Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

20 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I called MLB.TVs support line after 2 innings of the ‘no video feed available’ message and sat on hold for 10 minutes before hanging up. Just called and their initial message says “We are urgently having problems streaming certain games, we’re on it, blah blah”. Good to know it’s not just me.

Why did Heaney get pulled so early?

Bruce Bochy disclosed after the game that Heaney came down with a cold and missed his bullpen session earlier this week as reasoning for the short leash. 

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/andrew-heaneys-start-shortened-by-illness-saturday/1218236

10 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

He's been bad against them his entire career before this last game.

Which was my point. Nothing wrong with the commentators’ comments. 

16 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Tough loss but if Dunning and Gray can give great starts like they did this week, or just close to it, what a bonus that would be.

The starting rotation even without the new additions is shockingly good vs expectations, maybe except for Perez, who realistically was due for a return to his old self. I'm pretty impressed with what Young has brought in from guys I thought were largely mediocre stopgap starting pitchers. I knew these guys had arm talent, but it's like the Rangers knew they would be much better in a new situation. They've been pretty dang good at getting value in their free agent signings at the mid level.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Tough loss but if Dunning and Gray can give great starts like they did this week, or just close to it, what a bonus that would be.

That is who we need Gray to be. Not a bonus. That’s what we need out of him. 

2 hours ago, TxTower said:

Past performance is no guarantee of future results was my point.

Seems it was beyond your grasp.

Lol. They made a point that was 100% true. They weren’t predicting a future result.  Moron. 

59 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

That is who we need Gray to be. Not a bonus. That’s what we need out of him. 

Sure but I don't think we're getting that Gray, realistically, that good each start. That was No 1 starter stuff. Getting close to that is realistic, maybe, or hopeful as the playoff push gets deeper. At least better than the five innings and six runs he had been producing just prior.

28 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Sure but I don't think we're getting that Gray, realistically, that good each start. That was No 1 starter stuff. Getting close to that is realistic, maybe, or hopeful as the playoff push gets deeper. At least better than the five innings and six runs he had been producing just prior.

3.65 ERA, 1.19 WHIP. That’s legit No. 3 starter stuff. Problem is we have no deGrom or Eovaldi and we need more of his performances like Friday’s. His mindset must be the 1 or 2 guy from here on out until we see more of Max and we see if Nate recovers upon return. 

Also, from early May to early June (6 consecutive starts), Gray was exactly what he was Friday night. He’s got the stuff. 

23 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Like I said - beyond your grasp. Jackass.

Not at all beyond my grasp. I just have what’s called listening comprehension. You should try it. 

Edited by Porterhouse

So I was in Houston this weekend for a wedding and the Astros game was on during lunch with some friends at a sportsbar.  I hadn't seen the Astros broadcast in ages but it really struck me how weird it is that in all their commercials for Astros stuff (merch, omg tickets for the game next week, etc.) they show the same shots of Alvarez's home run during the world series.  It's so aggy, they were barely alive in that series and Alvarez totally lucked out to "turn the game upside down" but yet they play the damn thing like it is the biggest moment in sports history.  tbh it was kind of sad seeing my Astros-fan friends getting all jacked up by it.