Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

31 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

But he didn't have the cash. 

And you know this, how? I use my AMEX as a "bill consolidator" and pay it off monthly. I have the cash but still use the card like 99.99% of the country. If they would let me float it yearly, I'd do that.

43 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Well, if its baseball, I get that, but not if he is giving away tickets.  I bought 10 tickets to a game last week on my credit card, but my friends paid me back for their seats.  I don't know how you get to 200k on that though.  If he was giving away tickets to ladder climb or curry favor that would be an auto-disqualifier for a judge in my book.

The $0 net worth thing is easy.  You're looking at it from the perspective of a private sector working stiff.  I doubt his pension is counting towards his net worth even though he will be relying on it for the bulk, if not all, of his retirement.

Yeah, combine his pension with his house as an asset and his balance sheet is fine outside of the CC and personal loan, which is outrageous.

10 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

And you know this, how? I use my AMEX as a "bill consolidator" and pay it off monthly. I have the cash but still use the card like 99.99% of the country. If they would let me float it yearly, I'd do that.

His salary is public info. His debt and assets were disclosed. He didnt have the cash. 

As for your personal claims, they need to be accompanied by a pay stub and credit card statement to be believed.  Shaggy rules. 

54 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

My concern would be the baseball excuse. That sounds like bush league money laundering.

The only reasonable explanation: He is laundering money for the Baltimore Orioles.

Edited by JBJ

49 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

His salary is public info. His debt and assets were disclosed. He didnt have the cash. 

As for your personal claims, they need to be accompanied by a pay stub and credit card statement to be believed.  Shaggy rules. 

Never go Full Rocko.

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I heard on NPR that he does the buying for family and friends the nice guy gets the tix and they pay him back. Maybe he gets points for miles or cash back. Id do this too plus keep a balance if it was at 0% interest. Then pay it off before the interest rate hits. He gets his milage points or cash back plus points for being the guy getting the tickets.

Oops, i somehow quoted wildcat with my words. Weird mistake.

Edited by burntorangebongos
Accidental fake quoting

On 7/12/2018 at 9:46 AM, FondrenRoad said:

That they're tailored isn't really the issue.  He's a grown man who wears American football jerseys while not at games.

You’re a fucking idiot. I have never worn a football jersey outside of attending a football game. I made that clear years ago in the original tailored jersey thread. For someone who despises Trump, you sure do seem to love fake news with respect to me. I’m still waiting for washpark to show me all of women hating posts I have supposedly made over the years. If you’re going to criticize at least be accurate and have the correct facts counselor.

not sure how to embed a video from the daily caller.  Hillary speaks out, skrongly, about the prospective supreme court justice soon to be considered in the Senate:(video at link)

“I used to worry that they wanted to turn the clock back to the 1950s. Now, I worry they want to turn it back to the 1850s. These will be urgent fights. Stakes could not be higher,” she said during her speech at the American Federation of Teachers.

“This nomination holds out the threat of devastating consequences for workers’ rights, civil rights, LGBT rights, women’s rights, including those to make our own health decisions,” Clinton continued. “It is a blatant attempt by this administration to shift the balance of the Court for decades and to reverse decades of progress.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/13/hillary-clinton-kavanaugh-slavery/?utm_medium=push&utm_source=daily_caller&utm_campaign=push

17 minutes ago, zork said:

not sure how to embed a video from the daily caller.  Hillary speaks out, skrongly, about the prospective supreme court justice soon to be considered in the Senate:(video at link)

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/13/hillary-clinton-kavanaugh-slavery/?utm_medium=push&utm_source=daily_caller&utm_campaign=push

I thought Hillary was lost in the woods, when did she find her way out? 

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Hillary is a champion of women’s rights and lgbtq rights.  She was so courageous on both fronts when bill was harassing young women and when she favored DOMA.  

So you're Gohmert?  That explains a lot.

45 minutes ago, zork said:

Hillary speaks out, skrongly, about the prospective supreme court justice soon to be considered in the Senate:(video at link)

fear·mon·ger·ing
ˈfirˌməNGəriNG/
noun
noun: fear-mongering
  1. the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:10 AM, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, but 800k is way more than Kavanaugh has been making per year.  Its not uncommon for someone like Kavanaugh to live check to check when they are backstopped by a pension.  Remember that he has long time law school friends who are hitting that 800k a year plus at firms.  His social circle is a wealthy one even if he's technically upper middle class.

He was with Kirkland & Ellis in the late 90's, his buddies that are still with the firm are making a couple million a year. I think Kirkland has been the highest paying/earning law firm the last couple of years on a per partner basis. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

You're bashing Hillary for Bill's behavior.  Standard, vile, Republican Tactics 101.

Where was your indignation when Hillary publicly attacked and vilified these women who's only crime was going public and possibly derailing her political gravy train?  Or is Kathleen Sebelius a master of Republican Tactics 101 as well.

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Where was your indignation when Hillary publicly attacked and vilified these women who's only crime was going public and possibly derailing her political gravy train?  Or is Kathleen Sebelius a master of Republican Tactics 101 as well.

It's better to just cast aspersions, lest you be labeled a "whatabouter".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You're going to have to provide some links, because I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.  Hillary defended Bill, as wives often do.  Sebelius?  Are you talking about the #metoo stuff?  What did she accuse Hillary of doing?

37 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Hillary is a champion of women’s rights and lgbtq rights.  She was so courageous on both fronts when bill was harassing young women and when she favored DOMA.  

Does Hillary pay you rent for the space she occupies in your dome. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're going to have to provide some links, because I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.  Hillary defended Bill, as wives often do.  Sebelius?  Are you talking about the #metoo stuff?  What did she accuse Hillary of doing?

She lashed out at HRC for disparaging women who accused her husband.  She accused her not only of looking the other way, but actively "going after" these women.  There are dozens of other citations.  This one, though, is from a former Obama admin Cabinet official.

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

She lashed out at HRC for disparaging women who accused her husband.  She accused her not only of looking the other way, but actively "going after" these women.  There are dozens of other citations.  This one, though, is from a former Obama admin Cabinet official.

I can't find any language from Sebelius that would remotely support the idea of her "lashing out" at HRC.   If you're at all interested, check Politifacts about this whole disgusting line of thought.  I was an adult when BIll & Monica were a headline every night, and I don't recall anything other than Hillary standing by Bill on a news magazine interview.  I think I'm on the right side of history here, but if you have anything more than bullshit culled from Rush Limbaugh and FOX News, by all means, bring it.  Otherwise, this is a stupid tangen that has nothing to do with the fucking circus we saw put on by Ringmaster Gohmert yesterday.

Even if it did, suck it.  New day, new rules.  The left is learning how to fight back and the right is proper fucked.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can't find any language from Sebelius that would remotely support the idea of her "lashing out" at HRC.   If you're at all interested, check Politifacts about this whole disgusting line of thought.  I was an adult when BIll & Monica were a headline every night, and I don't recall anything other than Hillary standing by Bill on a news magazine interview.  I think I'm on the right side of history here, but if you have anything more than bullshit culled from Rush Limbaugh and FOX News, by all means, bring it.  Otherwise, this is a stupid tangen that has nothing to do with the fucking circus we saw put on by Ringmaster Gohmert yesterday.

Even if it did, suck it.  New day, new rules.  The left is learning how to fight back and the right is proper fucked.

#Resist!

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, the left has always been passive, kind and fair when political battles arose. 

You really believe this when they go low we go high bullshit, don't you?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Yeah, the left has always been passive, kind and fair when political battles arose. 

You really believe this when they go low we go high bullshit, don't you?

The left has been philosophically and politically ineffective for several decades.  The right serves up Karl Rove, the left PeeWee Herman.  I know you think otherwise, but as is often the case, you are flat fucking wrong.

It maybe happen again since the powers that be in the DNC, from national to local, are loathe to cede any control, but the consensus of "fight as dirty as they do" is rapidly building.

I'm actually thinking about joining the Democratic Party.  That's a paradigm shift -- never thought I'd join either party, but the stakes are too great.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The left has been philosophically and politically ineffective for several decades.  The right serves up Karl Rove, the left PeeWee Herman.  I know you think otherwise, but as is often the case, you are flat fucking wrong.

It maybe happen again since the powers that be in the DNC, from national to local, are loathe to cede any control, but the consensus of "fight as dirty as they do" is rapidly building.

I'm actually thinking about joining the Democratic Party.  That's a paradigm shift -- never thought I'd join either party, but the stakes are too great.

TDS is real people

I completely disagree that the two sides are equally heinous.  (I know this is a surprise to some people.)

