• No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

All right, you fucking little drama queen, here ya go:

18 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So now I have to also buy a gun safe?  Good to know

You have to insure your vehicle, no?

Want my SAT scores?  So what does "full" look like?  You going to scrub my online posts?

Employment history, past addresses, about as thorough as an employer does for a new hire applicant. For those under 21, ideally character references.

What the actual fuck are you talking about here?  Is there some fucking guy in a booth at McBride's I have to convince I can own a gun?  Did you just quietly kill the entire online gun industry?

I take it you don't have TSA precheck or Global Entry?

20 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So I also have to get a license to own semi auto pistols and rifles? 

Yes. My driver's license doesn't automatically entitle me to drive a semi truck, motorcylce, or an F1 car. How stupid woulf that be?

So now I have my online posting history vetted, go through an in-person interview, and get some magical license, and then I have to pass some written test that you are just pulling out of your ass?  What are you testing me on?  That I know how to load it?  Unload it?  Strip it and clean it?  What?

Did you get this worked up for your driving test?

22 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

"Problematic" - So what is the appeals process?  I get put on some fucking list, possibly have someone come take guns I've purchased, and I have to go to court to get them back?  Get fucked.  

I don't know, man. There's nothing to be done here? No possible criteria to identify possible threats? None? That's what we're going with?

24 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The stupidest of all solutions.  I can't carry a 20 or 30rd mag?  I'll just carry more 10rd mags.  They take about 2-3 seconds to swap out.  This is as fucking stupid as smaller cups to make people less fat.  We know how well that went over.  

Why in the fuck do you even need a 30 round mag other than "Weeeeeee, this is really fun" (not that that isn't a valid reason, because I've done it and it is). More reloads = less bullets downrange and more opportunities for escape or someone to rush the shooter. How is this one even debatable?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m failing to even see what’s going on here.  We are trying to prevent young people from buying weapons of mass destruction.   Is there a problem with that?

I mean dead kids are bad, but can you imagine if we made BabaYaga buy a safe for his killing machines?!?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Can you imagine this in practice? Then you’d have the back and forth of administrations wanting to put their own spin on the “tests” and “interviews”. Then the republicans would be all like “well we’re doing this for the guns maybe we can implement a similar program for the transgenders!

None of this would ever pass. Again, Ive said it many times….if you want to accomplish something don’t get retarded.

I said earlier in this thread that I don't necessary want all of those things (and I know they'd never all happen). Just my personal list of ideas to choose from. Are there even a couple that you'd entertain, obviously with some fine tuning from people like yourself? Or nah? 

11 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Yes, you are failing to see what’s going on here.

I’m admitting my failures,   What’s your excuse?  Anything for a dollar?  These people just don’t appreciate the inherent beauty of this gun, that fires a round designed to inflict maximum carnage on human flesh.   How about you admit your livelihood depends on a few nutcases murdering people.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 2

I said earlier in this thread that I don't necessary want all of those things (and I know they'd never all happen). Just my personal list of ideas to choose from. Are there even a couple that you'd entertain, obviously with some fine tuning from people like yourself? Or nah? 

Possibly. Although I sell guns every day and RSO at a range as well, I am not against things that couldn’t be abused and would make sense.

The problem is the abuse - the gov will abuse it and then the idea of it will bleed over into other areas.

The enhanced wait on under 21 buyers I thought, personally, was a good idea.

I would also not be opposed to something that would require training. I see it everyday - people have no idea how shit works. I usually take ALOT of time talking about just shooting and how the gun operates and drills to do on the range so they feel “better” about going to the range and operating their firearm.

I’d be in favor of mandatory background checks on private transfers. I would love it in a mobile app so you can do it on the spot and I’d be all for a small charge that went directly to enhancing school security.

I’m sure there are other things. But I’m hungry.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m admitting my failures,   What’s your excuse?  Anything for a dollar?  

Anything for a dollar clearly isn't it. As an arms dealer, he could make a ton of money off many of these measures. 

Folks here are arguing with people that wouldn't change their ways unless their own child was caught in the crossfire and maybe not even then.

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm not being 100% accurate here, but aren't there like tens of thousands of gun deaths each year due to suicide and accidental shootings of one person by another?  I think it's something like 20,000 people per year, no?  

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

Possibly. Although I sell guns every day and RSO at a range as well, I am not against things that couldn’t be abused and would make sense.

The problem is the abuse - the gov will abuse it and then the idea of it will bleed over into other areas.

The enhanced wait on under 21 buyers I thought, personally, was a good idea.

