Surly Horns Stampede To Tuscaloosa

immamac

34 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

If anyone has a bunch of Hilton points, the Embassy Suites University just opened up at 60K/night; cash rate is $2K so it’s a phenomenal value for points….

They have a BOGO on points right now too if need to buy some. 60k points when I looked up was ~$300 under the deal

If anyone has a bunch of Hilton points, the Embassy Suites University just opened up at 60K/night; cash rate is $2K so it’s a phenomenal value for points….
Thanks for posting this. I was booked with points for the Hampton Inn East but changed my reservation to the Embassy.

37 minutes ago, Assman said:
1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Thanks for posting this. I was booked with points for the Hampton Inn East but changed my reservation to the Embassy.

That’s probably the best  hotel there and in a great location.  The Alamite (Nick Saban’s hotel) across the street is also pretty nice and has a cool bar on the top floor

1 hour ago, Assman said:
2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Hah I made exactly the same move. See you at the manager’s Happy Hour on Friday!

• Haha 1

Pulled the trigger on 2 this morning, Section MM row 3 from seat geek. Just got a text from Alabama ticket office reminding me to download tkts. The Bama ticket office directs to Seat geek. This tells me it's not a sell out and may be the reason tkt prices are dropping due to the number of tkts the athletic office have available on seat geek. Just FYI, if you wait til gameday to purchase, I would try the stadium ticket office..there is a good chance you'll find face value tickets there!

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, joebevo said:

Pulled the trigger on 2 this morning, Section MM row 3 from seat geek. Just got a text from Alabama ticket office reminding me to download tkts. The Bama ticket office directs to Seat geek. This tells me it's not a sell out and may be the reason tkt prices are dropping due to the number of tkts the athletic office have available on seat geek. Just FYI, if you wait til gameday to purchase, I would try the stadium ticket office..there is a good chance you'll find face value tickets there!

What? 

32 minutes ago, joebevo said:

I had my eye on those, but wanted a little higher up, so further back in the section. 

54 minutes ago, joebevo said:

Are we going to be sitting next to each other?? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/4/2023 at 8:12 PM, CashMcCoy said:

Still haven’t gotten my mobile tickets delivered from the SeatGeek seller. Anyone else buy though there and already receive theirs? Need all the ammo I can get with their bullshit customer service reps. I despise this company. No clue why every school decided to bail on StubHub for them as their official marketplace.

I just got an email from Seat Geek saying they learned my ticket wouldn't work and I'd have to get a refund.  So now I'm starting over. Pretty annoying.

8 minutes ago, fellside said:

I just got an email from Seat Geek saying they learned my ticket wouldn't work and I'd have to get a refund.  So now I'm starting over. Pretty annoying.

Sheesh at least you know now. I’d rather just get a refund at this point since prices have dropped. My impatient ass definitely learned my lesson in buying tickets like this too early in the offseason.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bama fan here - I am selling two lower level tickets in the corner where visitors sit (seems most Texas fans have purchased in that area). Section N8, Row 42. These are in the corner on the Texas team sideline. These are going for $400-500 before fees on SeatGeek and more on Ticketmaster. Would be willing to sell for $350 per and can instant transfer by phone or email. These are my season tickets, and I will be using some others Saturday. Hope this is OK to post here. 

Also - glad to answer any other questions you all may have about Tuscaloosa, parking, dining, gameday, etc. We are looking forward to welcoming another Blue Blood to town. Weather looks to be incredible. Hope you all have a nice trip if you're traveling. 

Edited by NashTide
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Bama fan here - I am selling two lower level tickets in the corner where visitors sit (seems most Texas fans have purchased in that area). Section N8, Row 42. These are in the corner on the Texas team sideline. These are going for $400-500 before fees on SeatGeek and more on Ticketmaster. Would be willing to sell for $350 per and can instant transfer by phone or email. These are my season tickets, and I will be using some others Saturday. Hope this is OK to post here. 

Also - glad to answer any other questions you all may have about Tuscaloosa, parking, dining, gameday, etc. We are looking forward to welcoming another Blue Blood to town. Weather looks to be incredible. Hope you all have a nice trip if you're traveling. 

Welcome to the shitshow. Happy to act as a verification for any transaction that goes down here. This seems like a good deal. 