That said, it is high time the left fights dirtier.  Whatever that means to you, so be it.  This is now a "by any means necessary" point in history.  I really don't give a damn.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The left has been philosophically and politically ineffective for several decades. 

I think this statement is accurate, especially when you consider that Bill Clinton's presidency was arguably in the center of today's spectrum. The debateable part is whether or not this is the fault of the politicians and tactics put forward by the left... or that the ideas just haven't been particularly sellable to the American people.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I completely disagree that the two sides are equally heinous.  (I know this is a surprise to some people.)

That said, it is high time the left fights dirtier.  Whatever that means to you, so be it.  This is now a "by any means necessary" point in history.  I really don't give a damn.

Outrage has been at a 13 for some time now...

What's stopping them?

respect for others?  LOlz.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

That’s exactly what the right wing people said to justify Trump after they stewed in their echo chambers about Obama for 8 years until they were frenzied enough to believe it.

Your "both sides" is noted.  You're wrong.  I don't care, be wrong, but if you think the left hasn't tried way too hard to be conciliatory FAR more often than the right, then you're just not paying attention.  Christ, look at Chuck Schumer's shitshow last week.  It's just all too common.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your "both sides" is noted.  You're wrong.  I don't care, be wrong, but if you think the left hasn't tried way too hard to be conciliatory FAR more often than the right, then you're just not paying attention.  Christ, look at Chuck Schumer's shitshow last week.  It's just all too common.

I really don't want to google "Schumer shitshow".. can you be a bit more specific? I thought he was going to do everything possible to resist anything the right put forward. The fact that this amounts to putting sensational headlines out there to rile up the base isn't really his fault.

Obamacare wasn't conciliatory.

Neither are the constant reminders of how hateful we are not to embrace open borders or how racist we are when we don't embrace the feel-good( but keep the brownies down) politics of the left.

The leftist attitudes in our media and schools are certainly not collaborative and conciliatory.

The right has the votes to pass the SC nominee.  Now you fuckers are calling for 'meeting half-way?

LOlz.  Fuck you.

Reap it.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The Dems are only more conciliatory because they don’t have the votes to not be conciliatory.  You’re conflating being out of power with being noble.

Obama was a much more dignified statesman at the top than Trump, that is obvious, but that’s not the same thing as what you’re saying. How far back are we going with this theory of the left being too gentlemanly to hit hard while the right plays dirty? 

I don't think I'm conflating the two at all.  I'm watching what happens in Congress and on the campaign trail.  I would say you'd have to go back to Rove and Gingrich, and probably farther, although at that point my experience fades into childhood.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Obamacare wasn't conciliatory.

The fuck it wasn't.

Neither are the constant reminders of how hateful we are not to embrace open borders or how racist we are when we don't embrace the feel-good( but keep the brownies down) politics of the left.

The leftist attitudes in our media and schools are certainly not collaborative and conciliatory.

Hey, if you're a racist, own it.  Not my fault.  The leftist attitudes in our media and schools are FAR superior to whatever shit it is that FOX and DeVos are peddling, so again, own your unAmerican values.  You're the ones dragging it all down.

The right has the votes to pass the SC nominee.  Now you fuckers are calling for 'meeting half-way?

What are you babbling about?  This is a prime example of my point.  If the left has any stones they'll do whatever they can to fuck with this nomination.  Will they succeed?  Hell no.  Fuck with it anyway. 

LOlz.  Fuck you.

Any time, my "friend".  Let me know when you're in town.

7 minutes ago, B00M said:

I really don't want to google "Schumer shitshow".. can you be a bit more specific? I thought he was going to do everything possible to resist anything the right put forward. The fact that this amounts to putting sensational headlines out there to rile up the base isn't really his fault.

His grandpa lecture on "civility" after Maxine Waters said what everyone in this country with a conscience was thinking.  

Gore had a very legitimate case.  That wasn't "dirty".

I think being more like Trump is exactly the way you beat Trump.  (Well, that and to a much greater degree getting out the vote.)  Being like Trump is definitely not the answer to fixing the country, but baby steps.

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This may or may not be true (how would you measure it?), but the problem is that 50% of the country thinks their side isn't fighting dirty enough.

Not trying to be #bothsides, but perception is reality--both teams think the other team is devoid of ideas and fights dirty.

When do those of us in the middle get our say?