NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

How the hell does A&M have 4 Q1 wins it seems like they’ve lost every meaningful game outside of Kentucky.

They beat a mediocre Ohio State team on the road but road games have value. Ohio State is 2-4 in the Big 10 and will likely finish multiple games below .500 in the Big 10. They also beat a decent Iowa State team on a neutral court.

Not sure what their 4th Q1 win is. 

They're going to need all the help with quality wins because the way their season is trending it looks like they will finish around .500. 

Oats is a fucking clown. I've never understood the love for that moron. I'll never forget how psychotic he acted during our tourney game against his Buffalo team.

No shot that freak doesn't go home and beat his fat ass wife after every loss.

He should be suspended for that shit.

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The SEC has some very unlikable coaches in basketball.

Musselman, Pearl, and Oats. I can't stand any of those guys. They're all decent coaches though. 

the all time big xii coaching list would be pretty epic in this regard:

bobby knight, dave bliss, larry eustachy, scott drew, kelvin sampson (twice), chris beard, bob huggins, eddie sutton, tom penders, mark andrews, and on and on. hell this league has had plenty of cheaters who i didn’t even name because they don’t measure up to these guys in terms of scumbaggery. it’s a really impressive list. the old big east would be proud.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the all time big xii coaching list would be pretty epic in this regard:

bobby knight, dave bliss, larry eustachy, scott drew, kelvin sampson (twice), chris beard, bob huggins, eddie sutton, tom penders, mark andrews, and on and on. hell this league has had plenty of cheaters who i didn’t even name because they don’t measure up to these guys in terms of scumbaggery. it’s a really impressive list. the old big east would be proud.

Ravens TE taking shots for no reason 

image.gif.2dc2d912b0f102e960bfe94fd161528f.gif

• Haha 1

Kentucky Zvonimir Ivisic cleared to play by NCAA... had a good game today

January 21 - Zvonimir Ivisic scored 13 points in his collegiate debut after being granted eligibility earlier in the day as No. 8 Kentucky recorded a 105-96 victory over Georgia on Saturday night in Lexington, Ky.

Ivisic was awaiting clearance from the NCAA after he was admitted to Kentucky in October. The school announced that he was officially cleared to play just hours before tip-off, and he recorded 16 minutes of action in his anticipated debut. 

21 hours ago, Brothahorn said:
On 1/19/2024 at 8:34 PM, HtownHorn said:
Shannon sued Illinois and won. He now gets to play basketball after getting arrested for felony rape.

That seems wrong.

To be fair, there have been hundreds of men like Shannon who have been arrested for rape who were innocent. Hundreds.

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also just saw that kentucky got that big euro kid to be approved by the ncaa. i think he hit four threes in his debut. if that team is healthy and eligible they’re going to be a problem in march.

I'm not really sold. I wouldn't be shocked if they make a run because they can really score. 

But they are also atrocious defensively. They're now #73 in Adj D (Kenpom). They just gave up 96 points to a Georgia team today who is barely a top 100 adjusted offense. 

it’s true they have no defense, but their offense is really good. one of the three or four best in the country. they won’t run into teams that can outscore them until the second weekend, and if they’ve grown and jelled at all (they are still a very young team) then i see them being really dangerous in the tourney. 

Edited by shadow_operative