Tell me about ou

Texas007

On 2/25/2024 at 7:30 AM, South Austin said:

He’s a vegetable (he’s a vegetable)
He’s a vegetable (you're a vegetable)
Still they hate him (still they hate him)
He’s a vegetable (he’s a vegetable)
He’s just a buffet (he’s just a buffet, he’s a vegetable)
He’s vegetable (he’s a vegetable)
They eat off of him (they eat off of him, you're a vegetable)
He’s a vegetable, ow!

It's something Tyrone can dance to

tyroneDance.gif.390196a38870a9883ea95040e3bed783.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I guess?  Oddly softball ratings smash volleyball.  Not that the masses are correct.  But it’s an opinion and softball blows away women’s volleyball as far as most people’s opinion.  

‘The volleyball championship match between Kentucky and Texas averaged 696,000 viewers, up 28% from 2019.’

‘The average number of viewers for the three championship final games between Oklahoma and Florida State was a record 1,840,000, up 15% over 2019. The average for the 17-game WCWS was 1,203,000, up 10% over 2019 and numbers comparable to those from the men's College World Series in 2019.’

“To each his own”, the lady said, as she kissed the cow. 

I mean, one sport is tawny, lithe amazons and the other is chunky gals trying to move like men. But, if that’s your thing…

Edited by statsman

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I guess?  Oddly softball ratings smash volleyball.  Not that the masses are correct.  But it’s an opinion and softball blows away women’s volleyball as far as most people’s opinion.  

‘The volleyball championship match between Kentucky and Texas averaged 696,000 viewers, up 28% from 2019.’

‘The average number of viewers for the three championship final games between Oklahoma and Florida State was a record 1,840,000, up 15% over 2019. The average for the 17-game WCWS was 1,203,000, up 10% over 2019 and numbers comparable to those from the men's College World Series in 2019.’

This is mainly due to the timing. Volleyball natty is less than a week before Christmas sandwiched between CBB, NFL, bowl games, & NBA. The promotion for volleyball in general suffers because of this.

WCWS is early June only competing with College Baseball and the worst part of the MLB season. 

Nobody can convince me softball is a better watch than volleyball. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 11:00 PM, A’Dam Psycho said:

blOU fans still haven’t realized that Vegetables is a fraud and watching them call for his head after they struggle to get to 7 wins will be glorious 

Just like Herman in 2018, this past 10 win season will be the biggest wool over OU fans eyes in the burnt vegetables era and I'm all for it. OU is expected to finish 7-5 this coming season.

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Just like Herman in 2018, this past 10 win season will be the biggest wool over OU fans eyes in the burnt vegetables era and I'm all for it. OU is expected to finish 7-5 this coming season.

My favorite part is how entitled they are. Their feelings are hurt because nobody has them finishing top 5 in the SEC this year. 

Dominating a po-dunk conference that bent over backwards to help them out because they were the foil to mean ole Texas really has gone to their heads. 

9 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

My favorite part is how entitled they are. Their feelings are hurt because nobody has them finishing top 5 in the SEC this year. 

Dominating a po-dunk conference that bent over backwards to help them out because they were the foil to mean ole Texas really has gone to their heads. 

It’s one thing to believe you’re gonna do better than 7.5 wins, it’s another to bitch and moan about the line and call it a “slap in the face”. I mean is Oklahoma fans penciling in Tenn and Auburn on the road as sure wins? Both those games feel like toss ups to me.

On 3/6/2024 at 11:23 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s odd. My personal rankings of importance have been football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, women’s basketball and softball are pretty much tied then who gives a shit about the rest 

• 2 weeks later...

Considering moving the basketball program not only off campus but out of Norman. Maybe build in Moore and change the mascot to the Toby Keith’s. It seems to me that colleges that play off campus are always looking for ways to build on campus. Never seen it the other way around. Might be the dumbest idea ever.

image.thumb.png.b93138a49574e29301631acce5aa6279.png

https://www.oudaily.com/news/joseph-harroz-entertainment-district-nil-dei-intercollegiate-athletics/article_7d877730-f13f-11ee-afca-4b7bf6bfb248.html

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

Considering moving the basketball program not only off campus but out of Norman. ... Might be the dumbest idea ever.

This idea is dumber than a mud fence. The population in Moore is roughly half of that in Norman. 

On 3/7/2024 at 8:05 AM, A’Dam Psycho said:

Nobody can convince me softball is a better watch than volleyball. 

Oh, not even close.  Volleyball is one of the best women's sports, imo, along with gymnastics, tennis, and soccer.

10 minutes ago, n64ra said:

If a stadium move screws up OU athletics, I'm all for it. Also, my knowledge of Oklahoma geography is near zero, and I'm gonna keep it that way.

