2022-2023 Dallas Mavericks season thread: Luka's first MVP

RexWilson

need more blow outs and less 2 pt games.  I think Kidd is obviously still tinkering with the last 7 minutes of the game line up.

we get 2 of those defensive rebounds vs the Nets and it's a 10 pt win.  love the D down the stretch but just have to finish with the rebound.  Luka made a great D play to come of his man to heavily contest when i think it was Kyrie spinning into the lane, but that obviously leaves his guy free to go after the board.

- the OT was a thing of beauty.  Luka hitting shots then setting up his teammates to knock down wide open 3s. 

And as others have said, i don't need Luka throwing 2-hand chest passes through a tire in his backyard for hours on end, but seeing some lazy-ass 1-handed passes to start the season.

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

How much did it pay?

Good w tonight. Took a little to get going. Noticed again no wood to close out the game. Maxi, dodo, Reggie, 77, Timmy at the end. Lotsa Dwight again tonight. Josh Green had another great game.

Not much.  They haven’t had kids man the brooms underneath the baskets in a long time.  I actually had to quit after half a season because it just didn’t work with my junior high basketball schedule.

4 hours ago, BallamaticBevo said:

With Nash out do we think there's a realistic shot he joins our bench with his ties to the franchise? Anyone know his specific relationship with Kidd? I know with Fin, Dirty and Tony Cubes the connection is fire. I think we need a little more experience down the bench from Kidd. 

I'm all for it.

if you don't have league pass you're doing it wrong. It's now so freakin cheap. NFL Sunday Ticket should take notes. I went from watching only Mavs national games to everyone freakin one when Luka was drafted. 
It isn't like MLB where even with their premium subscription, you are still blacked out of your local team if you are in that area?

26 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Good win tonight. 

Yes.  We shit the bed early, recovered, shit the bed again, and recovered again.  Nice to see Wood look like a determined mf’er.  Utah doesn’t have any frontline talent, but they are deep af with guys who can play basketball.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, MeerkatBong said:

I have league pass and couldn't watch the freaking Mavs vs Magic game the other night.

are you on a roku device by chance?  i had issues loading the game last night, spent way too long on chat with the NBA app troubleshooting team.  after an hour and a half they finally admitted an update they recently rolled out to Roku had been causing a lot of people issues.  what worked for me was going to Roku's home page and clearing the cache.  to do that, you go to Roku's home page and rapidly click the home button 5x, up arrow once, rewind 2x, and fast forward 2x.  you'll know the sequence registered b/c the Roku will reboot itself.  after that i was able to load the stream.

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Yea would be nice for him to get going. He’s not been very good since Kidd has been here though. He also doesn’t handle the ball very well. Still so bizarre they didn’t go after Dragic. Seemed like a no brainer. 

we did go after dragic but as a bench guy.  he wanted more than 12 mins a game.

9 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Yea Utah is Utah again. 

I’m slightly concerned where we are going to get scoring from after Luka, Wood, and Dinwiddie. We really need another guy who can get us 12-15 per night and can also dribble. 

we have a whole bunch of guys who on any night can get us points.  maxi, dodo, reggie, dwight, timmy.  i'm worried about our interior defensive.  again.  javale hasn't been panning out.

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

are you on a roku device by chance?  i had issues loading the game last night, spent way too long on chat with the NBA app troubleshooting team.  after an hour and a half they finally admitted an update they recently rolled out to Roku had been causing a lot of people issues.  what worked for me was going to Roku's home page and clearing the cache.  to do that, you go to Roku's home page and rapidly click the home button 5x, up arrow once, rewind 2x, and fast forward 2x.  you'll know the sequence registered b/c the Roku will reboot itself.  after that i was able to load the stream.

we have a whole bunch of guys who on any night can get us points.  maxi, dodo, reggie, dwight, timmy.  i'm worried about our interior defensive.  again.  javale hasn't been panning out.

I'm SHOCKED that Javale McGee hasn't worked out. Who could have possibly saw that coming?

47 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

He's a 34 year old journeyman who can't play more than 15 minutes per night. Wasted the MLE on him. 

we're 7 games in, it's early.  his skills and ability aren't the problem, it's how he fits into our system.  we're trying to run 3 point shooters off the line so everyone's moving but he's not moving fast enough.  on offense he's looking for his position inside the paint so he's limiting luka's effectiveness. we wanted him for interior defense and rebounding, which he does bring.  they just have to figure out how to play together.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

yes roku device. thanks!

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

we're 7 games in, it's early.  his skills and ability aren't the problem, it's how he fits into our system.  we're trying to run 3 point shooters off the line so everyone's moving but he's not moving fast enough.  on offense he's looking for his position inside the paint so he's limiting luka's effectiveness. we wanted him for interior defense and rebounding, which he does bring.  they just have to figure out how to play together.

Totally get it. Color me skeptical it's going to work. 

6 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Totally get it. Color me skeptical it's going to work. 

i hope it works.  in the meantime powell's getting quality minutes and he's doing well with them.  come feb it'll be interesting to see if his value's high enough to where he and timmy become valuable trade pieces.  maybe pkg them with bertans to get out from under that contract.