Tell me about ou

Texas007

13 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Your 5 year old is not a pro athlete making millions per year.  Talk about a retarded comparison.....

Jesus.

These guys can't both pro athletes making millions per year on one hand and "a child"  on the other hand.

Can Okies be both sports fans and mature adults at the same time?

I think what you're missing here is that these kids aren't professional athletes being paid to perform. They're college students being paid for their Name, Image, and Likeness. They aren't actually being paid to play football. They're just having avenues to being paid large sums of money opened up to them because they play football. In the end, they're still very much kids and I would credit any kid for seeking counsel from a close family member in matter of great importance such as these. I wouldn't attack the father's business reputation because he is aiding his child in looking out for his best interests.

But, you do you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This guy is likely the same age as Wemby and Scott Henderson.  If they stiffed a team and said "talk to my dad," the national media would roast him.

They wouldn't defend the dad saying he was protecting "his child." 

To make it easy, I just went ahead and negged your stanning bullshit of your okie brethren. I got tired of the okie credo of “everyone is doing it, so we got to do it too” in order to justify all of the cheating bullshit in the past. I knew you’d come back with a mealey mouthed argument to further support your dumb fucking take. I hope you keep doing it. 

Negging you is all I have online. In person, I’d happily punch you in the face and then projectile vomit on your okie kin trying to come to your dipshitted defense of this kind of shit. The okie rationalizing of corruption grew old decades ago. Shit like this is a blight on the sport of college football.

Stick with stories about whores. You at least add some value there. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

For better or for worse, college sports is like pro sports now but with fewer guardrails.  The kid's dad was acting as his effective agent and did not act in good faith.  If Rich Paul or Kawhi's uncle owned a series of sports bars in their respective cities, then you can most definitely expect them to be boycotted after their respective players left, fair or not.  

We may not like it but that's the way it is now.  In the "before times," you could say a college player doesn't owe anything to the fans but it's different now.  Maybe the dad can get more money from Missouri to cover his losses.  

So, yeah, a player and his family are now pro athletes and they need to be worried about PR, just like pro athletes are.  "His child" is now a professional athlete.

None of this excuses what your fan base has done or who they are. I’m so glad you’re my enemy. You are collectively worthy of disdain. This is what happens when people have literally nothing to live for without sports. It does not get more insecure or pathetic. I do know some OU fans who are ashamed. There aren’t nearly enough of them, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, statsman said:

How did he “stiff” OU? Did he not honor a commitment? Does he owe them something? What do you mean? What did Green do wrong? Other than make a decision where he prioritized his personal self interest over Venables’?

He was under a one year NIL contract and approached OU for more money.  They got him what he wanted.  He then went silent.  A coach was driving by the dorm and saw him moving boxes.  Coach asked what’s up.  All he’d say is “talk to my dad.”  Regardless of age, that’s a shitty way to handle a negotiation.  Also, just the previous day, he was at practice and everything was fine.  OU could sue for tampering if there were any guardrails to this.

Hope it works out for the “child” and his dad but I suspect the dad will be omnipresent even in the NFL.

I don’t agree with sandbagging the dad’s business but these guys are pro athletes now and the consequences are different.

• Fuck You 2

I don’t agree with sandbagging the dad’s business”

That’s all you had to say. 

these guys are pro athletes now and the consequences are different.”

We’re talking about the University of Oklahoma. The only thing that has changed since the last seven decades is that now, your competition is paying, too, and you’re struggling to keep up. (Can you imagine if there had been a transfer portal for Marcus DuPree? He almost certainly would have ended up at A&M). 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3

It’s funny. I watched the2019 RRS at a Sooner friend’s house, 80% of the attendees were Sooners. After they got a little liquored up, the Sooners started explaining to me how the world worked. 

“OU is going to be in the SEC before long. On the SEC message boards, they say that’s where we belong”

“The SEC doesn’t want Texas. No one does. That LHN is an albatross and nobody will put up with that”. 

That was a terrific move, by OU, to the SEC. They have managed to join a conference where every school has been willing to pay and enter bidding wars, for years. OU considers Texas as its recruiting territory, and will now only play 1 to 1 1/2 games in Texas each year (not appreciably more than any other SEC school besides Texas and TAMU). 

I’m sure that OU expects to prosper, because they just have more winning-ness and football-ery than the other SEC schools. Sooner magic!

Bold move. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He was under a one year NIL contract and approached OU for more money.  They got him what he wanted.  He then went silent.  A coach was driving by the dorm and saw him moving boxes.  Coach asked what’s up.  All he’d say is “talk to my dad.”  Regardless of age, that’s a shitty way to handle a negotiation.  Also, just the previous day, he was at practice and everything was fine.  OU could sue for tampering if there were any guardrails to this.

Hope it works out for the “child” and his dad but I suspect the dad will be omnipresent even in the NFL.

I don’t agree with sandbagging the dad’s business but these guys are pro athletes now and the consequences are different.

Instead of owning the worst post in the history of the interwebs you’re quadrupling down

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Instead of owning the worst post in the history of the interwebs you’re quadrupling down

Look, when you're a Sooner you don't just fuck your sister once. You don't suck that meth pipe once and never touch it again. You fucking quadruple down. You make it your goal to be the best sister-fucker you can be. You set your sights on sucking as many glass dicks as you possibly can before they shove your rotting carcass in the ground behind the truck stop/dispensary/dentist office. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Look, when you're a Sooner you don't just fuck your sister once. You don't suck that meth pipe once and never touch it again. You fucking quadruple down. You make it your goal to be the best sister-fucker you can be. You set your sights on sucking as many glass dicks as you possibly can before they shove your rotting carcass in the ground behind the truck stop/dispensary/dentist office. 

