EPL 2023/24: Oil, Money and Power

Captain Ron

On 4/24/2024 at 1:40 PM, mdmost said:

The motion passed today meaning it will be voted on at the annual general meeting in June. I don't know what the vote was. It needed 14 votes to pass today. What I heard was:

No: Man City, ManU, Villa

Abstain: Chelsea

But there could have been 1 or 2 other clubs to vote against this.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I didn't realize ARS likely bottled the title with that Villa loss. 

If City closes it out they'll have gone 6 of 7 which has never happened in the English first division. 

ARS bottled the title when they lost West Ham on 12/28 and lost to Fulham on NYE.  Losing to a T4 side is going to happen here and there, losing both and at not least drawing with one of those two teams is the points killer for us.

Eh, City has shown the ability to f around and pull out a draw. The problem is they have no more quality teams left so you have to hope Fulham jumps up at home. I doubt Spurs will put up much of an effort. That club looks more tired than Liverpool. West Ham is done as well. Arsenal sadly get to experience what Liverpool has which is you cannot stumble at all when your competition is that machine. 

Eh, City has shown the ability to f around and pull out a draw. The problem is they have no more quality teams left so you have to hope Fulham jumps up at home. I doubt Spurs will put up much of an effort. That club looks more tired than Liverpool. West Ham is done as well. Arsenal sadly get to experience what Liverpool has which is you cannot stumble at all when your competition is that machine. 

Villa loss does give Tottenham a mathematical shot at grabbing the last CL spot but Spursy then immediately went Spursy and while still a mathematical shot…well Spursy.

No at this point it’s more likely it comes out that Pep injected Kate with cancer and the FA has no choice but to deduct points than it is for City to drop points to any of those last three.

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

ARS bottled the title when they lost West Ham on 12/28 and lost to Fulham on NYE.  Losing to a T4 side is going to happen here and there, losing both and at not least drawing with one of those two teams is the points killer for us.

That and home to Fullham. We were up a goal and they were down a man with 7 mins plus stoppage left, and we pissed away two points.

Arsenal can close the season 16-1-1 and end on 89 points, most goals scored, fewest against. Which is a very good season. But very good isn’t enough. 

We can only hope that bald fucker is bored with the record 4th straight title, sterilizing the PL, and decides to retire to Abu Dhabi or whatever Gulf state. 

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

Arsenal sadly get to experience what Liverpool has which is you cannot stumble at all when your competition is that machine. 

I can’t imagine the anger Liverpool supporters have. Yes, y’all got one, but there are 115 reasons why y’all don’t have two more.