Survive the Raft

Texzilla58

Sundays on Discovery. From Nate Boyer who does interesting things.

Based on a social experiment from 73 where 10 strangers were put by on a raft to sail from the Canary Islands to the West Indies on a big raft.

Looks interesting. The contestants are a diverse mix of folks socially and politically but have to work as a team to win as individuals. Could have fucking, murder, treachery.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Based on a social experiment from 73 where 10 strangers were put by on a raft to sail from the Canary Islands to the West Indies on a big raft.

That seems like one hell of a social experiment. 

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Sundays on Discovery. From Nate Boyer who does interesting things.

Looks interesting. The contestants are a diverse mix of folks socially and politically but have to work as a team to win as individuals. Could have fucking, murder, treachery.

Are these the same producers who do Naked and Afraid? The newest one with the challenge type element was the best it’s been in a while.

I think it’s it’s own society. If you get rid of a player a new one arrives. To win more $ the team has to win. However if you want to sell an annoying chick to some pirates that’s ok but you might get a Rosie O’Donnell as a replacement. So unsellable, so you gotta murder her. Great fun!

In a real situation, I think I would just keep my mouth shut, do the right thing, and work hard. That might also include throwing a punk overboard and sleeping with my eyes open. 

But that doesn’t make very good TV. Or does it?

In a real situation, I think I would just keep my mouth shut, do the right thing, and work hard. That might also include throwing a punk overboard and sleeping with my eyes open. 

But that doesn’t make very good TV. Or does it?

Some of the women look hot. Kill the men. Bang the women. Win the game.

Based on this first episode it looks like the scenario will be this raft becomes a floating shitville denied entry to every port.

I expect murder but no hooking up. They need to off the vegan who is repulsed by the celebration of death when they catch a fish. She’s the most annoying so far.

I gave it a shot.  I loved the concept; hated the political/drama aspect.  (And, yes, I know what the show was originally based upon.)  

It mystifies me that folks on this can’t seem to just shut the fuck up and focus on the end goal. They either win as a team or lose as individuals. Everyone had to “represent”. Every word is a trap teeing one up for criticism. I think the hillbilly dude is a plant with instructions by the producers to stir shit up. As long as they insist on a “team” without leaders they will forget about the money to fuck with each other.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I gave it a shot.  I loved the concept; hated the political/drama aspect.  (And, yes, I know what the show was originally based upon.)  

It's what I hate about Discovery Channel. They have all these great show concepts that would work without manufactured drama yet they insist on it and it just ruins it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

They picked the cast specifically to create drama and conflict instead of folks that are built for teamwork. I’d much rather see some former military folks, team athletes, etc who know how to focus on commonalities to make the team work. Instead it’s just constant arguing. I didn’t know the word “give” was insulting. I don’t hate you because you’re black. I hate you because you’re an insufferable miserable cunt.

• Hook 'Em 2

They picked the cast specifically to create drama and conflict instead of folks that are built for teamwork. I’d much rather see some former military folks, team athletes, etc who know how to focus on commonalities to make the team work. Instead it’s just constant arguing. I didn’t know the word “give” was insulting. I don’t hate you because you’re black. I hate you because you’re an insufferable miserable cunt.

Most of the voting people off shows or cash grab shows are like this. It is a tired concept. A straightforward task or watching people pull in the same direction for a common goal is what makes sports fun.

But I suppose I am not the target audience.
  • Hook 'Em 1

When Nate Boyer was on GMFB last week pimping the show, it looked like a show that would be focused on team building to a goal and it sounded different, as they had to team up or fail. Instead it looks like the same old same old, and they’ll split into tribal lines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a couple episodes in, but so far these morons wanting to keep everything the same the whole time is pretty stupid. You have the option to get rid of cunts or you can rot with them for more days.

I would be voting bitches out every other day. They needed to cut old Summer and Lashanna ASAP.

Fat boy and protest slut are teetering on needing to be booted as well.

Were it a real survival situation instead of a kumbahyah outing all of these folks would be dead. CJ is an idiot but their blind allegiance to their dictatorship of diversity social justice is tiresome. Not voting off the weak because one is a Syrian or one is an annoying vegan or other marginalized group instead of keeping new stronger folks just fucks the show up. Why no one took $50k secretly when it’s doubtful the final share will be that much is just stupidity.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 5:07 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I’d much rather see some former military folks, team athletes, etc who know how to focus on commonalities to make the team work.

There was a show like this 20 years ago. A bunch of former special ops guys competing to see which team could do certain "missions" the best. It was a bunch of alpha male dick measuring, so dumb. 

I just looked it up, it was called "Combat Missions" on USA (is that even a network now?)