saying Driussi overperformed is insulting. He's one of the best 5 players in MLS. 

• Like 1

I agree that we really, really miss Gabrielsen. That’s a key loss.
Sorry, I’m not a Driussi worshipper. He’s good. But he’s not as good as last year made him look. He’ll never compete for the boot again (set Messi aside in this convo).
Stuver was indeed one of the few bright spots season 1, and played well in season 2…till late season. He’s been average this year, and downright bad lately. I like him, but I can’t deny what I’m seeing.