I would also not be opposed to something that would require training. I see it everyday - people have no idea how shit works. I usually take ALOT of time talking about just shooting and how the gun operates and drills to do on the range so they feel “better” about going to the range and operating their firearm.

I’d be in favor of mandatory background checks on private transfers. I would love it in a mobile app so you can do it on the spot and I’d be all for a small charge that went directly to enhancing school security.

I’m sure there are other things. But I’m hungry.

A sincere thank you. All of these would be above and beyond what any of would realisitically hope for, at least nationally. Which is of course why they'll likely never happen.

Meh, the thing is  I don’t really have a problem with @handcruser he’s operating within the rules and seems to have a sense of right and wrong,   My bigger concern is that the people deciding right and wrong are criminals who don’t have their heads screwed on right.  

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A sincere thank you. All of these would be above and beyond what any of would realisitically hope for, at least nationally. Which is of course why they'll likely never happen.

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Meh, the thing is  I don’t really have a problem with @handcruser he’s operating within the rules and seems to have a sense of right and wrong,   My bigger concern is that the people deciding right and wrong are criminals who don’t have their heads screwed on right.  

He doesn't do anything to enact any change. He pays lip service on a message board to appear reasoanble. He still supports the radical NRA. He talk to other arms dealers to attempt to build a coalition that would be more reasonable than the radical NRA. He supports candidates that don't identify school shootings as a problem. The list goes on.

He likes to pretend to engage on here and then he runs off because he's hungry or has to go sell another AR. He did it to me a number of months ago. He asked me to list out a number of things that could potentially be a compromise between both sides of the issue. I did. He responded that he needed to go eat dinner or some such and was gone like a fart in the wind. You guys just think he's better because he can string two thoughts together better than a lot of the other gun guys on this thread. 

I wonder how many people would have gone through with suicide if it weren't for a gun?  That's something you really don't see get measured against other countries?  We do gang violence, mass shootings, child deaths, etc.  But i would think suicide is roughly 'uniform' from country to country, but if we're honest---it can be a knee-jerk action.  Going to the top of a tall building or high bridge or overdosing takes a lot more planning and work and time to contemplate than just going to the safe and eating a revolver. 

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I wonder how many people would have gone through with suicide if it weren't for a gun?  That's something you really don't see get measured against other countries?  We do gang violence, mass shootings, child deaths, etc.  But i would think suicide is roughly 'uniform' from country to country, but if we're honest---it can be a knee-jerk action.  Going to the top of a tall building or high bridge or overdosing takes a lot more planning and work and time to contemplate than just going to the safe and eating a revolver. 

A good friend of mind blew his brains out. He was suffering from depression, had a 3 month old baby, was drunk and had an evil wife. He was prone to very rash decisions.

He would not have killed himself that night if he didn’t have a gun in his nightstand.

He doesn't do anything to enact any change. He pays lip service on a message board to appear reasoanble. He still supports the radical NRA. He talk to other arms dealers to attempt to build a coalition that would be more reasonable than the radical NRA. He supports candidates that don't identify school shootings as a problem. The list goes on.
He likes to pretend to engage on here and then he runs off because he's hungry or has to go sell another AR. He did it to me a number of months ago. He asked me to list out a number of things that could potentially be a compromise between both sides of the issue. I did. He responded that he needed to go eat dinner or some such and was gone like a fart in the wind. You guys just think he's better because he can string two thoughts together better than a lot of the other gun guys on this thread. 

I don’t remember that but I do get hungry 2-3 times per day.

I do sell AR’s. I just sold 10 to one customer a bit ago.

I don’t vote along 1 topic.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Let's be real, I can think of at least ten, wait at least 30 posters who I would not want armed.

As for Handcruser, I have no doubt that he's sane and reasonable here, but what about in times of stress?  We all lose our head at some point.

What do you mean? If your referring to carrying a firearm then I’ll tell you this -

Carrying a firearm increases your desire to avoid conflict. It’s the opposite of what many of you think.

Just like many women come in for their first gun and they say “I want a small one”. They’re petite, have small hands, etc. they think it’s easier to shoot. It’s the exact opposite - she needs a larger gun that will do more of the work for her.

I
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I took an entire class on suicideology in college.  It was brutal.  There is data on this and, shocker, you are correct.

Fair points, all handcruser.  You have to admit, you're one of the more responsible dealers in your profession.  I don't have a huge data set, but the ones I do know help traffic guns south of the border because the money is so damn good.  And they do it under the protection of Texas law enforcement, they bring fentanyl on the back north.  

