Whitey Go Home!

PRONG HORN

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You mean Americans. You're an idiot.

To lazy to read, but not to lazy to comment…

"We’re the only brown people," Fernando Bustos Gorozpe, a 38-year-old writer and university professor, told the Los Angeles Times. "We’re the only people speaking Spanish except the waiters."

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Lmao I mean it's not that far off though. 

Okay but white people have been running Mexico City (and Mexico) for a while...

This is the DFs "mayor". Her middle name is Sheinbaum.

1200px-Claudia_Sheinbaum.thumb.jpg.c3f43e7c4ea99458859af3b4a98e1fd3.jpg

This is Mexico's president. 

1398546907_LENN_MORENO_SE_RENE_CON_EL_LDER_MEXICANO_LPEZ_OBRADOR_(36186836092)_(cropped).thumb.jpg.46a5c31cb70ce817814f7e2d1c629234.jpg

This is that cocksucker Santa Ana.

ee191abd-d7db-405d-8814-07570a5e90afe1a9142583cf89b61c_GettyImages-113491861.thumb.jpg.8fc6d0b3c6fd501d937682962347583d.jpg

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

If they were brown (latino) English speakers I don’t think it would be as much of a problem.  But it’s white English speakers so now they’re mad.  

I'm just giving you shit because a lot of people don't understand the dynamics of that city. The article is about white, English-speaking Americans gentrifying mestizo-majority neighborhoods. They already don't like white people because they've had to put up with a racist class dynamic for years. They especially don't like when those white people don't even speak Spanish (which is fucking embarrassing for anyone to move there and not be at least passable) and are annoying Americans. 

I don't blame them. I'd be annoyed too. But saying "white people are ruining Mexico City!" is a funny statement for a lot of reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm just giving you shit because a lot of people don't understand the dynamics of that city. The article is about white, English-speaking Americans gentrifying mestizo-majority neighborhoods. They already don't like white people because they've had to put up with a racist class dynamic for years. They especially don't like when those white people don't even speak Spanish (which is fucking embarrassing for anyone to move there and not be at least passable) and are annoying Americans. 

I don't blame them. I'd be annoyed too. But saying "white people are ruining Mexico City!" is a funny statement for a lot of reasons. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the root of the problem is the damn white Spaniards from 400 years ago. 

Pic-CastaSystem.jpg?fit=1020,680&ssl=1

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the root of the problem is the damn white Spaniards from 400 years ago. 

They stunk too

That's my favorite part about reading native accounts of first contact in Mexico. Europeans had shit hygiene compared to the natives.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SDG said:

To lazy to read, but not to lazy to comment…

"We’re the only brown people," Fernando Bustos Gorozpe, a 38-year-old writer and university professor, told the Los Angeles Times. "We’re the only people speaking Spanish except the waiters."

Same dude: "Mexico is classist and racist," Bustos added. "People with white skin are given preference. Now, if a local wants to go to a restaurant or a club, they don’t just have to compete with rich, white Mexicans but with foreigners too."

5 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Same dude: "Mexico is classist and racist," Bustos added. "People with white skin are given preference. Now, if a local wants to go to a restaurant or a club, they don’t just have to compete with rich, white Mexicans but with foreigners too."

My wife can't stand "city people" which just means white Mexicans to her because she thinks they are so snooty. No idea why she married my blonde hair blue eyed bolillo self.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

If they were brown (latino) English speakers I don’t think it would be as much of a problem.  But it’s white English speakers so now they’re mad.  

You don’t know anything about the brown/light skin dynamic in Mexico do you?

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

¿La pregunta es que estaban Gabachos o Gringos?

Gabachos is probably the better choice. I've been called gringo many times and it's not really offensive.

Now if I heard gabacho while some dudes in Mexico were pointing at me in a bar...

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:
10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:
I’m biting my tongue on this one. Lol…the irony. 

What's ironic?

Ironic is not the right word. My bad on the word choice but ironic is one of those words that feels correct but is not. So often misused and my apologies for that. Hypocrisy perhaps? But hey, I feel sorta the same about all the Californians moving to Texas. 

————————————

“New to the city? Working remotely?” fliers popping up around Mexico City reportedly said. “You’re a f—ing plague and the locals f—ing hate you. Leave.”

The article outlines how Americans have brought a scent of “new-wave” imperialism as taquerias and corner stores have slowly transformed into coffee shops and Pilates studios.

Lauren Rodwell, who moved to Mexico City from San Francisco’s Mission neighborhood, says she is sensitive to the gentrification issue but doesn’t feel guilty as a black woman. 

“I kind of feel like, as a person of color from America, I’m so economically disadvantaged that wherever I go and experience some advantage or equity, I take it,” Rodwell said, adding that “being black in America” is exhausting and “it’s nice to take a break from it.”
https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/mexico-city-residents-angered-by-influx-of-americans-speaking-english-gentrifying-area-report/amp/