Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So give me the talking points. I was at Jason Isbell show in Dallas tonight. I watched about 10 mins of the first period between the opener and Isbell and then checked the score to watch progression.

benn scored a nice one in the first; we held their shots down and went on a 6 minute tear in the second. Didn’t play great in the 3rd but that’s the luxury of starting with a 4 goal cushion. 

55 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

benn scored a nice one in the first; we held their shots down and went on a 6 minute tear in the second. Didn’t play great in the 3rd but that’s the luxury of starting with a 4 goal cushion. 

I saw Robertson got an assist — was he better tonight?

I feel like this entire playoffs has been pretty crazy with momentum swings where 1 team for the most part dominates all or part of the game to build a huge lead.  Not looking back at bubble run as such an outlier without travel and home crowds, but going back to 2019, of the 13 playoff games played, 8 were 1 goal games and 3 were 2 goal games leaving only 2 that were relative blowouts (a 5-1 W against the preds and a 4-1 L to the Blues).  So far in 10 games played this year we already have 6 games with 3+ goal differential (4 with 4+ differential).  Obviously, in the 2nd round in particular, this hasn't been unique to our series.