Where should we meet Friday night for a group of 60+?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Welcome to the shitshow. Happy to act as a verification for any transaction that goes down here. This seems like a good deal. 

I'm hearing about a lot of fraud happening right now with these P2P transactions for this game.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Ha. I should say the same for you all if you are coming into town this weekend re: the shit show! Will be fun, I promise you that. I think it will rival the 2011 LSU game (Game of the Century Number Whatever). We had 40,000 people in town who *weren't* going to the game, and if you've ever been to Tuscaloosa, you can imagine the logistical nightmare that was. This could rival that.

Thanks for offering to validate the sale - I can provide my cell number via PM for anyone interested and glad to hop on a call to prove I am real. Not trying to make much on these and willing to sell a little below FMV. Just want to sell them and thought UT fans would like to sit near their folks. My seats are immediately to the right of the traditional visitor section downstairs. You are sort of staring at the corner of the visitors sideline if that makes sense. 

For Friday night, 60 is a lot of people. If you are looking for a bar, I would avoid The Strip which is the main area along University Blvd. It will be a mad house. Go downtown instead. The Strip tends to cater to a younger crowd while Downtown is a little more chill. My favorite personal bar is Innisfree (expect to pay a lofty cover, but that is prob true anywhere that weekend). For casual bar/dining, Avenue Pub is great - I can make some recs on what to eat. Mellow Mushroom pizza has a bar area and decent food. I am a big fan of FIVE restaurant, though their bar area may be a bit small for your crowd. Other downtown bars are Rhythm and Brews, Copper Top, and Tavern 1831. I'd walk around in that area. If you need other dining recs, hit me up. 

2 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I'm hearing about a lot of fraud happening right now with these P2P transactions for this game.

Glad to validate by phone and can send screen shots of tickets to anyone interested with specific seat numbers and row. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Ha. I should say the same for you all if you are coming into town this weekend re: the shit show! Will be fun, I promise you that. I think it will rival the 2011 LSU game (Game of the Century Number Whatever). We had 40,000 people in town who *weren't* going to the game, and if you've ever been to Tuscaloosa, you can imagine the logistical nightmare that was. This could rival that.

Thanks for offering to validate the sale - I can provide my cell number via PM for anyone interested and glad to hop on a call to prove I am real. Not trying to make much on these and willing to sell a little below FMV. Just want to sell them and thought UT fans would like to sit near their folks. My seats are immediately to the right of the traditional visitor section downstairs. You are sort of staring at the corner of the visitors sideline if that makes sense. 

For Friday night, 60 is a lot of people. If you are looking for a bar, I would avoid The Strip which is the main area along University Blvd. It will be a mad house. Go downtown instead. The Strip tends to cater to a younger crowd while Downtown is a little more chill. My favorite personal bar is Innisfree (expect to pay a lofty cover, but that is prob true anywhere that weekend). For casual bar/dining, Avenue Pub is great - I can make some recs on what to eat. Mellow Mushroom pizza has a bar area and decent food. I am a big fan of FIVE restaurant, though their bar area may be a bit small for your crowd. Other downtown bars are Rhythm and Brews, Copper Top, and Tavern 1831. I'd walk around in that area. If you need other dining recs, hit me up. 

Glad to validate by phone and can send screen shots of tickets to anyone interested with specific seat numbers and row. 

Nocturnal Tavern is a pretty cool little bar in that area.  It can be a little hard to find.

Just now, Assman said:
22 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Where does the 30+ crowd hang? Is the strip generally college-aged whereas downtown is alumni?

I always say the people who can drink legally go downtown, and the people who drink with fake IDs go to the Strip. The Strip will have plenty of eye candy, but expect long lines and it can get a little "rough" the later in the night it gets. Strip has more of a frat/sorority/college vibe. I would park somewhere downtown and just plan to bar/restaurant hop there. Plenty of fun to be had down there and some really good restaurants (for Tuscaloosa). 

5 minutes ago, NashTide said:

I always say the people who can drink legally go downtown, and the people who drink with fake IDs go to the Strip. The Strip will have plenty of eye candy, but expect long lines and it can get a little "rough" the later in the night it gets. Strip has more of a frat/sorority/college vibe. I would park somewhere downtown and just plan to bar/restaurant hop there. Plenty of fun to be had down there and some really good restaurants (for Tuscaloosa). 

