IG Horowitz report on Clinton email due soon

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That about sums it up.  Is lying to the FBI a crime or not?  It's apparently not if you are on Hillary's team. Cheryl Mills lied to the FBI about having no knowledge of Hillary's server. This goes to the heart of what the investigation was about. That statement was contradicted by her emails.  She should have been indicted.  Michael Flynn is indicted for much, much less.

She can still be indicted. Why hasn't she? Everyone in charge at DOJ is a Trump appointee.

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Yes, we are.  For starters our military would be running around in Syria now if Hillary was in office.  No way would we have tax cuts with Hillary in office.  We would still be in the stupid Paris Accord and the Iran nuclear joke of an agreement and Un would still be testing rockets in North Korea.  Then there would be the cover ups we would never hear about because the media would be too busy licking her calves.

Do you simply parrot obviously false talking points because actual thought gives you migraines?

On 6/8/2018 at 12:33 PM, EMAWesome said:

This is absolute baloney.  You had seven years of trendlines from March 2009 under Obama and not one of them produced three percent growth in any time period.

Eh, fuck it.  Explain this chart:

image.png

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, fuck it.  Explain this chart:

image.png

No no no no, he obviously meant annual gdp growth. Trump had amazing annual growth last year of [checks notes] 2.6%! Way better than it ever was under obama, who had us in a 10 year depression!

On 6/8/2018 at 9:46 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

All of these thing were happening when Obama rescued the country from one the worst economic messes in history.

Try again. 

business are reacting different since trump won...my personal take is that it is a buyers market if you are a seller in fortune target market.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Not since the tax cuts. The market is down from January 26.

the question was asked what good has come of the presidency. the run from wall street is one of them. i enjoyed it. all good runs come to an end, i am on the sidelines currently. so did the good run happen or not?

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That about sums it up.  Is lying to the FBI a crime or not?  It's apparently not if you are on Hillary's team. Cheryl Mills lied to the FBI about having no knowledge of Hillary's server. This goes to the heart of what the investigation was about. That statement was contradicted by her emails.  She should have been indicted.  Michael Flynn is indicted for much, much less.

Man, it's frankly impressive how you could possibly misunderstand my post that severely.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

No no no no, he obviously meant annual gdp growth. Trump had amazing annual growth last year of [checks notes] 2.6%! Way better than it ever was under obama, who had us in a 10 year depression!

Quit being a shill.  Projections were 2.3%.  Short of the long-term goal of 3%, but still higher.  He did something Obama never could (deliver on forecasts)

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not since the tax cuts. The market is down from January 26.

Well, you solved it.  implement tax cuts.  Market drops.  Implement tax hikes.  It will go up.  Congratulations, you are now going to be murdered by an army of angry fund managers who's shell game your burst wide open.  

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

the question was asked what good has come of the presidency. the run from wall street is one of them. i enjoyed it. all good runs come to an end, i am on the sidelines currently. so did the good run happen or not?

What run?  Trump's "market" is doing not one damned thing it wasn't doing before he was elected.  This "run" you speak of is essentially status quo since the market bottomed in March 2009:

image.png

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

What run?  Trump's "market" is doing not one damned thing it wasn't doing before he was elected.  This "run" you speak of is essentially status quo since the market bottomed in March 2009:

image.png

I am definitely never gonna fool anybody as a technical analyst.  But if I look at that chart I see strong growth from 2012-2015, basically sideways 2015-2016, and then a return to strong growth starting at election day, with return to sideways action Feb 2018.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Quit being a shill.  Projections were 2.3%.  Short of the long-term goal of 3%, but still higher.  He did something Obama never could (deliver on forecasts)

Jesus you are certainly moving your goalposts now. Just yesterday you were touting that Trump had exceeded 3%. Now you're celebrating that he exceeded 2.3%? Obama exceed that three times and just missed it one year (at 2.2%), and he didn't have the benefit of inheriting an economy that hadn't fallen off a cliff months before taking office.

