Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

Well, after holding Michigan to another FG in the 4th to make it 22-7 (that was a typo above about MSU scoring 17). MSU did nothing, had a second consecutive high snap on the punt attempt, this time the punter couldn’t corral it and get the punt off, and was tackled. Two plays later Michigan ran it in for the score. 29-7 Skunkbears. I’ve grown weary and am going to see what else is on. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Heels just took lead on Pitt 28-24 on ACCN early 4q.

Pitt is running out of defensive linemen. And the offensive line is down two starters.  Led, 24-14, after opening the 3rd qtr with a TD and then it all went to shit.  A ton of injuries this year. And, UNC is pretty good

Edited by PittsburghTiger

11 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That’s not a good look for Sparty. Mel Tucker is stealing $$$ 

A bit of context for that scuffle?

I can’t believe they have him all that money for accomplishing nothing. Kenneth Walker was the whole team.

Not sure what the scuffle was about. I do know Michigan stadium has just one tunnel so both teams have to enter/exit the field through it. One player coming or going at the wrong time will find themselves in a sea of opposing players.

24 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Am I the only one watching ucla v Stanford.

No. I just got back to the hotel after the UNC v Pitt game. Turned it on and your running back ran for a TD to just about close out the third quarter. I listened to your game on the radio driving back to Duke from UNC and your radio crew was destroying the English language. I had forgotten about your RB that left Michigan. He’s having an awesome season.

12 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

No. I just got back to the hotel after the UNC v Pitt game. Turned it on and your running back ran for a TD to just about close out the third quarter. I listened to your game on the radio driving back to Duke from UNC and your radio crew was destroying the English language. I had forgotten about your RB that left Michigan. He’s having an awesome season.

What’s your take on Slovis?  Trojan QBs are everywhere 

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

What’s your take on Slovis?  Trojan QBs are everywhere 

He is very slow to process. Although tonight he started out really well, and then everything went badly. After we scored to go up, 24-14, on our first drive of the third quarter Slovis didn’t have a completion until our final possession. In his defense I hate the new OC and the OL has been banged up a ton. Plus, or two-headed running attack has been one-headed due to Hammond’s injuries.  It’s not been a great season for the Pitt offense, especially after Kenny’s play last season, only Izzy at RB has been awesome.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

None. Clipped it from another site w/o any adds.

Weird thing is that there's 25 Sparty guys and one Michigan player. A 2nd one is nowhere to be found.

Yeah, I wonder how a single player managed to get isolated away from his team like that. That’s not a good look for Sparty at all and apparently police are investigating. Let justice run its course.

I remember one year, maybe 2015 or 2017, when the Buckeyes were leaving the tunnel and a Michigan player was returning to the locker room and he shoulder checked a Buckeye. That led to some jawing back and forth. It’s not by accident that Michigan makes opposing teams share the same tunnel to/from the locker rooms and they have a long history of instigating confrontations in there. They just had a dust up with Penn State in their previous game. They’ve had some confrontations with Ohio State.

Like this from 2013:

That game also featured this bit of skullduggery by the Wolverines where, after being tackled on a kickoff, Dontre Wilson was surrounded by 6, 7, 8 defenders who tried to keep him on the ground. A fight ensued and two Buckeye starters were ejected along with one Michigan backup. Don’t even try to tell me that wasn’t by design.

And this from last year: