Iowa State Game Kickoff Set

TrashMaster G

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Never mind, this is total bullshit.  In the past, we've always been able to get it on our own mirror in the state of Iowa.  Now it's LHN exclusive, 100%.

Just participate in the Surly game thread.  It's practically like being at the stadium. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Never mind, this is total bullshit.  In the past, we've always been able to get it on our own mirror in the state of Iowa.  Now it's LHN exclusive, 100%.

You fuckers better not leave us for dead in a couple of years. 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Just come down for the game.  There will be seats available.

I've never minded the game being on LHN.  Don't worry, I'm not turning full Aggy, I just don't get why we couldn't do the same thing we did in previous years.

I'd love to go, but will be in the field.  I'll be listening on the radio.  It just sucks for the bulk of our fanbase, especially when it was a pretty easy arrangement in the past.  The 2014 and 2016 were on LHN, but still easy enough for ISU fans to access.

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We always find one sucker to play along with us on the LHN. 

It didn't even really inconvenience our fans in the past, so I was always on board.

At the end of the day, it's a small price to pay for Big 12 tv contracts.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I've never minded the game being on LHN.  Don't worry, I'm not turning full Aggy, I just don't get why we couldn't do the same thing we did in previous years.

I'd love to go, but will be in the field.  I'll be listening on the radio.  It just sucks for the bulk of our fanbase, especially when it was a pretty easy arrangement in the past.  The 2014 and 2016 were on LHN, but still easy enough for ISU fans to access.

Why dont you let Del Conte know on his twitter thingy? Maybe he will make them throw out a mirror broadcast

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm with you on that. LHN is fucking terrible. 

I am actually surprised they chose this game and not Baylor. ISU projects to be better than Baylor and there would have been an outside chance this game might have garnered some national interest.  Baylor has a less of a chance to be good this year and no one cares that much about that game. Not sure if the school or the conference was the driving force, but expect that the game in Ames next year will be on Thursday night football as a result. 

1 hour ago, PencilPusher said:

I am actually surprised they chose this game and not Baylor. ISU projects to be better than Baylor and there would have been an outside chance this game might have garnered some national interest.  Baylor has a less of a chance to be good this year and no one cares that much about that game. Not sure if the school or the conference was the driving force, but expect that the game in Ames next year will be on Thursday night football as a result. 

I'm assuming (with 0% research) that Baylor generally pulls better TV numbers, regardless of play quality

Now days LHN is pretty easy to get outside of Texas so the ISU fans shouldn’t have any issues.  

Edit. Just go to the cable cutting thread for details.  

Edited by SDG

21 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It didn't even really inconvenience our fans in the past, so I was always on board.

At the end of the day, it's a small price to pay for Big 12 tv contracts.

There's plenty of time for them to make the decision to mirror in Iowa. I agree with the above poster that y'all should @ Del Conte on Twitter about it.

22 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I actually think the 'Clones have a better shot than others to remain in the power conference mix as the largest school in the state & AUU status...

15 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

I'm assuming (with 0% research) that Baylor generally pulls better TV numbers, regardless of play quality

Baylor's best rating last season was a .7 against OU.  Our game against them did not even register on the meter (on ESPN U, but still). If Baylor's good, they'll draw interest (our game in 2016 against them drew a 2.2 when they were at the time, ranked in the Top 10). If they suck, then they won't. You can make that assertion about any team in the Big 12 not named Texas or Oklahoma. 

Point being I think ISU will be better than Baylor, perhaps significantly so. If both TX and ISU are ranked in November, the Big 12 will probably rue the fact they let LHN early pick this game for the network. Guess we will see. 

48 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

Point being I think ISU will be better than Baylor, perhaps significantly so. If both TX and ISU are ranked in November, the Big 12 will probably rue the fact they let LHN early pick this game for the network. Guess we will see. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this a situation where ESPN early picked and then LHN selected from the early picked games?  My point being that ISU fans crying about LHN is misplaced here, right?

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2018 at 10:19 PM, Ace000087 said:

I'll be at DKR decked out in my Cyclone gear.  But I still wouldn't mind knowing the decisions for which Texas games that are on the LHN.  Why didn't they pick any other game? 

Even though I expect UT to win this game by about 16 points, I still root for ISU in most other conference contest... #InCy'dThe MindOfMadman...

CDgHq2O.gif

On 6/29/2018 at 10:52 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

I don't really mind Gallindo but I would much prefer they use Craig Way and the radio broadcast on all LHN live telecasts.

I was able to sync last year, forget how i did it now.  I recall it taking some rigging, but about half the game i had it correct.