Whitey Go Home!

PRONG HORN

Flags. I do sell blockprints of flags, sell em at street fairs. The Mexican and Puerto Rican ones move pretty fast. Union Jacks, French tricolors pretty strong sellers too. If I were up north I'd probably do more east and south European. US flags #1 seller, By Gawd.

Pics of block prints?

Back to the topic at hand, Mexico City has always been Foreigner Town. There weren't many live Aztecs left when the Spanish leveled the ruins of Tenochtitlan and started building their own bit of Europe. The Spaniards mostly lived in colonial cities while the indigenous people lived in surrounding towns and villages, growing food to feed them. I read that prior to Independence, half the Spaniards in New Spain lived in Mexico City. Plus at least one Irish rebel that they built a statue to.

It was the natural place for Europeans to flock-- all the amenities plus nice climate, no malarial swamp like Veracruz, and I don't think Acapulco, for being the official Pacific port, had much going on pre-WWII(?) I bet if we looked at old letters we'd see them bitching about Frenchmen, Germans, Brits, Confederates, Scots-Irish Western Union bosses, Jews, and those crazy Italian Modotti sisters.

It's unfortunate that a pack of American dorks currently may be dorking it up in English, but their kids will probably be Chilangos.

Tina Modotti, pics or gtfo:

TinaModotti.webp

Edited by RDCanecutter
tina threw a wine glass at my head from beyond the grave
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/30/2022 at 6:27 AM, closetohumping said:

Sure.  Was in downtown Chicago last month.  Son lives in nyc.  

Go to the west side of Chicago. Humboldt Park, Little Village... It's Peurto Rican... Hey you some habichuelas con arroz, you know, Peurto Rican food, But you better hurry, it's gentrifying quickly...

Polish town is near north side, or if you want to really see a Polish town, go down south to Hegewisch... They might not speak you you in English, but I'm sure it's changed since my time

On 7/28/2022 at 7:57 PM, SimonBolivar said:

My wife can't stand "city people" which just means white Mexicans to her because she thinks they are so snooty. No idea why she married my blonde hair blue eyed bolillo self.

Favorite nickname/ slur ever is "bolillo." Was working with an employee in inner city Houston and one of our customers asked why the bolillo was with her that day. Before co-worker could answer,  I replied that she was teaching me Spanish.  The look on the customer's face was pricelessly hilarious.

After that, it was ALWAYS "Bolillo."

"Embrace our differences," is all I have.