Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean on one hand we have this. 

On the other hand I have to be physically present at work at 8 am tomorrow and I'm going to continue to get fucked up over the course of the next 2 hours at least.

Your call, cowboy. 

I feel for you bro.... unless you make a lot more money than me then I guess it's worth the bullshit... or is it. 

• Haha 1

Hmmmm yeah I took both of my 2 WFH days for the week having to take my 18 month old to the doctor/stay home and watch him, and while I love my son I’m kinda regretting all that now. Let’s fuckin go stars!

Edited by Etexhorn13

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Another pointless night for Robo. One SOG. He was +1, though.

Unless this is a weird reverse jinx you gotta let this one go. I generally love your take on just about everything, but i can't abide this one. Let him figure it out. Too much pressure ruins players, at least those of Robo's nature. 

• Drool 1

And I'll add that it's complete bullshit that Johnston wasn't a finalist for the calder. A good part of me thinks that's OK because we will continue to fly under the radar. We'll see. 

Agreed on this. Insane he wasn’t a finalist.

Unless this is a weird reverse jinx you gotta let this one go. I generally love your take on just about everything, but i can't abide this one. Let him figure it out. Too much pressure ruins players, at least those of Robo's nature. 

I’m probably over-reacting and being too critical, simply because I noticed it last year vs Calgary and it’s showing up again this year. History is littered with guys who light the lamp with regularity in the regular season but can’t replicate that effectiveness when things get greasy in the playoffs. I’m not seeing much evidence to the contrary with Robertson, who doesn’t even seem to be able to get off a shot of late. Again, maybe he’s battling injury.

This is a special, special team if Robertson can join in on the fun.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

Hockey boys on the Ticket brought up Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday, and honestly it made sense.

Langenbrunner was 34 years old before he put up more goals in a season than WJ did this year.

Edited by Beau Vine

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Hockey boys on the Ticket brought up Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday, and honestly it made sense.

I think Wyatt will score more than Langenbrunner, whose career-high was 29 goals (albeit a different era). Plus, Jamie was a winger.

I’m upset with Suter because he played well and I can’t dogshit all over him for playing bad.

Edit: we got there at the 8ish minute mark of warmups. Wedge was in goal and Jake was nowhere to be seen. Talk about losing your shit. He was in the tunnel and guessing equipment issue or similar.

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:

Harley has been a pleasant surprise on the blue line. He looks decisive and seems to make smart decisions with the puck.
Maybe he can replace what we lost with Johns.

yeah, I'm glad we let him marinate in the ahl this season. Texas seems no worse for wear so our gain. 

is Lundqvist a lost project or saving him for next season? only "bad" pickup Nill has made recently, and remains to be seen whether there is redemption. I hope he's not another Kevin (Honka)

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1