The economy since Trump took office has hummed along at nearly the exact same clip as it was when Obama left office, except for the small wage growth under Obama that was killed by the tax cuts. Growth was never great under Obama, because he inherited a real piece of shit economy, didn't push for a larger stimulus bill, and had constant Republican sabotage to deal with. I think he did alright given what he was working with, but find it pretty rich that you Trump bootlickers are suddenly wildly celebrating substantially the same economic statistics we saw under Obama as some great achievement (when you're not blatantly lying about the current stats).

You would think you would look at the fact that basically nothing has changed statistically, and conclude that maybe all of that talk about the massive impact tax reform and deregulation would have on economic growth was bullshit, but that would require a degree of honesty that Trump supporters are incapable of exhibiting.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

There isn’t enough factual evidence to warrant a special council for Hillary. According to Jeff sessions.

Thank you for this. Been looking for the video of him being pressed by R's only to shout them down that there was no evidence to warrant a special council. 

For starters our military would be running around in Syria now if Hillary was in office.

News flash, we have 2,000 troops in Syria...on a "per area" basis that's the same troop level we have in Iraq (5,000)

No way would we have tax cuts with Hillary in office.

How were the tax cuts a good thing?  I know the term "tax cut" sounds great, but the average American is expected to see a $1,600 reduction in taxes; which is misleading since 65% of the gains go to the Top 20% of earners.

On the corporate side, things are even worse.  As predicted, most companies are using the tax break to reward shareholders, with stock buybacks and dividend.  Which on the surface might sound great until you realize that 80% of those benefits go to foreigners...not Americans...and we only have to add $2.2 trillion to the National Debt...what a bargain!

We would still be in the stupid Paris Accord 

Dude, we are literally the ONLY country not in the Paris Accord...fucking Syria joined for God's sake.  But I guess you're right, it's a stupid deal.  Thank God we have a visionary leader like Trump to keep us from being bat shit crazy, like every other nation on Earth, for believing in climate change.  

We would still be in the stupid...Iran nuclear joke of an agreement

Yes, a verifiable agreement that puts UN inspectors on the ground is such a bad idea.  We should have just had a summit where Trump could pitch his vision of beach front property in Iran.  They would have dropped their nuclear ambitions in a heartbeat, just like Trump says NK did.

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Un would still be testing rockets in North Korea.

You know they've completed "testing" because they have working missiles, right?  Oh, and they're nuke facility was accidentally destroyed.  But yeah, they totally stopped because of mean Tweets from Trump.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

image.png

explain oct 15 oct 17. we have different opinions on what status quo. that looks like a run of avg sorts to me. since election the run has been different. if you had money in the market you are now better off and yielded on avg better results than obamas oct 2015- oct 2017, but thats none of my business. i dont hate people who make me money. trump is an assclown, but that sorry m'effer made me some jack...obama didnt make me that much and I was more aggressive during his term. so there is that.

Edited by riloh05

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am definitely never gonna fool anybody as a technical analyst.  But if I look at that chart I see strong growth from 2012-2015, basically sideways 2015-2016, and then a return to strong growth starting at election day, with return to sideways action Feb 2018.

Dude.  If I asked you to plot the slope of that chart from beginning to end, would you be able to do it?

Let's not forget that 2015 was humming along nicely until the shit hit the fan in China and Greece.  Brexit wasn't helpful a year later.  Sometimes the market reacts to extra-national events.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

News flash, we have 2,000 troops in Syria...on a "per area" basis that's the same troop level we have in Iraq (5,000)

How were the tax cuts a good thing?  I know the term "tax cut" sounds great, but the average American is expected to see a $1,600 reduction in taxes; which is misleading since 65% of the gains go to the Top 20% of earners.

On the corporate side, things are even worse.  As predicted, most companies are using the tax break to reward shareholders, with stock buybacks and dividend.  Which on the surface might sound great until you realize that 80% of those benefits go to foreigners...not Americans...and we only have to add $2.2 trillion to the National Debt...what a bargain!

Dude, we are literally the ONLY country not in the Paris Accord...fucking Syria joined for God's sake.  But I guess you're right, it's a stupid deal.  Thank God we have a visionary leader like Trump to keep us from being bat shit crazy, like every other nation on Earth, for believing in climate change.  