But I think about the fact that every single fucking  year, we have about 10-15k accidental deaths from guns due to unsecure/poorly secured/insert the proper terminology here please-will not offend me in the least GUNS.  Yet we are the most responsible gun-owning nation on Earth.  How can such a country, have the worst fucking luck every fucking goddamn year for like 50 years in a row?  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Carrying a firearm increases your desire to avoid conflict. It’s the opposite of what many of you think.

That’s just your opinion, man and in my opinion is it’s bullshit. A firearm is the very definition of conflict.  I don’t go around wearing a pair of everlast gloves, saying well I’m just preserving my rights never mind the provocation. I’ll rephrase, carrying a firearm indicates you are expecting a confrontation, and if so you’re likely to get one.  

• Hook 'Em 2

That’s just your opinion, man and in my opinion is it’s bullshit. A firearm is the very definition of conflict.  I don’t go around wearing a pair of everlast gloves, saying well I’m just preserving my rights never mind the provocation. I’ll rephrase, carrying a firearm indicates you are expecting a confrontation, and if so you’re likely to get one.  

You ever carry?
Doesn't seem great.

Lol. To a gun store in west texas.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Fair points, all handcruser.  You have to admit, you're one of the more responsible dealers in your profession.  I don't have a huge data set, but the ones I do know help traffic guns south of the border because the money is so damn good.  And they do it under the protection of Texas law enforcement, they bring fentanyl on the back north.  
But I think about the fact that every single fucking  year, we have about 10-15k accidental deaths from guns due to unsecure/poorly secured/insert the proper terminology here please-will not offend me in the least GUNS.  Yet we are the most responsible gun-owning nation on Earth.  How can such a country, have the worst fucking luck every fucking goddamn year for like 50 years in a row?  

Not a dealer - just work at one.

I also work with a girl whose family owns a gun store in southern az near the border. Anytime they sell a certain weapon or notice certain things (all legal) or a combination of them they alert ATF and thaw it agent is 3 minutes out. Anytime. Every time.
I have on occasion, but not for fear of other humans, just pigs.  Look, I get the desire, I just don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze.  

So how many times have you carried when not hunting?
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

What do you mean? If your referring to carrying a firearm then I’ll tell you this -

Just like many women come in for their first gun and they say “I want a small one”. They’re petite, have small hands, etc. they think it’s easier to shoot. It’s the exact opposite - she needs a larger gun that will do more of the work for her.

I

Respectfully disagree

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

I also work with a girl whose family owns a gun store in southern az near the border. Anytime they sell a certain weapon or notice certain things (all legal) or a combination of them they alert ATF and thaw it agent is 3 minutes out. Anytime. Every time.

None, really.  There have been times when I’ve had a gun in my truck incidentally, but not for the purpose of protection as such.  I’m also the first person to admit that I’ve been an irresponsible sonofabitch many many times, probably similar to 99% of the population who shouldn’t have ready access to guns.  Or steak knives for that matter.  

8 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Anyway we’re getting all sideways here, sorry.  I don’t necessarily have a problem with someone having the RIGHT to carry, I have a problem with their ability.  And their fear motivation.  

56 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I

Ah, so we have identified the "good guys with guns" finally.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So if we have the most good guys, as the goodest country on Earth.  And if we have the most guns, which we literally do.  Shouldn't we have the least amount of gun violence?  I'm just doing the maths here.  

There will be no maths.  Just stay afraid, locked and loaded, my friend.  Actually you may not be my friend, so all the more reason to carry.  That other guy is carrying.  His is bigger than yours. You should buy a bigger one.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We also have the most accidental gun deaths due to improper storage.  But storage requirements are unconstitutional.  

We also have the most homicides/suicides due to the mentally unhinged.  But background/red flag checks are unconstitutional. 

So there really is nothing left we can do.  Literally.  

I prefer to drive about 70 on the highway.  Others prefer to drive 90.  Anything limiting speed would be unfair to those who wish to drive a responsible 90.  Thank god I don't live in that kind of over-reaching state. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We also have the most accidental gun deaths due to improper storage.  But storage requirements are unconstitutional.  

We also have the most homicides/suicides due to the mentally unhinged.  But background/red flag checks are unconstitutional. 

So there really is nothing left we can do.  Literally.  

I prefer to drive about 70 on the highway.  Others prefer to drive 90.  Anything limiting speed would be unfair to those who wish to drive a responsible 90.  Thank god I don't live in that kind of over-reaching state. 

90 is too few grains.  You need over 100 grains.  150 per cartridge is a good start, I think.  I should ask The Cartridge Family what they shot the Brady Bunch in the head with.  That wasn’t enough power.