Is there a Chinese buffet we can take over? Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 5

After a quick Google Maps study, it looks like downtown and the strip are 1 street away from each other? We're staying at the Embassy Suites which is definitely within stumbling distance to either.

11 minutes ago, Assman said:
17 minutes ago, NashTide said:

After a quick Google Maps study, it looks like downtown and the strip are 1 street away from each other? We're staying at the Embassy Suites which is definitely within stumbling distance to either.

Can be a little confusing, as University Blvd is "The Strip" but only a certain district. That road goes all the way to downtown but theyre distinct areas. If you google the Waffle House on University and then move from that east toward the stadium, that is the area known as The Strip. Theyre appx 3/4 a mile or a mile apart. Easy 10-15 min walk if you are at Embassy Suites. It may be worth walking down to the Strip just to see the "fun" in person, but it wont get going until closer to midnight. 

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is there a Chinese buffet we can take over? Asking for a friend. 

Best I can do is Hokkaido hibachi bar! :)

Japanese, but....potato-puh tah toe. 

5 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Can be a little confusing, as University Blvd is "The Strip" but only a certain district. That road goes all the way to downtown but theyre distinct areas. If you google the Waffle House on University and then move from that east toward the stadium, that is the area known as The Strip. Theyre appx 3/4 a mile or a mile apart. Easy 10-15 min walk if you are at Embassy Suites. It may be worth walking down to the Strip just to see the "fun" in person, but it wont get going until closer to midnight. 

2 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Best I can do is Hokkaido hibachi bar! :)

Japanese, but....potato-puh tah toe. 

This place looks perfect for us. LOL

25 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Where do you mean when you say "downtown"?  I've never been clear on that.  Is it the "entertainment district" (in which, by the way, you can walk around with alcohol)?

Edit:  I see that question was answered while I was busy composing mine

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

This place looks perfect for us. LOL

Yep. Rabbit Hole is an interesting place. Several little local spots but theyre all tiny. If your group goes down that way, other than just walking around, try Buffalo Phil's and the Houndstooth. Both a little bigger places. 

1 minute ago, atxchillin said:

hate travelling across the country to sit in the corner of the upper deck.  thinking of just getting tix in the endzone N4.  think it will be less fun?  

Upper deck is gonna be rowdy af and the trip is going to be less about the game than it is about the whole day Saturday. I wouldn't overpay for lower bowl tickets it won't have a big impact on your experience and the majority of Texas fans are going to be upper deck since that's where ticket allotment went. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NashTide said:

Yep. Rabbit Hole is an interesting place. Several little local spots but theyre all tiny. If your group goes down that way, other than just walking around, try Buffalo Phil's and the Houndstooth. Both a little bigger places. 

I like Buffalo Phil's.  When we go see our daughter for games we usually pre game there but you'll have to get there early.  Whatever the posted opening time is, get there an hour earlier because that is actually when they open (but be earlier than that). 

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Upper deck is gonna be rowdy af and the trip is going to be less about the game than it is about the whole day Saturday. I wouldn't overpay for lower bowl tickets it won't have a big impact on your experience and the majority of Texas fans are going to be upper deck since that's where ticket allotment went. 

We can migrate to the 50 yard line after those people leave in the 4th quarter when we are blowing them out.

• Hook 'Em 2

hate travelling across the country to sit in the corner of the upper deck.  thinking of just getting tix in the endzone N4.  think it will be less fun?  
I'm with you. I'd rather sit down low amongst the enemy but my buddy was hell bent on sitting near allies to avoid fights. My last 2 road games were Notre Dame and Cal and I remember maybe the first quarter of each so I'm guessing it really won't matter where I sit.
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, atxchillin said:

The sideline upper decks are fine. I would avoid anything above row 15 in end zone upper deck if possible. Very high up. 

33 minutes ago, Assman said:
51 minutes ago, atxchillin said:

I'm with you. I'd rather sit down low amongst the enemy but my buddy was hell bent on sitting near allies to avoid fights. My last 2 road games were Notre Dame and Cal and I remember maybe the first quarter of each so I'm guessing it really won't matter where I sit.

I checked some youtube videos and can't even spot the visitor sections so I feel like there will be hillbillies in every section.  Pulled the trigger on N4.

• Pancho unpinned this topic