Yes, a verifiable agreement that puts UN inspectors on the ground is such a bad idea.  We should have just had a summit where Trump could pitch his vision of beach front property in Iran.  They would have dropped their nuclear ambitions in a heartbeat, just like Trump says NK did.

You know they've completed "testing" because they have working missiles, right?  Oh, and they're nuke facility was accidentally destroyed.  But yeah, they totally stopped because of mean Tweets from Trump.

It wasn't the mean Tweets, it was Pence's Glare of Steel at the DMZ. 

Oh he mad. 

170417090122-05-mike-pence-dmz-full-169.

2 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

explain oct 15 oct 17. we have different opinions on what status quo. that looks like a run of sorts to me. since election the run has been different. if you had money in the market you are now better off and yielded on avg better results than obamas oct 2015- oct 2017, but thats none of my business. i dont hate people who make me money. trump is an assclown, but that sorry m'effer made me some jack...obama didnt make me that much and I was more aggressive during his term. so there is that.

I hope you didn't go to UT.  That's just head-in-the-sand ostrich level unawareness.  Look at the fucking chart.  If Obama didn't make you much then you weren't in the market.

(Never mind that we're ascribing too much credit/blame to POTUS, but whatever.  I'm playing the game as presented.)

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dude.  If I asked you to plot the slope of that chart from beginning to end, would you be able to do it?

Let's not forget that 2015 was humming along nicely until the shit hit the fan in China and Greece.  Brexit wasn't helpful a year later.  Sometimes the market reacts to extra-national events.

But you are not asking for the slope "beginning" to end. You set a selective origination point.  I am just setting a couple more.  If I were to attempt to break the chart down into an interrupted time series, it would be something like this:

2003-2008 period 1

2008-1Q2009 - crash

1Q2009-2012 - recovery

2012-3Q2016 - period 4

3Q2016-present - period 5

Now calculate the slopes for each of those periods and compare.  I am fairly confident that you would find a statistically significant steeper slope for period 3 and 5 vs 4. 

djichart.jpg 

Edited by Anastasis

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I hope you didn't go to UT.  That's just head-in-the-sand ostrich level unawareness.  Look at the fucking chart.  If Obama didn't make you much then you weren't in the market.

(Never mind that we're ascribing too much credit/blame to POTUS, but whatever.  I'm playing the game as presented.)

i didnt go to Texas. however, the business school i went to is decently rated from time to time. riddle me this...i stated that WS had a good run under trump, yes or no? which is a very head-out-the-sand ostrich level awareness. he didnt make me as much has trump has already and i also followed solyndra and other obama backed companies.

now i see why not everyone is selected to attend the business school i went to. good on you for showing your ass.

Edited by riloh05

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Jesus you are certainly moving your goalposts now. Just yesterday you were touting that Trump had exceeded 3%. Now you're celebrating that he exceeded 2.3%? Obama exceed that three times and just missed it one year (at 2.2%), and he didn't have the benefit of inheriting an economy that hadn't fallen off a cliff months before taking office.

The economy since Trump took office has hummed along at nearly the exact same clip as it was when Obama left office, except for the small wage growth under Obama that was killed by the tax cuts. Growth was never great under Obama, because he inherited a real piece of shit economy, didn't push for a larger stimulus bill, and had constant Republican sabotage to deal with. I think he did alright given what he was working with, but find it pretty rich that you Trump bootlickers are suddenly wildly celebrating substantially the same economic statistics we saw under Obama as some great achievement (when you're not blatantly lying about the current stats).

You would think you would look at the fact that basically nothing has changed statistically, and conclude that maybe all of that talk about the massive impact tax reform and deregulation would have on economic growth was bullshit, but that would require a degree of honesty that Trump supporters are incapable of exhibiting.