All about making your other sister/aunt mad.  I get it

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

@ChiTownDoc   Yours?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I can’t keep up.  Wtf is going on here?  And hell no to any real money going to NIL.  Adult men dropping bags for kids to play football for their favorite team.  LOL

Your kin folk thinks it’s ok for ou fans to go after Green’s business because his kid portaled to mizzou 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Your kin folk thinks it’s ok for ou fans to go after Green’s business because his kid portaled to mizzou 

Yeah, it's the kid's choice.  CFB is becoming the pros.  Glad back when I gave a shit it was a little better.  Not to say I don't enjoy it, I just don't let it ruin my day when some kid does what kid's do.   Or in this case what an adult would do - take the better deal, financially

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

If I schedule a surgery for someone and they end up choosing another surgeon after I've put in all that work, after they acted all interested in my work at our last visit,  after I reserved time on my limited OR schedule for them, I usually go out of my way to lie about their family so as to ruin their family business. Because professional blah blah blah. Some people need to push back from the keyboard and take time to reflect on what they've chosen to defend. Really.

Notice for Sooners and aggy who might have missed it: this post contains sarcasm.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

If I schedule a surgery for someone and they end up choosing another surgeon after I've put in all that work, after they acted all interested in my work at our last visit,  after I reserved time on my limited OR schedule for them, I usually go out of my way to lie about their family so as to ruin their family business. Because professional blah blah blah. Some people need to push back from the keyboard and take time to reflect on what they've chosen to defend. Really.

Notice for Sooners and aggy who might have missed it: this post contains sarcasm.

No you don't. 

You send that guy's insurance an itemized bill adding up to $12,000 but then settle with them for like 400 bucks. At least that's what my doctors do... 

image.thumb.png.eeb672949b3aeec14688178e1b3b33e4.png

On 12/23/2023 at 4:10 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

Just reread this.  Sue for damages?  Consequences are different?   Awful

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/23/2023 at 8:10 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

“sue for tampering”

I don’t think you understand how this works. One program doesn’t contact or “tamper” with a player on another roster. A coach doesn’t, either. That would be stupid and unnecessary. 

There are “portal agents”. We don’t know their names. The coaches and players absolutely do. The portal agents communicate with coaches (lots of them) and players (lots of them). 

This is going to shock the hell out of you, but Venables and his staff are talking to portal agents right now, too, trying to get the word to players that they have playing time and NIL opportunities for them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/23/2023 at 12:01 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

I can’t keep up.  Wtf is going on here?  And hell no to any real money going to NIL.  Adult men dropping bags for kids to play football for their favorite team.  LOL

This is literally how OU built a program. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

This is literally how OU built a program. 

Yes. Saying I have money and dgaf.  Not me was the point of the post. The program, sure.  aggy also traditionally has thrown a lot of money at football w bags etc.  It doesn’t guarantee dick.  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes. Saying I have money and dgaf.  Not me was the point of the post. The program, sure.  aggy also traditionally has thrown a lot of money at football w bags etc.  It doesn’t guarantee dick.  

That fair. 

I’ve always said that OU cheats but at least had trophies to show for it. A&M has Trans-Ams at other schools. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

There is nothing greater than reading about ou fans complaining about current legal roster contacts, and payments, that they did when it was illegal, but now that it is legal…. they are unable to compete!!!!

Organizations built to operate under Black Market conditions rarely maintain their position as that market sector is legalized. Free markets require very different skill sets. 

• Hook 'Em 5

57 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Organizations built to operate under Black Market conditions rarely maintain their position as that market sector is legalized. Free markets require very different skill sets. 

One very good reason Dabo is struggling at Clempson.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think our ask of you is like no matter who turns your ass down you don’t believe that canceling their dad’s business is ok. Own that

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think our ask of you is like no matter who turns your ass down you don’t believe that canceling their dad’s business is ok. Own that

I don’t own any of it, you dumbfuck.  Not that shit.  Not Mixon. Not the titles. Figured you knew by now I care about me.  Not OU and not Texas.  Probably like most assholes who made a lot of money betting on themselves.  

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t own any of it, you dumbfuck.  Not that shit.  Not Mixon. Not the titles. Figured you knew by now I care about me.  Not OU and not Texas.  Probably like most assholes who made a lot of money betting on themselves.  

Dumb fuck?  Fuck off.  Your brethren is here canceling daddy’s business.  Yea you’re rich. Congrats. Point is be a good human. 

you could be worth 8 bucks or 8 billion. Someone at Texas has more money than you.  My ask of you is to say “cancelling. Dad’s business because someone left ou” isn’t cool.  That’s the ask.  

Edited by closetohumping

Just now, closetohumping said:

Dumb fuck?  Fuck off.  Your brethren is here canceling daddy’s business.  Yea you’re rich. Congrats. Point is be a good human. 

I am a good human.  That's why I don't contribute a penny to OU football.  Get with it. 

17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Guy’s a complete douche.  And his team sucks now.  Ignore him.

He’s the best land thief here. All he had to say was “yea cancelling Al’s shop ain’t cool just cuz his son went to mizzou is not ok”. Instead I’m called poor and dumb by some guy that went to ou 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2