Team dinner recs in Austin

El Tri

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Haven't been in quite a while. But the steak frits, moules frits, nicoise salad, and burger have all been legit in the past. But they may have very well fallen off. 

Eaten there twice in the last month. It hasn't fallen off.

12 minutes ago, Texas Town said:

La Condesa (guac tasting, mex street corn, ceviche, tex-mex + seafood) then walk over to Ginger Man

man Gingerman has closed. found that out last week when we walked up to it and it was just closed

I like how almost none of the recs here are where he asked-Downtown or Arboretum.  Can't tell if that's just surly being shaggy, or people genuinely don't know where downtown Austin is.  

51 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I like how almost none of the recs here are where he asked-Downtown or Arboretum.  Can't tell if that's just surly being shaggy, or people genuinely don't know where downtown Austin is.  

It probably has more to do with the lack of quality options downtown as compared to the rest of Austin (especially if you want a Texas/Austin vibe).  I guess Roaring Fork would tick all of the boxes for OP, but there are a lot of other places I would rather go in this city.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

What is your definition of "downtown"?  A block from the Convention Center?

Unclench.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

It probably has more to do with the lack of quality options downtown as compared to the rest of Austin (especially if you want a Texas/Austin vibe).  I guess Roaring Fork would tick all of the boxes for OP, but there are a lot of other places I would rather go in this city.  

It would take an unusual definition to say that Ranch 616 isn't downtown.  Roaring Fork Stonelake has a great vibe on a nice evening.  Not a stretch to consider that an Arboretum area joint.  Lots of good choices.

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What is your definition of "downtown"?  A block from the Convention Center?

Unclench.

I was wondering when the conversation would take this turn given that he was getting responses for everything from east to north campus to more traditionally downtown. IMO, if you are throwing out either Arboretum or Downtown, your group is sufficiently mobile that going a couple blocks east or north of the target area should be in play. 

But after we get hashing out recs, it would be awesome if we could have another argument about what constitutes central austin. Those are always fun. 

• Like 1