I can help you out here. In the middle of the state is the capital, Oklahoma City, whose downtown has several midrise buildings surrounding a massive phallic tower in the middle, which makes it look like the city is giving you the finger, or wants you to stare at its boner. Either way, it's quite off putting. About 20 miles south is a town called Moore, where Toby Keith was born, which is almost certainly why god tries to wipe it off the map every few years with tornadoes. Just south of there is Norman, where the University of Oklahoma was founded, and who in all their wisdom decided to reverse the letters in their abbreviation, something that nobody noticed for about a hundred years, because most people down there can barely read. Nevertheless, they cheated and got good at football and that's about all there is to know about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, n64ra said:

If a stadium move screws up OU athletics, I'm all for it. Also, my knowledge of Oklahoma geography is near zero, and I'm gonna keep it that way.

I mean what sucks is ou and ou is what sucks but them putting a basketball stadium in Moore isn't going to fuck them up.  Those Gaylords pretty much only care about football Ohio State style and I don't see them building a football stadium off campus.

17 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Also remember

Boomer Sooner = Squatter Cheater

It is amazing that they are so proud of their stealing of Native American's land that their slogan exemplifies not one but two of those incidents.

Boomers were people who lobbied for the lands to be opened (and raided into them illegally) before passage of the Indian Appropriations Act of 1889. Sooners were Boomers who snuck into the region to scout and claim the prime quarter-mile tracts before the official noon opening on April 22, 1889.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/4/2024 at 3:14 PM, 'stache said:

I can help you out here. In the middle of the state is the capital, Oklahoma City, whose downtown has several midrise buildings surrounding a massive phallic tower in the middle, which makes it look like the city is giving you the finger, or wants you to stare at its boner. Either way, it's quite off putting. About 20 miles south is a town called Moore, where Toby Keith was born, which is almost certainly why god tries to wipe it off the map every few years with tornadoes. Just south of there is Norman, where the University of Oklahoma was founded, and who in all their wisdom decided to reverse the letters in their abbreviation, something that nobody noticed for about a hundred years, because most people down there can barely read. Nevertheless, they cheated and got good at football and that's about all there is to know about that. 

Kind of nails it.  And they can move the bball team to Tulsa for all anyone cares.  There was some level of support, then the Thunder came and they have to have a Trae Young like player just to fill half the arena.  Also, Moore high alum here - fun fact, most of my class that went to college (insert joke here) went to OSU.  Wasn't really a rivalry back then.  Not sure it is now, but from what I read in the press it sure seems like more of one today vs the 90's.  I don't wanna go back to find out.  

TLDR: OUsux

On 4/3/2024 at 9:44 AM, 'stache said:

Considering moving the basketball program not only off campus but out of Norman. Maybe build in Moore and change the mascot to the Toby Keith’s. It seems to me that colleges that play off campus are always looking for ways to build on campus. Never seen it the other way around. Might be the dumbest idea ever.

image.thumb.png.b93138a49574e29301631acce5aa6279.png

https://www.oudaily.com/news/joseph-harroz-entertainment-district-nil-dei-intercollegiate-athletics/article_7d877730-f13f-11ee-afca-4b7bf6bfb248.html

The Toby Keith's what?

Ok, this is a guilty pleasure. There is an OU podcast from their On3 site. I occasionally check their synopsis/schedule to see if there is any to listen to. It’s been fun, because they are struggling in this new era of NIL and portal transfers. Evidently, Royal was right when he said that if Texas ever started buying players, other schools couldn’t keep up. There is a running theme about how unfair that other programs “tamper” to get theirs to transfer, that Venables is too honorable to buy players. 

Whatever gets you through the night, I guess. 

Anyeay, this is worth listening to, from the 20 minute to the 40 minute mark. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/oklahoma-sooners-unofficial-40/id1114209557?i=1000652074369

The podcasters report that Jackson Arnold is looking rough, which is a problem, because their hopes all depend on him being terrific, and right away. 

These are the factors and variables they have to kick around…

-could Arnold not be ready yet (it being unthinkable that he won’t be all that)?

-could the OL suck? Or maybe it needs more time to gel?

-The Mich State transfer, Brown, is running with the second team, and they were really counting on him. That’s not supposed to happen!

-will there be more OL (especially a center) in the portal?

-Maybe the defense is just amazing?

Edited by statsman
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Colorado changed $10 per person in 2023 and sold over47,000 tickets

Totally different scenario

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

47,000 Sooner fans ain't showing up to see Brent Venables standing on the sidelines.

Exactly. People will pay to see Prime, not Burnt Vegetables