Beer 2023: Y’all still drink or nah?

HenryJames

Happy national beer day!

National Beer Day (United States)

National Beer Day is celebrated in the United States every year on April 7, marking the day that the Cullen–Harrison Act came into force after having been signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on March 22, 1933. This led to the Eighteenth Amendment being repealed on December 5, 1933, with the ratification of the Twenty-first Amendment.

On 4/8/2023 at 7:36 PM, salonghorn said:

What is a good craft beer that tastes like german beer?

On 4/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, PantsTent said:

Live Oak

Yup.

Live Oak Hefe is the gold standard for German-tasting hefeweizen in the USA.  

Live Oak Gold is a very good American version of a German pilsner.

And not your question but as a bonus, Live Oak Pilz is an outstanding American version of a Czech pilsner.

On 4/8/2023 at 7:36 PM, salonghorn said:

What is a good craft beer that tastes like german beer?

On 4/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, PantsTent said:

Live Oak

On 4/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, utee94 said:

Yup.

Live Oak Hefe is the gold standard for German-tasting hefeweizen in the USA.  

Live Oak Gold is a very good American version of a German pilsner.

And not your question but as a bonus, Live Oak Pilz is an outstanding American version of a Czech pilsner.

FYI, since Batch went away from the extremely niche beer and hired one of the Live Oak brewers to lead their revamped program, the beer is basically Live Oak 2. Really, really freakin good stuff with a heavily rotational brewing schedule. I had a 3.6% English Dark Mild yesterday that was a perfect breakfast brew, and a dark czech lager a couple weeks ago that's been on my mind since. 

13 hours ago, mdleast said:

Also, how long has it been since Bangers expanded to include that other building (with an additional 100 beers on tap)? Ended up hanging out there for a few hours this afternoon before heading home.

907c2633ff6cba03c31df06677a565bb.jpg

several years. that place stresses me out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Farmhouse and barnyard are not the same, and no one outside of Belgium seems to understand.

Trying to get the specific strain from my buddy I brew with. He researched the recipe and put it together.

I do like Brett, I just consider beers made with it to be more of a wild ale than anything. Just a far different beast than a saison, IMO.