I’m not moving shit.  He exceeded forecasts.  Something Obama never did.  And growth was never good because he took a giant shit all over the economy by layering on the ACA and Dodd Frank and a host of other legislative BS.  Resulting in the most anemic recovery since the great depression.  It rebounded in spite of him, not because of.  Then tried to justify it as the “new norm”

The mind boggles.  To credit Trump with any stronger effect on the market than Obama is just plain silly.  Note that I'm not saying Trump's market is doing worse -- I'm saying it's doing about the same, which is to say "growing nicely".

I'm out.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

The mind boggles.  To credit Trump with any stronger effect on the market than Obama is just plain silly.  Note that I'm not saying Trump's market is doing worse -- I'm saying it's doing about the same, which is to say "growing nicely".

I'm out.

if your going to credit obama...

1 minute ago, riloh05 said:

if your going to credit obama...

Ugh.  I guess I'm not out.  The whole point is that Trumpkins are trying to credit Trump with IMPROVING things and using the stock market as part of the argument.  That's.  Just.  Stupid.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ugh.  I guess I'm not out.  The whole point is that Trumpkins are trying to credit Trump with IMPROVING things and using the stock market as part of the argument.  That's.  Just.  Stupid.

welp... not a trumpkin, far from it. i think he is a pos, but thats my choice.

the stock market seems to be used as a talking point when going well for your team. when improving for the other team its other factors that are driving the success of the market(which is true). when its going bad for your team you can place blame elsewhere (which is accurate). but since this was used/asked as a talking point, i pointed it out. some who side with different teams like yourself dont like this being thrown back in your face...now the goal post moves.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

This report hasn't even come out yet and this thread already has me like this.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Bloomberg has read the conclusions....

“While we did not find that these decisions were the result of political bias on Comey’s part, we nevertheless concluded that by departing so clearly and dramatically from FBI and department norms, the decisions negatively impacted the perception of the FBI and the department as fair administrators of justice,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said in the report’s conclusions, which were obtained Thursday by Bloomberg News.

Let's break this down:

If POTUS drives the market, Trump & Obama have had roughly the same effect.

If POTUS doesn't drive the market, then the point is moot.

In either case, the stock market CANNOT BE USED as evidence why Trump is a superior POTUS to Obama.  But that doesn't stop the Trumpkins.  Note that I am not saying "Obama gets credit, Trump doesn't".  I'm saying if we give Trump credit we have to give Obama credit.  That's pretty fucking objective.  No?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comey is still my homie, even though he fucked up.

Politically, this isn't good. It gives Trump and his supporters fodder against the investigation. 

I imagine whatever findings come out of the report will be met with BUT COMEY ISN'T HONEST. LOOK AT THE IG REPORT! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let's break this down:

In either case, the stock market CANNOT BE USED as evidence why Trump is a superior POTUS to Obama.  But that doesn't stop the Trumpkins.  Note that I am not saying "Obama gets credit, Trump doesn't".  I'm saying if we give Trump credit we have to give Obama credit.  That's pretty fucking objective.  No?

While I don't have any interest in getting into this now, this applies only with respect to maintaining the recovery.  Obama, though not alone, played a significant role in ending the collapse and starting the recovery.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let's break this down:

my counter arguement is that from oct 15 - oct 17 under obama it was pretty stagnent... yes or no? the growth under trump had a very good run... yes or no? i didnt create the stock market talking point. but since its out there the run under trump in one year is better than obamas last year... yes or no?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

She can still be indicted. Why hasn't she? Everyone in charge at DOJ is a Trump appointee.

All the key witnesses have already been given immunity by the DOJ from the previous administration and most of the evidence has already been destroyed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

While I don't have any interest in getting into this now, this applies only with respect to maintaining the recovery.  Obama, though not alone, played a significant role in ending the collapse and starting the recovery.

I'm sorry, writing a check that created the greatest deficit ratio in the nations history is not an example of starting the recovery. Initiating ACA was not an example of starting the recovery, so please list those things that started the recovery.

Just now, EMAWesome said:

All the key witnesses have already been given immunity by the DOJ from the previous administration and most of the evidence has already been destroyed.

You do realize that immunity makes it easier to get their testimony, not the opposite?  And "destroyed evidence" is another way of saying that you just don't have the evidence to support charges.