USMNT 2023

ztejas

LEEDS vs BOURNEMOUTH

DEMOGRAPHICS:

IMG_6380.thumb.jpeg.dae9972535cc6561b227e4ebd09ac57a.jpeg

vs

BOURNEMOUTH

Much of the population, 83.8%, describe their ethnicity as 'White British' while other white groups account for a further 8.1%. Asian groups; Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Chinese and other Asian, make up 3.9%. Black British, Black African, Black Caribbean and other Black groups form 1.0% of the population, Those who are Mixed race make up 2.3% of the population, and 0.9% are from other ethnic groups.[93]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bournemouth

So Bournemouth is basically 92% White, 1% Black of various backgrounds, and 2.3% Mixed Race.

That’s slightly different than the Tri-State area (where Tyler is from) and Leeds. My guess is that it is more inline with Leipzig, where he played for Red Bull, but with much less of a former Eastern Bloc fascist vibe than Leipzig.

Edited by Napoleon

4 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Can always count on a geography lesson from @Napoleon

I didn’t go traipsing all over Europe to forget it all while in exile on the island of Saint Helena!

IMG_6381.thumb.png.8a03cefca6bfbabb2e8a3c841f588c1d.png

IMG_6382.thumb.jpeg.739398d8ff5e01f89fc58d0f07cb9513.jpeg

FULL DISCLOSURE: I had to look that up.

But I grew up with a journalist father who would frequently point to various spots on the world map in our breakfast room as he explained various events from WWII, or that were on the CBS News (every hour on the hour on KRLD).

I’ve been to over 40 US States, nearly 30 countries, met people from around the world staying in hostels abroad (and in the U.S.) as well as expats & travelers while living abroad for 7 1/2 years, where I gave private tours to people from at least 20 different countries, which was very much like being a History/Civics professor.

And I try to imagine what other people see and think who have different life experiences from mine. 🤷‍♂️

(My childhood buddies aren’t interested or impressed either.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Hey guys there are a lot of threads to talk shit about Chelsea.

I'm going to be honest I wondered why the fuck we didn't sign TA today while watching. He's going to be so good for Bournemouth. 

I also thought that Pulisic would have been nice to keep. But I'm assuming CP wanted out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hey guys there are a lot of threads to talk shit about Chelsea.

I'm going to be honest I wondered why the fuck we didn't sign TA today while watching. He's going to be so good for Bournemouth. 

I also thought that Pulisic would have been nice to keep. But I'm assuming CP wanted out. 

There are never enough threads to talk shit about Chelsea.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He was signed and inserted immediately, because they had a need and they knew that he knew how to play the Dutch way. Apparently no training necessary.

It would be nice to see Pepi & Tillman see the field. 

LASTLY: Did Dest see time at RB? or LB in his one big season at Ajax?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He was signed and inserted immediately, because they had a need and they knew that he knew how to play the Dutch way. Apparently no training necessary.

It would be nice to see Pepi & Tillman see the field. 

LASTLY: Did Dest see time at RB? or LB in his one big season at Ajax?

He was RB for Ajax that season.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, The Dog said:

So I guess this raises the question for me - what is normal for NT coaches to communicate with their players?

Another thing - what has his visibility been? I mean one thing that stood out to me from the opening week of the EPL - Gareth Southgate was at a game when the season opened. Has Berhalter been seen at anything since he was rehired?

When someone brings up "Gregg hasn't talked to X", I gotta wonder how much of his job is he doing?

32 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

So I guess this raises the question for me - what is normal for NT coaches to communicate with their players?

Another thing - what has his visibility been? I mean one thing that stood out to me from the opening week of the EPL - Gareth Southgate was at a game when the season opened. Has Berhalter been seen at anything since he was rehired?

When someone brings up "Gregg hasn't talked to X", I gotta wonder how much of his job is he doing?

This was in the context of someone saying that some players won't be called up for the September camp who are starting at new clubs and that Berhalter had talked to them. And that Gio and Pepi likely won't be called up and he has yet to talk to them.

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

image.jpeg.14cbacc9a381aa2e834cf32487513927.jpeg65F42EAD-7D48-475A-8C6D-629468A2DA81.thumb.jpeg.c0e233c77fbe4276a63d6f6aff2c0721.jpeg

I am not sure how Berhalter is going to have time coaching the USMNT while working front of house at The Bear and gunning for that Michelin star.  But, hey, he’s not like this because he’s in Van Halen. He’s in Van Halen because he’s like this.  

• Haha 1

Why wouldn’t Pepi be called up?  I can see Gio not getting called up due to his injury. No matter how difficult it will be, he needs to have a face to face conversation with Gio.  I recommend he knock on his door with some beer, burgers and fries for Sunday night football.